Android WiFi Issues

Sir_Bee

I have a OnePlus X and over the last few weeks I have noticed that it has had some issues connecting to any WiFi network.  If I turned on Airplane mode for a second, that used to fix the problem for a day or two.  Then resetting the phone would fix the problem for a day or two. I also installed an app called WiFi Fixer, and that seemed to help for a while, but now it seems nothing I do helps.  This is not an issue with the WiFi network, as every other device in my house works just fine (PS3, laptop, PS4, wife's Galaxy S5), and at work there are several phones and computers connected to the network just fine.  This is also not the first time I have experienced this problem.  My wife's old Samsung phone (I think it was the galaxy S3, but not sure) had the same problem late in its life.  If my phone were several years old, I might understand, but it isn't even a year old yet.

I have done some preliminary research online, and there are posts from people experiencing this problem all over the place, on multiple versions of Android OS, over multiple years, but nobody seemed to have a solution, which seemed odd to me.  If it is a known issue, experienced by many people, how has it not been fixed, or at least have a work around?

That is a conversation for a different time though. I am here to ask if anyone here has experienced a similar problem with their Android devices, and/or if they know of any solution to the problem.  I would rather not buy a new phone this early in its life cycle. 

Thanks for any help you can provide, I appreciate the effort.

18 minutes ago, SolidJD said:

No idea how you would fix this problem. You will have a warranty on the device, I would send the device off under warranty and get it fixed/replaced that way. It will be free of charge. 

Thank you for the reply.  I have contacted OnePlus, and they have set up an appointment with a tech to remote into my phone and see if they can fix the issue.  If not, I should be able to send it to them to have them repair it under warranty.  I was just hoping there was something i could do that would not leave me without a phone for several weeks.