Trialing Gaming Session Feedback

Great idea, but hope there is a system in place where someone is rated over multiple sessions rather than one - i.e an average is worked out after 5 sessions. If not, will probably leave the system open to trolling and people not bothering with it after a single bad experience. Other than that, pretty good system it looks like, and will probably make the gaming sessions a little less open to nonsense.

Just now, SkyMason said:

Great idea, but hope there is a system in place where someone is rated over multiple sessions rather than one - i.e an average is worked out after 5 sessions. If not, will probably leave the system open to trolling and people not bothering with it after a single bad experience. Other than that, pretty good system it looks like, and will probably make the gaming sessions a little less open to nonsense.

Right now you'll be rated for your last 5 sessions, host and participant ratings are separate.

• Like 1

If someone joins my session demands all his trophies before anyone else, rages and leaves. I will give a negative feedback, but surely he'll just respond by giving me the same treat? And then I risk not being able to join a future session because he screwed up my feedback? How will this work?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Great to see this implement. Good work!

I think the obvious question to ask is, are there going to be consequences for people who decide to give everybody negative feedback even though the boosting session went as planned?

There should be a way to avoid that. That could kill the feature before it even gets a chance.

I have mixed opinions on this.  In addition to all the ways this can be abused, I'm also going to be forced to participate in the feedback system, something I really didn't care about in the first place, or it looks bad on me.  

• Like 2

I think it's a great idea to put some trust and accountability on the community itself Sly. There will always be someone who decides to leave negative feedback just because they can, but in the long run it should keep people a little more honest to the sessions themselves.

Please no boosting score Leaderboards. 

I think this is a great start to something the users have been asking for. Let's just hope new boosters first sessions go perfectly or the unforgiving boost hosts will make boosting impossible for them. 

Perhaps, not showing any scores until someone has participated twice, then showing the score would help that out. Just show "No Data" or whatever any other first timer will show until they've completed their second.

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I have mixed opinions on this.  In addition to all the ways this can be abused, I'm also going to be forced to participate in the feedback system, something I really didn't care about in the first place, or it looks bad on me.  

I'm of the same mind on forced feedback, but think the small price to pay of giving feedback for every session I participated in is the greater good for the community. 

It's also important to define what is meant by 'disrupted the session' as far as the survey goes. That and what the definition of a 'Successful' session is. Because if there is no clear definition, it'll be left open to interpretation and the data might be skewed because of varying ideas on both.

One more thought,

As a host, I always allow more people to join than needed, anticipating there will be no shows. If this feature is here to stay, the sessions should be modified to allow people to keep joining as backups, but cannot vote unless I let them in officially, or something similar.  

Is it possible to calculate the raters own feedback score into how my feedback score is?

For example, I would get a lower score if someone with a historically good feedback score gave me a bad score as opposed to if someone with historically bad feedback score gave me a score?

(Mathematically, something like (RatersFeedbackScore * FeedbackScore) = Changes to my feedback score

So if someone with a 90% feedback score gave me a 1 my score would change by (0.9 * 1) = -0.9%

But if someone with a 50% feedback score gave me a 1 my score would change by (0.5*1) = -0.5%

2 hours ago, LucileRose said:

I like the idea but what about people who lie about someone's performance? You could have been amazing and did everything required but someone could easily give a terrible rating for no reason. 

This is true, but how many @$$holes are out there who would honestly do this? What we should have  to combat this is a block list, so we can block people like this or something similar and make it transparent on who gave you what rating. I'd also like to see a rage quitter image added as a choice.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

This is really good, because now you get better Boosting sessions, and some people making them just for the fuck sake. I had this a couple of times happening already. Now people will be more serious as they don't want have a negative feedback.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

The gaming sessions have always been my favourite feature of PSNP...have to say though I'm not a fan of this at all should it have any impact on our ability to join or create sessions...I couldn't care less about my or anyone else's rating when boosting and can see this system being abused...I'm open to new ideas but should this impede people's ability to play for fun while also earning trophies then I'm not feeling it...this could also penalize people who put real life ahead of earning trophies, something I have no problem with...I can't realistically see myself rating anyone, is participation optional?..would not rating make my score go down?...and what if I don't even need any of the trophies in a session I create?...there are many things on this site that spark wang contests and envy and from what i've seen many of the changes in the past have divided the community here rather than bringing it together...I hope this rating system isn't one of these kinds of changes...

