(Rumor) Could next Far Cry be western related

snakebit10

I wonder what kinda ferocious animals we get to skin this time if western....horses?

edit: I guess there are buffalos and bulls too...

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Maybe some grizzly bears.

That be cool. Just everytime I think of "Western" I think of cowboys and deserts. Need to get out of that mentality :P

5 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I wonder what kinda ferocious animals we get to skin this time if western....horses?

edit: I guess there are buffalos and bulls too...

Red Dead had cougars, bears, wolves, rattlesnakes, and more. And El Chupanibre! I_Second_That_Emotion.jpg

Or was it Chupacabra? :P

2 hours ago, soniq said:

Isn't it more likely that Ubisoft is working on a new open world Call of Juarez than an Old West Farcry? Or maybe it's something like Call of Juarez: Farcry, who knows?

I would welcome a new Call of Juarez game period. As long as it is more like Bound in Blood and not the Cartel.

I'll probably give it a go. Quite enjoyed Far Cry Primal .... although if it follows the general trend of Ubisoft games, it'll drop in price quickly like a ton of bricks (ie. see watchdogs 2).

There's also Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out this year I think. 

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I would welcome a new Call of Juarez game period. As long as it is more like Bound in Blood and not the Cartel.

It's not unlikely. I think Techland, the studio behind all previous Call of Juarez games, haven't announced anything since Dying Light.

Only a month until E3 when everything (that hasn't leaked by then) will be revealed. :D

I've contemplated getting into the FC franchise for yrs. I recently purchased FC4 2 months ago. But playing Primal and FC4 will probably have me feeling weird when anticipating or even playing (a) FC5 (since I'd have skipped out on 1, 2, 3).

6 hours ago, Jak said:

I've contemplated getting into the FC franchise for yrs. I recently purchased FC4 2 months ago. But playing Primal and FC4 will probably have me feeling weird when anticipating or even playing (a) FC5 (since I'd have skipped out on 1, 2, 3).

3 seems to be the most popular, and I think deservedly so even if it has some story issues. I struggled to get into FC4. Another one worth trying is Blood Dragon, if you're into futuristic settings.

18 hours ago, Galactic Balls said:

mmm western far cry, fps red dead.

possibly outer space would be cool

Outer space would be cool, kinda like Blood Dragon, maybe not so over the top. But it is nice seeing how Ubisoft wants to change the enviroments the game is set in. Maybe some day we'll get a tundra FC?

11 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Gunslinger! Only CoJ game I've played, but I loved every minute of it.

6 hours ago, Jak said:

There isn't a linear story between games, so you can pretty much play them in any order you want, or skip the ones you don't want to play.

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

Can't we just get Blood Dragon 2 already? That game was the best in the series by far. The quirky environment and over the top comedy was a match made in heaven.

I agree, the first one was a lot of fun and everything about it was positive in my opinion. Would love to return to that setting again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart Pot said:

I agree, the first one was a lot of fun and everything about it was positive in my opinion. Would love to return to that setting again.

Especially with the cliffhanger it ended on!