Trialing Gaming Session Feedback

I hosted and completed a session, left feedback for the team, was told later that I did not leave feedback and was penalized for it.

I'm not sure why that happened when I checked off all those radio buttons. Twice even. It's like it didn't take it the first time and when I reloaded the page later I was asked to do it again.

Some things definitely still need to be tweaked before this actually gets implemented. I joined a Far Cry 2 session to get the War Party trophy. The session had a set time of August 19th 5:00 AM (my timezone). I joined the session because I would be available at that time. Then more and more people joined until someone brought up that another time would work better for Europeans. The host changed the session time to 5:00 PM (my timezone) instead. Since I'd have a meeting at work at the newly set time, I posted this immediately after the change:

jwYjka8.png

No-one recognised my comment other than the session host who sent me 1 message, only to not reply to me after that anymore. The other 17 (or something like that, more people joined than that needed the trophy) people started the session and all got their trophy. Now feedback had to be given and I got this feedback:

lIVUGnY.png

I suddenly wasn't able to join the session because the host changed the time and, because of that, I got a 0% rating from 3 people thanks to the session host. I think the way gaming sessions work should be changed somewhat if this rating system is going to be implemented like this. Maybe something along the lines of automatically removing all players from the session when the host changes the time and notifying the players who joined about it here or through an automatic e-mail. The players that are still available at the new time can re-join the session and the players who aren't, can decide not to re-join and they won't get the negative feedback they don't deserve.

• Like 1

I don't really like this idea. MP trophies are already bad enough, and this just adds another layer of problems on top of it.

At the very least, there should be a neutral/no vote option, as sometimes the gaming sessions just have placeholder times, making it impossible to rate somebody before the deadline is up.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:00 AM, DeadStanley said:

I hosted and completed a session, left feedback for the team, was told later that I did not leave feedback and was penalized for it.

I'm not sure why that happened when I checked off all those radio buttons. Twice even. It's like it didn't take it the first time and when I reloaded the page later I was asked to do it again.

You forgot to hit 'save feedback'

On 8/20/2017 at 1:33 PM, Lucas said:

Some things definitely still need to be tweaked before this actually gets implemented. I joined a Far Cry 2 session to get the War Party trophy. The session had a set time of August 19th 5:00 AM (my timezone). I joined the session because I would be available at that time. Then more and more people joined until someone brought up that another time would work better for Europeans. The host changed the session time to 5:00 PM (my timezone) instead. Since I'd have a meeting at work at the newly set time, I posted this immediately after the change:

jwYjka8.png

No-one recognised my comment other than the session host who sent me 1 message, only to not reply to me after that anymore. The other 17 (or something like that, more people joined than that needed the trophy) people started the session and all got their trophy. Now feedback had to be given and I got this feedback:

I suddenly wasn't able to join the session because the host changed the time and, because of that, I got a 0% rating from 3 people thanks to the session host. I think the way gaming sessions work should be changed somewhat if this rating system is going to be implemented like this. Maybe something along the lines of automatically removing all players from the session when the host changes the time and notifying the players who joined about it here or through an automatic e-mail. The players that are still available at the new time can re-join the session and the players who aren't, can decide not to re-join and they won't get the negative feedback they don't deserve.

You should have left the session if you knew you could not attend. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that 24 hours timeframe to leave the feedback is not good enough. Very often people are just creating a boosting session, writing "time and date is just a placeholder" and after that they are just communicating in the PS Messages about the date. I had the same situation here - boosting session ended on 7th of September but we are agreed on 9th and even boosted yesterday. And now I'm unable to leave a feedback just because 24 hours have already passed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kalimullin said:

I believe that 24 hours timeframe to leave the feedback is not good enough. Very often people are just creating a boosting session, writing "time and date is just a placeholder" and after that they are just communicating in the PS Messages about the date. I had the same situation here - boosting session ended on 7th of September but we are agreed on 9th and even boosted yesterday. And now I'm unable to leave a feedback just because 24 hours have already passed.

I see placeholder groups all the time. One solution to this problem is to provide an option to create a boosting group with an unspecific time/date. Otherwise, I get annoyed when I join these because it means I need to write down a time for the sole purpose of leaving feedback about players I haven't even boosted with yet. It doesn't help that the window to leave feedback is so tight either. Not all boosting sessions are over within a few hours (I recently had one that stretched over a three-day period), and it's unrealistic to expect everybody to get to a computer within 24 hours. Give players at least a week, and provide a neutral option for feedback.

