New Need for Speed Game 2017!!!!

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Maybe. After the DLC bullshit with the last release, no chance I buy this day 1. Will wait at least a year to see what happens.

I didn't think you bought any games day 1. I thought you wait for the guide completion time divided by price to meet a certain criteria to pick games up.

Since there aren't any Need for Speed demos, that likely means no demo for this one either. Bummer. I'd like a new racer to play on my alternate account, maybe I'll rent this when it releases and see if it's worth buying.

7 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I hope they put prestige events from NFS 2015 in there again, they were intense

Maybe as DLC again though, cos it would be a mega hard plat otherwise.

1 minute ago, DennisWilles said:

They've all been shit since Most Wanted 2005. It's sad that offline mode and pausing the game are advertised as features if they should be in any game without saying.  

MW2005 was amazing though.

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I didn't think you bought any games day 1. I thought you wait for the guide completion time divided by price to meet a certain criteria to pick games up.

Since there aren't any Need for Speed demos, that likely means no demo for this one either. Bummer. I'd like a new racer to play on my alternate account, maybe I'll rent this when it releases and see if it's worth buying.

I don't buy many, because I just don't get around to playing them near launch, and it seems like a waste of money to leave full priced games sit in shrink wrap for a year.

With AAA games, I find it now helpful to see what DLC will be released and what the price will be.

4 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

What was wrong with the last DLC?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5618-need-for-speed-prestige-and-speedlists-dlc-trophy-guide

I don't agree with the practice of adding DLC that significantly changes the overall difficulty and approach of the game. To be fair, I sold the game and didn't try the Prestige Events. Don't have interest in adding a 100 hour DLC pack to my backlog. I know a few people who tried it, and unfair was the description.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I don't buy many, because I just don't get around to playing them near launch, and it seems like a waste of money to leave full priced games sit in shrink wrap for a year.

With AAA games, I find it now helpful to see what DLC will be released and what the price will be.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5618-need-for-speed-prestige-and-speedlists-dlc-trophy-guide

I don't agree with the practice of adding DLC that significantly changes the overall difficulty and approach of the game. To be fair, I sold the game and didn't try the Prestige Events. Don't have interest in adding a 100 hour DLC pack to my backlog. I know a few people who tried it, and unfair was the description.

It doesn't take anywhere near 100 hours LOL.  Yeah, it was harder than the main game, but it wasn't that bad. and it was free.

8 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

hey man I'm getting the game. How hard do you think the dlc is guide says 9/10.

I'd give it a solid 6-7.  It's certainly not easy, but there are YouTube videos out there.  The key to getting gold times/scores is tuning your car.  Also, there's luck involved because cars occasionally spawn out of nowhere, causing you to crash.  There were too many times where I had to start over because of that :facepalm: If you crash, you might as well start over because you're likely not getting gold.  I think the only challenge I got gold despite crashing was the very last challenge.  I crashed twice and still beat the challenge by a few seconds.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I know it's not the same as a demo but there are at least timed trials for five PS3-based NfS-games:

Hot Pursuit (2010), Most Wanted (2012), Rivals, The Run, and Shift 2: Unleashed.

As they are for PS3 they require a PS+-subscription and you can only play them for a total time of one hour, but there's at least the possibility to test the older games. 

Personally the only thing that makes me slightly optimistic is the fact that the game doesn't require a permanent online connection and the pause-functionality is available again. This at least suggests that there's a (more or less clear) separation between the single- and the multiplayer-modes which I welcome as I prefer the possibility to switch between those modes via the menu and not have the "fear" that someone might join my game and disturbing or interrupting me somehow.

40 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I'd give it a solid 6-7.  It's certainly not easy, but there are YouTube videos out there.  The key to getting gold times/scores is tuning your car.  Also, there's luck involved because cars occasionally spawn out of nowhere, causing you to crash.  There were too many times where I had to start over because of that :facepalm: If you crash, you might as well start over because you're likely not getting gold.  I think the only challenge I got gold despite crashing was the very last challenge.  I crashed twice and still beat the challenge by a few seconds.

Pretty much I remember doing one of Eddie's challenges and it took me 20 tries bc of that one car and some good tuning. 

Back on topic. Pretty excited for the next nfs. From the image kind of remind me undercover (only nfs game I haven't play). Hope they improve the customization bc I was have trouble with it(by customization I mean the layer decals) guess we find out on June 2nd

58 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I want to add, this only applies if you're generally good at racing games. If you usually often just have bad timing and can't get curves (like me), then you're screwed in the Prestige DLC. Really, I practiced a month and didn't even manage to get bronze on all Prestige races. Plat however was easy for me. That's how big the difference between the maingame and the Prestige DLC is.

On topic, like others the Prestige DLC of NfS2015 has really put me off, so I'll be careful with this game. A fun racer, yes, I'll take that, but close to impossible challenges, no thanks. Also, like @DennisWilles said, while pausing and offline are fine, they should just be the norm and not something special really.

wow, the last NFS game I ever played was hot pursuit on the ps3, last time I put that disc on my ps3 was somewhere around 2013 and after that I promised not to buy a NFS game ever since.

I know that there was an online only NFS game came before this one that kinda flopped, but it sounded a bit weird when EA say it will be an offline experience.

no guessing there, will be a single player game with lots of micro transaction as an extra option for faster car modification?

NFS went into the shit-toilet once they went to the "Underground". In all honesty, there were only 3 good games in the entire history of the Series IMO....NFS III: Hot Pursuit (PSOne), NFS IV: High Stakes (PSOne) and NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2).

I'll pick this up in the bargain bin in a couple of years.

2 hours ago, monseiurpatty said:

Maybe as DLC again though, cos it would be a mega hard plat otherwise.

MW2005 was amazing though.

I know, that's what I meant. Ever since that came out, nothing was even remotely good anymore. Even the game called "Most Wanted" in 2012 was a dirty lie, it had nothing to do with the original.