Edit: could I get around the system by bumping my session regularly for a couple weeks/months/years and then kick everyone on the day I'm ready to let it expire?...just curious...

Edited by ProfBambam55
Added edit...
  • Like 2

That's fine and all, but demerits should not disadvantage anyone from using the Sessions.

Negatively affecting the use of this feature will only lead to more bitching about it.

OT, I'm surprised you gave into this one. But hey, it's your show...

I don't like the idea of being forced to give feedback. I'll give feedback if I remember to do so, but I'm not going to be punished for not doing it. This is something I do for fun, forcing feedback is like you're going to punish me for not filling out my timesheet at work, which I do because I have to, to feed my family.

• Like 2

I have to say this would make me far less inclined to use Gaming Sessions especially if it stays.

I really don't like the idea of being forced to leave feedback just so I don't get negative feedback. I think just the Session Host should be leaving feedback because if I join a session that goes according to plan and everyone gets their trophy then what incentive (apart from negative feedback) have I got to go back and leave feedback if I'm not the host.

Another issue I would have would be what I have done from time to time. Not to long ago I was boosting Assassin's Creed Revelations and I set up a couple of boosting sessions. However I did not set them up with the intention of everyone showing up on time and everyone getting their trophies. I set it up so I could add as many boosters as I could to my friends list and when there were enough people online I'd message everyone to start a lobby. Some people that I added I boosted with while others I didn't end up boosting with at all. So how would feedback in a situation like this work? Not only that but if you have sessions like this then it's only the host who's really going to be keeping track of what players are actually boosting. If I join a session like this then I as a participant but not host, don't care whether other people do or don't show up or boost or not so long as the people who show up and participate get their trophies. As a participant I'm not going to be keeping a log of who does what or shows up during the session just so I can leave appropriate feedback especially if you need a large group for a trophy.

Another issue would be something unexpected coming up meaning a booster can't join the session or even message the host to say so, meaning they would automatically get negative feedback if they can't get online within 24 hours of the session ending.

Also forgot to ask, is there a warning/message before creating/joining a session so people know about leaving feedback

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Also forgot to ask, is there a warning/message before creating/joining a session so people know about leaving feedback

So far there's no warning/message that there's a feedback option when creating a session.

Personally I can't give any feedback on this yet but a thing I would suggest beside the rating is the possibility to add an optional textfield where you can input why you rated the person the way and when a person receives feedback (s)he knows what the reason for the rating was.

• Like 1

I see getting negative feedback purely for not going back to the session page and finding how to give feedback can cause a lot of issues - a lot of people simply won't pay attention and won't find this. Maybe it should work to where they just don't get their positive feedback (Stay as they were) unless they get mostly negative feedback because they were bad with the session. They'll get a notification next time they enter to the site explaining they didn't get their positive rep (It kept their rep where it was before joining the session) and remember to check in within 48 hours next time to improve their rep.

I also think it's a little too complex of a presentation right now, with a ton of options to choose from for each person, it's just not simple. I really think it can be consolidated into three options for each person:

• :) Great - Fully Participated in the session. (Same with host*)
  • <_< Could've Been Better - Showed up to the session, but left early. (Host: Wasn't a reliable host)
  • :(Terrible - Disrupted the session and/or didn't show up. 

* I don't think the host should be penalized for an unsuccessful session, a number of sessions just don't pan out, for instance one trophy in Uncharted 3 could take so many hours to get and one session may just be small progress towards it.

Notification Pop-up Message - I think people should be given a more obvious notification when revisiting the site to leave feedback instead of thinking they'll actually revisit the session page (They won't). Wherever they re-enter the site, just have an initial overlay screen asking if the session went well, only going to that voting screen if there were actually any issues otherwise everyone would get a great rating.

I'll throw in my previous post where I left some recommendations on how those "notification" pop-ups should maybe should show up and see if that has some good things to contribute with users actually finding where to vote. Thinking about it now with the reputation, I think only the host should see the green & red "rep bars" I made in the post below, there's really no need for the others to see it I don't think.

Anyway, hope this helps! =)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1