Unable to progress

Nitro

So I platinumed Batman on PS4 to get the experience of the story cause I heard the PS3 one is absolute garbage. But anyway, I decided that I should still do the PS3 version. Only problem is I can't get past the recap at the start of chapter 3. It always freezes resulting in me having to restart my PS3.

I have tried deleting like 20GB worth of games, saves and patches and I have also rebuilt the database.

It used to freeze at the end of ep 2 but I fixed that by the deletion of that 20GB.

Any ideas??

tl;dr I have rebuilt my PS3's database and deleted 20GB of stuff off but not matter what, I cannot progress past the recap in Chapter 3. Plz help

How to fix (personal fix): Disconnect your PS3 from the internet in Settings > network Settings > Internet Connection > Off. Furthermore, you can also try turning the Media Server option on or off.

Other than that, you can delete and redownload the episode you need. 

Edited by Nitro

10 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Wow. And I thought they put piss all effort into making their earlier games run properly. That's some bullshit man.

Yeah dude, I literally cannot progress. I have been stuck on the same screen for over an hour now.... It's fucked.

After now playing Telltale games on both PS3 and PS4 i'm pretty sure they put more optimization and QA into the PS4 versions than the PS3. It's pure speculation of course, but i have seen little to no issues on PS4 versions. It could also be the actual Telltale engine they use which is in dire need of an upgrade.

This is great guys, I do enjoy the discussion, really I do, but does anyone have any type of fix I COULD try?

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

After now playing Telltale games on both PS3 and PS4 i'm pretty sure they put more optimization and QA into the PS4 versions than the PS3. It's pure speculation of course, but i have seen little to no issues on PS4 versions. It could also be the actual Telltale engine they use which is in dire need of an upgrade.

The earlier games (TWAU, TWD S1,S2) weren't so bad. It's just Batman which is completely fucked....

I had the same problem on episode 3.5, it kept crashing but eventually after taking 5 or more feckin attempts it did complete.  Easily the worst game on PS3 from Telltale, it was awful and so frustrating.  You may just get lucky and get through it.

Alright well I can do episode 4 so far. I think Episode 3 is corrupted whilst downloading so i will have to redownload it after i finish episode 4 and 5.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

9 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

One thing that helped me when I got stuck was I picked a new save game and I turned off my wifi.  It ran a whole lot better when the PS3 wasn't connected to the internet that those two things got me past my forever loading screen.

I'll try that this arvo.

• 1 month later...

So far I have finally waited it out a long time, and started to play this game and 3 episodes in, it runs efficiently well that I don't experience any crashes any being signed in to psn. Most likely if all of the episodes are released and with the latest and final patch cames, thrm then these bad bugs don't really start up that I am starting to have faith of Telltale of not acrually fucking up the ps3 version again so far.

1 hour ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Will never mind of all the positives I tried to make, now I stuck on the screen that mostly everyone is talking about on episode 5. Once again, fuck you telltale for being a shitty company they is for this 

Sign out of PSN and disconnect the system from PSN. Helped me.

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Sign out of PSN and disconnect the system from PSN. Helped me.

I tried that, but I was still stuck at that one scene where I had to start over from episode 5 right now while being signed out since fucking ps plus won't transfer my real save data that i backed up of for 24 hours which is stupid

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

On 6/16/2017 at 8:52 PM, Superstarmaste1r said:

Will never mind of all the positives I tried to make, now I stuck on the screen that mostly everyone is talking about on episode 5. Once again, fuck you telltale for being a shitty company they is for this 

Just saying, it's not all Telltale's fault. Batman is too much for the PS3 to handle, that's why they never bought it to Vita. Their games are advancing while the PS3 and Vita are not. Their engine is also not good enough to keep the PS3 version going, but the PS4 is more than powerful enough to handle it.

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Just saying, it's not all Telltale's fault. Batman is too much for the PS3 to handle, that's why they never bought it to Vita. Their games are advancing while the PS3 and Vita are not. Their engine is also not good enough to keep the PS3 version going, but the PS4 is more than powerful enough to handle it.

Well I think it's false where I also saw on youtube that even on ps4, it has problems as well thst thier engine is quite shitty. The whole "improved" is totally a myth that if I totally see videos on youtube that they experienced how sucky Telltale is when it comes to glitches,than I think thos isn't true where they really dropped the ball on fulfilling thier problems which Telltale is more like Tellcrap.

9 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Well I think it's false where I also saw on youtube that even on ps4, it has problems as well thst thier engine is quite shitty. The whole "improved" is totally a myth that if I totally see videos on youtube that they experienced how sucky Telltale is when it comes to glitches,than I think thos isn't true where they really dropped the ball on fulfilling thier problems which Telltale is more like Tellcrap.

I played both versions ad experienced no crashes, glitches or anything of the thought. I think I had 2 frame rate drops. That's it. You're only seeing the bad side.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I played both versions ad experienced no crashes, glitches or anything of the thought. I think I had 2 frame rate drops. That's it. You're only seeing the bad side.

Well it's a shame how most other people including me who recieve the bad side are noe giving thier own thoughts of how crappy Telltale doesn't want to make thier games run better that is alresdy messed up as it is which isn't surprising that most people will disagree that they had no issues except noticeable frane rate drops.

3 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Well it's a shame how most other people including me who receive the bad side are now giving their own thoughts on how crappy Telltale is and how they don't want to make their games run better. That is already messed up as it is, so it isn't surprising that most people will disagree that they had no issues except noticeable frame rate drops.

You are playing the PS3 Version. That is obviously the shitter version!

And to be fair you said in the other thread you won't be getting a PS4 cause of the "community" on there, so you won't experience the good side of Telltale Games and how good they run on the PS4... So kinda hard to compare a PS3 port of a PS4 game. You knew it was going to have issues when you bought it.

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You are playing the PS3 Version. That is obviously the shitter version!

And to be fair you said in the other thread you won't be getting a PS4 cause of the "community" on there, so you won't experience the good side of Telltale Games and how good they run on the PS4... So kinda hard to compare a PS3 port of a PS4 game. You knew it was going to have issues when you bought it.

And seriously, I already know IT has that, but it doesn't mean that ps3 has this issue too where I just research it that both consoles has issues as well that it isn't just last gen that runs badly for telltale having a new engine problem, it's both that the company just don't know how to establish a betterframe consistently just like thier failures keeping piling up that I aware of.

And look the other part on youtube where once again it's false that the ps4 version has problems that a company named Telltale doesn't fulfill thier problems at all just to run it better if you include these consoles to be featured.

And already, I typed up telltale ps4 glitches, and what I see, thier latest game The Walking Dead Nee Frontier already has glitches ehere just like that it also still has some issues 

1 minute ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

And seriously, I already know IT has that, but it doesn't mean that ps3 has this issue too where I just research it that both consoles has issues as well that it isn't just last gen that runs badly for telltale having a new engine problem, it's both that the company just don't know how to establish a betterframe consistently just like thier failures keeping piling up that I aware of.

Well as I said, i had minimal when playing PS4.

By the way, can you please use punctuation more. It was a struggle reading that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Don't care that's how I write. Deal with it.

People ssy it otherwise where they just getting tired of Telltale overall

I know, but if it's incoherent, no one understands. That's all I'm saying dude.

Okay?

Well since this has turned into a debate about telltale instead of the original topic. I am now locking the thread.

• Like 1