Silence, Fool! - Glitched?

I was playing AC Black Flag last night and I was doing a memory on a plantation and there were two bell ringers. I reloaded multiple times as no matter how I killed the bell ringer (when he was ringing the bell), the trophy was not popping. 

Is this glitched or do I have to be in free roam for this to work? 

Not exactly going for the platinum but want as many trophies as I can get along the way. 

Maybe differ a bit in terms of

• the duration of bell ringing (while he is running to the bell but before he even gets to do so, a second of bell-ringing, three seconds ...)
  • how many other guards are around (I'm sure there have to be at least a few, so don't kill everyone before)
  • and, as mentioned above me, change the weapons around (I guess hidden blades should work best)

:)

I don't see why it wouldn't work while replaying a memory. But I got it while playing a mission the first time, so I can't really say for sure.

Edited by dalailama1989

I was sure I had tried melee but maybe he had stopped ringing before I killed him. It's stupid as should work with a pistol... 

I will try this again next time I have an opportunity to with my blades. Thanks for the responses everyone.