Also, another thing I don't like is the "great," "good," "bad," "terrible" options. I said this somewhere else, but "great" and "good" should be combined, as should "bad" and "terrible". You should also choose words that make it clear that the feedback is for a player's willingness to help/follow directions, and not their skill level (unless you intend that to be part of the criteria). As it stands right now, how many players are going to be given poor ratings just because they're not experts at a game, even if they're a great team member?

You could say it should be on the player to make the proper call when leaving feedback, but they're not the ones being punished for a bad rating.

I think this is an awesome idea and would really stimulate the boosting community.  It serves as a good indicator as who is a reliable boosting partner and encourages people to actually commit to the boosting session.

The only thing I can think of that would be an issue is that I don't want to go to the boosting page and then click on my boosting session in order to rate the other players.  If possible I'd like there to be a reminder on the main page that requests a rating for the session.  A lot of apps that I use do this and I find it very useful.

I rate people ONLY by their dedication and willingness to participate in a session. Wether they are good at the game or not doesn't come into account for me as long as they come when they say and try their best. I also agree Great and Good etc should be combined. I only rate Terrible for people who are really disruptive.

GREAT, TERRIBLE, NO SHOW are all that's really needed.

Edited by Hogie838

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up as an extra for a session and told them to message me if I was needed. I was on the game for the whole time of the session playing with friends and since they didn't need me I was never contacted. I had no idea whether any of them showed up but I didn't see a neutral option so I just gave them all positive feedback. Checked it today and 2 voted me a no show and the other 2 didn't rate me. People. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Is this feedback thing still in a trial phase, what's happening with it? I joined a session that stated clearly in the description that the time and date was a placeholder and the person running it would send a message to arrange a time. In fact I even messaged him and invited him to join me in a similar session I set up myself. Yet I still got rated as a no show. Serious issues with this system. 

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah before this reputation system even comes in there needs to be a number of things fixed with it imo and things like "Time & Date a placeholder" need a solution (Something people do a lot now)

I put this on my session when I know the thing I'm boosting is going to require more then one session because it's a grind. Maybe there could be an option when you set up the session?

'this session will require multiple times and dates' a tick box perhaps. 

there should be what, about 6 months of data now?...would be curious to see if the forced feedback system has had a positive impact on the quality of sessions...I've only ran a few sessions since implemented but managed to kick everyone and delete the former just before they started thereby bypassing the need to force anyone to give feedback...haven't heard any complaints...pretty sure I'd still have a "virgin" rating...gonna maintain a stance that feedback being optional might work best...in a way, it is now anyhow...

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i don't mind it bu the host of the session voted me as terrible rating even though i showed up and he never even show up for the session, does rating effect your profile on here

It doesn't, it's still just being tested so it doesn't affect anything

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a no show to a session and it really messed up my evening. Poor form.

I would propose a system where only positive feedback is shown to users. Negative feedback / no shows could get a three strike leeway from sessions within one year. Once they have accumulated three within a 12 month period, their profile could flag them as frequent no show. Anyway just my thoughts. I'm quite annoyed at the no show, as it prevented other people from possibly joining.

I just want to say that I have a problem with the system as it is currently because I recently created a session for Bioshock 2 saying "date and time are placeholders" because it is a really long grind (over 30 hours) so I knew that setting a time was stupid. But now that the session is closed I am forced to leave a feedback before tomorrow even though most of the people never showed up and one of them joined like 2 hours before the session ended since he knew it was just a "placeholder".

So what do I have to do, rate him as someone who never showed up which would be quite stupid and he would probably rate me badly in return too even though I helped multiple people or should I give him a good feedback even though I never played with him ?

I know it's just a trial now and every feedback will be removed but I just wanted to give my point of view on this rating system.

1 minute ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I just want to say that I have a problem with the system as it is currently because I recently created a session for Bioshock 2 saying "date and time are placeholders" because it is a really long grind (over 30 hours) so I knew that setting a time was stupid. But now that the session is closed I am forced to leave a feedback before tomorrow even though most of the people never showed up and one of them joined like 2 hours before the session ended since he knew it was just a "placeholder".

So what do I have to do, rate him as someone who never showed up which would be quite stupid and he would probably rate me badly in return too even though I helped multiple people or should I give him a good feedback even though I never played with him ?

I know it's just a trial now and every feedback will be removed but I just wanted to give my point of view on this rating system.

delete the players and session if still in your list...feedback avoided...yes, works if session time is passed...

• Like 1