Favorite Monkey Tower

Matrim_Drasgen

Whether you are an old fan of BTD 5 or a newcomer, this thread is for discussing our favorite towers. No matter the level or the difficulty (so long as it is not a challenge that excludes your favorite), what is your go to tower that you always play with each and every time?

Mine is the Monkey Buccaneer. A simple tower though a bit heavy on the price in the beginning and one of its Lv4 upgrades, this tower can do it all. Lead, ceramic, black, camouflage, MOAB, or fast bloons, this tower hits them all. Sure it needs water (most levels have water or you can buy a special agent at a reasonable price) and as mentioned, can be heavy in terms of cash for upgrades but I can beat a couple of levels with just one Monkey Buccaneer. Hard to say that about most towers. Give me a Glue Gunner and I can do some damage! Lol.

So what is your favorite Monkey tower?

Aww shit lol. I gotta say Super Monkey. Back in high school, long long before TD5, Super Monkey was my fcking GOAL for the end of my classes lmfao. If I couldn't get 1 Super Monkey on before my class ended I was pissed hahahaha. (this was in between doing Accounting work and listening to the teacher)

Some days I was able to make Super Monkey get his plasma vision and the rest of my day could have been shit I was still happy lol.

Then Sun God came along and it's just a badass tower.

• Like 1

Ninja Monkey is my favorite tower. I tend to upgrade it first when starting a new game and try to get it to 3/2 before building anything else.

The Monkey Sub is my next favorite tower since using it in the mobile versions. Having infinite range and explosive payload at 2/3 has made it my go-to tower on water levels.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Aww shit lol. I gotta say Super Monkey. Back in high school, long long before TD5, Super Monkey was my fcking GOAL for the end of my classes lmfao. If I couldn't get 1 Super Monkey on before my class ended I was pissed hahahaha. (this was in between doing Accounting work and listening to the teacher)

Some days I was able to make Super Monkey get his plasma vision and the rest of my day could have been shit I was still happy lol.

Then Sun God came along and it's just a badass tower.

Yeah, Super Monkey is good. Definitely the big badass, expensive though. Worth it, so powerful.

12 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Ninja Monkey is my favorite tower. I tend to upgrade it first when starting a new game and try to get it to 3/2 before building anything else.

The Monkey Sub is my next favorite tower since using it in the mobile versions. Having infinite range and explosive payload at 2/3 has made it my go-to tower on water levels.

Yes, Monkey Ninja is definitely top three for me. Quick, fast and oh so deadly. Don't have any experience with the sub as I don't play the mobile version. **Correction** Sub is on the web version too, I just don't have much experience using it as I tend to go Buccaneer. It does have some cool potential I need to look into because infinite range is a necessity. How does that work on the sub?

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

4 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Yeah, Super Monkey is good. Definitely the big badass, expensive though. Worth it, so powerful.

Tbh I mainly chose it for nostalgia purposes. When you start utilizing the banana farm they get easier to set on the map.

My favorite tower can heavily depend on the map. In early stages I tend to like the tack shooter. Upgrading it to the ring of fire is so cool lol.

On water levels I do like the buccaneer ship though because it doesn't get to be used often.

• Like 1

Ring of fire is cool, I agree. Love putting it on the maps that have circles the bloons go around so it can just lay waste to them all! I put as many there as I can and just have massive path of fire death, then putting Monkey Apprentices spec to Fire around the outside for giggles. It is so much fun. Lol.

3 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Yes, Monkey Ninja is definitely top three for me. Quick, fast and oh so deadly. Don't have any experience with the sub as I don't play the mobile version. **Correction** Sub is on the web version too, I just don't have much experience using it as I tend to go Buccaneer. It does have some cool potential I need to look into because infinite range is a necessity. How does that work on the sub?

The infinite range gives the sub the range of any other towers you have placed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

The infinite range gives the sub the range of any other towers you have placed.

Damn, that is awesome. Put the sub as far away as possible. Does it get the range of the carrier upgrade from Buccaneer, which is the whole screen the way it attacks, or just towers that have range limited to the black circle?

53 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Damn, that is awesome. Put the sub as far away as possible. Does it get the range of the carrier upgrade from Buccaneer, which is the whole screen the way it attacks, or just towers that have range limited to the black circle?

It's just limited to the black circles of the other towers. If the other towers have the ability to see camo bloons then the sub can hit camo bloons in their range as well. Putting in a few 2/x Dart Monkeys across the map will let you get most range for your buck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It's just limited to the black circles of the other towers. If the other towers have the ability to see camo bloons then the sub can hit camo bloons in their range as well. Putting in a few 2/x Dart Monkeys across the map will let you get most range for your buck.

Oh wow! That is a huge game changer and a great tip. Very helpful for Newbs and Pros alike of the game. Thanks kuuhaku!!!

• 1 year later...

The Monkey Buccaneer is my favourite. It’s cheap to buy and upgrade and it never lets me down. Whenever there’s a water map I just spam it alongside The Monkey Sub. It dominates up until you get to into the 80ish rounds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

The Monkey Buccaneer is my favourite. It’s cheap to buy and upgrade and it never lets me down. Whenever there’s a water map I just spam it alongside The Monkey Sub. It dominates up until you get to into the 80ish rounds. 

The Monkey Buccaneer is my favorite as well. Especially when you fully upgrade the Specialty building and can give other towers camo detection.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

The Monkey Buccaneer is my favorite as well. Especially when you fully upgrade the Specialty building and can give other towers camo detection.

Hell yeah, I’ve been moping the floor with these water maps. I don’t even need the Super Monkey when you can just spam Buccaneers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Hell yeah, I’ve been moping the floor with these water maps. I don’t even need the Super Monkey when you can just spam Buccaneers.

Yeah, Super Monkey is fun but I like the challenge of not using them. By the time you get SM or do any of the upgrades, you can have so many other cool towers. Though I enjoy Robo Super Monkey.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Yeah, Super Monkey is fun but I like the challenge of not using them. By the time you get SM or do any of the upgrades, you can have so many other cool towers. Though I enjoy Robo Super Monkey.

Robot Super Mokey is super effective and cheap, used to be my go-to Super Monkey upgrade side until I bought Double Cash mode and got all spoilt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Robot Super Mokey is super effective and cheap, used to be my go-to Super Monkey upgrade side until I bought Double Cash mode and got all spoilt.

Lol, Sun God monkey is a beast, that is for sure. Fast, deadly, range, can hit anything and has three attack beams.

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Have to say Ninja Monkey + Apprentice, though I love the heli and that spike trap. Mecha Super Monkey's awesome, but damn, putting ton of Apprentices on the board is just insane. 

Ninja and Apprentice are great choices. More shurikens and fire path are my go to choices for my monkeys.

9 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Ninja and Apprentice are great choices. More shurikens and fire path are my go to choices for my monkeys.

So far, I'm liking the tornadoes, since it's exhilarating seeing so many bloons floating away lol, but damn, the challenges are kicking my ass. Guess I should focus on completing the standard levels first.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

So far, I'm liking the tornadoes, since it's exhilarating seeing so many bloons floating away lol, but damn, the challenges are kicking my ass. Guess I should focus on completing the standard levels first.

Tornadoes are good choices too. Combine them with Ninia Monkey's Distraction ability and the push back is amazing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...