DLC #5 Trophies?

1 hour ago, SkyMason said:

Still can't believe they are charging £25 for a bunch of old maps. Activision has absolutely no shame with this series... 

SOME of us looked forward to this DLC. Nobody's forcing you to buy it, but it's a welcome gift, especially for those who came into zombies late, or don't have last-gen consoles. I've been enjoying these remastered maps. 

Just now, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

SOME of us looked forward to this DLC. Nobody's forcing you to buy it, but it's a welcome gift, especially for those who came into zombies late, or don't have last-gen consoles. I've been enjoying these remastered maps. 

I have the season pass, and I'm 100% not against them charging for any kind of content. I just do not think it's reasonable to charge £25/$30 for what is basically repackaged old assets. This would have been more than reasonable at half the price as everything they needed was already there (other than some obvious legwork to get it working in BO3's engine). This is a minimum effort/maximum profit situation for the publisher and that's what I find to be pretty shitty. The DLC itself is great if you like zombies - but at more or less the price of another season pass for just old stuff? That's a kick in the teeth for fans.

2 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

I have the season pass, and I'm 100% not against them charging for any kind of content. I just do not think it's reasonable to charge £25/$30 for what is basically repackaged old assets. This would have been more than reasonable at half the price as everything they needed was already there (other than some obvious legwork to get it working in BO3's engine). This is a minimum effort/maximum profit situation for the publisher and that's what I find to be pretty shitty. The DLC itself is great if you like zombies - but at more or less the price of another season pass for just old stuff? That's a kick in the teeth for fans.

It's fantastic for me. There's never been a time when the BO1/BO2 leaderboards were never irreparably fucked by modders, and then BO1 leaderboards don't go pass round 99 and didn't count solo. So it gets me pumped to try the classic maps with new mechanics. Alternative ammo, gobblegum, and sliding helps to refine these maps. I do wish they changed Shang to be soloable, like they did Moon, but seeing as I don't care for Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer, a new DLC for BO3 was in desperate need for me to go back to the game after months of hiatus, though MotD not being remastered is disappointing

1 hour ago, SkyMason said:

Still can't believe they are charging £25 for a bunch of old maps. Activision has absolutely no shame with this series... 

I can say having played them all it's not just a repackaged group of maps. The amount of work that went into remastering the maps and improving functionality definitely shows. The price for 8 maps that required this amount of work being completely redone from the ground up is something not to be scoffed at. I think the Call of Duty series has fallen significantly from where it once was, but this is a definite step in a good direction.