No platinum ?

Uare2good

9 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Even NBA The Prelude doesn't have a platinum, so it doesn't really matter. A game is perfectly fine however its trophies are lol.

The prelude was like a demo. This is a full game. I thought for sure it would have a platinum, I'm also disappointed. 

Firstly, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect every game to have a platinum, every game on Xbox has 1000 GS nowadays, including the aforementioned NBA demo. I'm playing through the Walking Dead series here and there in the lead up to me finally getting season 3 when episode 5 drops and season 2 and Michonne BOTH have a full 1000 GS list, while neither have a platinum over on PlayStation.

Second, cool, I was gonna buy this fucker on Switch anyway, NBA Jam for Genesis was loaded up too many times on my PSP and I think it will be right at home on a portable for that quick five minute burst kind of gameplay, had it dropped on Vita in addition to PS4 I'd have probably gone for the Vita version though, but at least now I don't have to be bummed to know I would have got another plat if I'd have bought it on PS4.

Third, easy as shit 100% list though if you actually like the game, assuming it turns out to be as much of an NBA Jam game as it seems to be. Decent enough list, should take a bit of time, but nothing too grindy at all.

Not every game needs a platinum, but I feel like this one did. What a great thing for a small studio to secure NBA rights and to also bring a new arcade sports title when that genre has been severely lacking. While this will probably sell well enough regardless, I feel they missed out on not including a platinum, especially considering they have legends in this game. Imagine the trophy scenario possibilities! What a bummer. A.I. is the cover athlete and no trophy referencing 'practice'? Damn.

Edited by GunfighterHefty

On 5/9/2017 at 0:15 PM, Shanda876 said:

"My Name Is Mayo" has a platinum lol... I think its fair at this point to say every game needs to have a platinum 1f605.png

That is pretty much all that needs to be said. I wonder if some devs realize they are losing sales due to not having a Platinum. I will buy a game I'm hyped for regardless of the trophies though.

Edited by Killbomb

22 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

That is pretty much all that needs to be said. I wonder if some devs realize they are losing sales due to not having a Platinum. I will buy a game I'm hyped for regardless of the trophies though.

This is how I feel as well. If I'm hyped for a game I'm buying it without even looking at the trophies because I don't care. But if I'm on the fence about a game and I see it doesn't have a plat I won't be buying it until it's dirt cheap then. Developers need to learn that not having plats hurt sales!