Glitch trophies

igruld

So I just finished my 4th walkthrough, and still no 'Sherlock Holmes' trophy. I turned off snoopkey option in the settings, done all in-game puzzles without skipping them - nothing. Tutorial is pissing me off, you must press the L3 button to progress. I see that most of recent gamers didn't achieve 'Sherlock Holmes'. 

Is there any 'right' way to get this trophy????

On 8.05.2017 at 9:00 PM, darkriku96 said:

I got the trophy on my first walktrough without problem. What I did in the tutorial was pressing R3 instead of L3 and that´s it, never pressed any of them again. Hope this helps! 1f604.png

Exactly, that's the question: were you playing digital or disc version?

darkriku96: You got the plat on 10th of March 2017, so before the patch was released so it doesn't actually matter which version you have played - it was still fine then.

So the method with R3 with 1.01 digital version didn't work for me - I just finished the game for the 5th time - still no "Sherlock Holmes" trophy.

On 2017-5-18 at 11:19 PM, Smashero said:

darkriku96: You got the plat on 10th of March 2017, so before the patch was released so it doesn't actually matter which version you have played - it was still fine then.

So the method with R3 with 1.01 digital version didn't work for me - I just finished the game for the 5th time - still no "Sherlock Holmes" trophy.

On 2017-5-14 at 11:26 PM, Animefreak93 said:

Was it Version 1.01 or 1.00?

I´m sorry to hear that :( Can you delete the patch and play without updating? I think I did that with Minecraft.I played the disc version of Silence.

3 hours ago, darkriku96 said:

I´m sorry to hear that :( Can you delete the patch and play without updating? I think I did that with Minecraft.I played the disc version of Silence.

Nope, the patch is now implemented in the digital version, so no chance :/.

Maybe you chabe this disc version of Silence for share/sell? :D.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played three full playthroughs of this game trying to get Sherlock Holmes to pop. It's the only one I need.

So frustrating.

Going to try deleting the game and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I'll try deleting the game and reinstalling WITHOUT any patches, see what happens. 

Edit: the patches are already included on initial install? That sucks.

Edited by TheLord_HUMUNGUS

6 hours ago, TheLord_HUMUNGUS said:

Played three full playthroughs of this game trying to get Sherlock Holmes to pop. It's the only one I need.

So frustrating.

Going to try deleting the game and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, I'll try deleting the game and reinstalling WITHOUT any patches, see what happens. 

Edit: the patches are already included on initial install? That sucks.

The only option to get that trophy at the moment is to play disc version of the game without downloading patch 1.01. Digital version is prepatched and "Sherlock Holmes" is unobtainable.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 3:08 AM, Smashero said:

The only option to get that trophy at the moment is to play disc version of the game without downloading patch 1.01. Digital version is prepatched and "Sherlock Holmes" is unobtainable.

Does the disc version create a second trophy list? I don't mind getting two platinums for the game if they ever patch the digital, but I also wouldn't mind not having a game stuck at 97% completion.

12 hours ago, TheLord_HUMUNGUS said:

Does the disc version create a second trophy list? I don't mind getting two platinums for the game if they ever patch the digital, but I also wouldn't mind not having a game stuck at 97% completion.

No, there is only one list, same for digital/disc copy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, got my disc copy over the weekend, first playthrough is a bust. Still no Sherlock trophy :( 

I'm getting pretty burned out on this game. Think I may have one more try left in me, but if I can't get it on the next attempt I'll likely just accept that I'll never get the platinum for this game.

20 minutes ago, TheLord_HUMUNGUS said:

Welp, got my disc copy over the weekend, first playthrough is a bust. Still no Sherlock trophy :( 

I'm getting pretty burned out on this game. Think I may have one more try left in me, but if I can't get it on the next attempt I'll likely just accept that I'll never get the platinum for this game.

Are you sure that you didn't download the update in the background?

Check the "version".

Delete the digital one, delete the copied data of disc one, disconnect the Network (just in case :D), reinsert the disc and play then again.

It has to work.

I really do not remember if I disabled or enabled the "tips" in options...

And be 100% that you have pressed L3/R3 only once during the tutortial.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I wrote about the glitched trophy to devs on September 2017. They replied quick telling that the problem is known and they are working on it. Well we have already January 2018 and patch is still not relased. I wrote to them again yesterday. Will let you informed when I get an answer.

• 1 month later...

OH GREAT. Was bookmarking the platinum walkthrough for this, guess I'll delete the bookmark since this game sucks @$$ since I can't buy the physical version of it. I HATE IT WHEN DEVS DON'T PATCH THEIR GAMES. Boycotting it because of this glitch which makes the platinum impossible because one trophy is glitched and unattainable.

What a SHAME, it looked like another easy point-and-click plat too. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...