[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

So who has thoughts on what they will play next month? I'm thinking Rime or Bound would apply. Or anyone have an award winning game they think we should check out?

An award winning game would be Inside. It has no plat though and thus would only grant a gold rating.

Both Uncharted 2 and 3 won awards for best grapics as well.

Other games include: Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Crysis, God of War 3,

Maybe that helps somebody to find a game for next month.

• Like 1

Not much else to add for end month stats.  Completed Dear Esther 100% in addition to Quest of Dungeons and Murdered: Soul Suspect that I addressed earlier so I'll close with stats.

Overall, just the one title (Murdered:Soul Suspect) for the theme with a hardcore challenge.

February

Plats achieved: 2

100% games: 1

Completion rate: +0.36%

Stats

Platinums: 109 (+6 for event)

100% games: 46 (+2 for event)

Completion rate: 80.50% (+1.55% for event)

We'll see how this month goes with KYC6 and a lot of work.

March's theme: What A View - Game must feature a wonderfully artistic view.

Gorgeous, sweeping landscapes and unique art are major features this month. There's a lot to experience out there - don't be afraid to jump in!

(ex: Rime, Bound, Firewatch, Journey...)

Hardcore requirement: Game must have won an award for it's art/graphics. (ex: Uncharted 3, Okami, Monument Valley, etc)

Now accepting entries for March; will continue taking updates for February for a day or two. Please update with any last-minute info soon. :)

New challenge added! Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:30 PM, AS_CHAOTIC said:

So if what a view wins, I think I might finish uncharted 3, which won the best graphics at the 2011 spike game awards, but because its the ps4 version would it count?

Haven't heard back from Abbey on her opinion, but I'll say different releases of a qualifying game counts.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, ExHaseo said:

Looks like I'll have to use a skip for the month. Unless finishing the Catwoman's Revenge DLC counts. Nothing else I've done this month has had enough of a revenge plot for it to count.

Haven't heard back here either, but I can't remember a case of the DLC counting... I'd still call this pending until I hear back, but I think it's a no. :hmm:

On 2/26/2018 at 6:21 PM, Dessane said:

Thanks :) it wasn't to hard a platinum just a long one! also do the challenges also get blue stars for doing extra plats for them over the year? if so I should have a star for the hardcore requirement and the different event challenge :) 

Hope you didn't find it too grindy by the end?

Sorry, I'm not quite grasping your question. Challenges get a gold star for anything qualifying (gold/plat) done during that month. If you're short, just let me know and I'll fix it.  :)

22 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

February for me saw a couple plats, the main one counting towards the theme would be Need For Speed: Payback.

I also got the platinum for Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts which both have revenge elements for their stories but I think the theme specified that it was revenge towards someone they were close to so not sure they count.

:DLooking forward to seeing what everyone is playing next month.

Impressive, got you down for three. Looks like you're trying to wrap up Day of the Tentacle for a fourth - good luck!

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I really, really wish I can do Ni No Kuni 2 as my game, but Easter holiday is at the end of the month, and I won't be able to do that. Anyway, is it possible to choose a 100% for next month? There's a few that don't have a plat, like Flower, Journey, and Child of Light.

Certainly, non-plat games can get you a silver or gold rank.

4 hours ago, BrutalLooter said:

Hi guys, i popped the plat for Bioshock: Infinite, which has a revenge story and it is the part of the main storyline.

Nice work, got you updated.

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Not much else to add for end month stats.  Completed Dear Esther 100% in addition to Quest of Dungeons and Murdered: Soul Suspect that I addressed earlier so I'll close with stats.

Overall, just the one title (Murdered:Soul Suspect) for the theme with a hardcore challenge.

-snip-

We'll see how this month goes with KYC6 and a lot of work.

Nice set of games you've gotten done this month.

Stats updated. KYC... probably tank your completion a bit, but I bet you'll do just fine.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Haven't heard back from Abbey on her opinion, but I'll say different releases of a qualifying game counts.

I think she said somewhere in the thread that remakes of award winning games count.

Let me see if I can find the post,

On 11.2.2018 at 1:09 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yes, I would count it as it is still the same game as it was before due to, most of the time, the developers only add in some new DLC or tweak the graphics to make it perform/look better, which enhances the awards it won in the first place.

Found it. It's on page 46.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Sad little set of examples for the month is up. It's oddly difficult to try and find award winners versus looking to see if something is one.  :blink:

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I think she said somewhere in the thread that remakes of award winning games count.

Let me see if I can find the post,

Found it. It's on page 46.

Much appreciated; I pretty much missed everything from mid November to a few days before my other post. Haven't really had a chance to catch up.  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, PermaFox said:

Guess I'll see what is "artsy" in my backlog.  

Could always post what you have and see if anyone has suggestions that interest you?

10 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

alright thanks for your help @SyIaris @MarkusT1992. ill probably play Rime first anyway, then uncharted 3.

I have a feeling Rime's going to be very popular this month.  :P

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Hope you didn't find it too grindy by the end?

Sorry, I'm not quite grasping your question. Challenges get a gold star for anything qualifying (gold/plat) done during that month. If you're short, just let me know and I'll fix it.  :)

I was definitely done with the grind by the end haha! Yeah im short a star on the hardcore challenge and the other event challenge, both of which have the fallout plat already :) AC Origins fits for both 

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

Does the retro game need to fit the theme for that month? Because if not I got the Arcade Game Series: PAC Man plat at the beginning of the month :).

As I already wrote on the last page: Games for the challenges must fit the month's theme to count.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:16 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I really, really wish I can do Ni No Kuni 2 as my game

Does Ni No Kuni 2 qualify for hardcore req? If so, I might do that for the game for March, but since it comes out in mid-month, I might not get the chance to plat it before the end of the month.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot that it's not even out yet, so it couldn't have won any awards. xD

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Not sure for the March theme, but I will probably be downloading Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for the April theme since it looks like the theme is set. It fits the winning theme since Shantae is saving Scuttle Town from her archnemesis. AGAIN. xD

OTHO, does it matter when in the month I have to plat the March theme game? I was thinking of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, so it looks freakin' gorgeous. I don't think it'll meet the Hardcore req, but it's got great art.

PS: I saw the themes for later months and I hope August gets the Farmer Joe theme. It would be a great excuse to work on and plat one of the Harvest Moon games or Stardew Valley, which I thought about playing. :D

Edited by CJ_Mystery

6 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Does Ni No Kuni 2 qualify for hardcore req? If so, I might do that for the game for March, but since it comes out in mid-month, I might not get the chance to plat it before the end of the month.

I wonder? It's a bit too early to know if it's as good as the first one.

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I wonder1f914.png It's a bit too early to know if it's as good as the first one.

You want to know how good the first one is? Here's a joke that two characters get around to. I just paraphrased the dialogue since they go into a long crazy skit to get to the punch line:

C1: "Excuse me, is this a weapon shop?"

C2: "Sure, this is a weapon shop. What canna I do for ye?"

C1: "I'm looking for a weapon."

C2: "You'd be daft to be looking for anything else here! Whatcha looking for?"

C1: "I dunno... how about one of those big choppy weapons, honed to a edge?"

C2: "....I'm afraid I cannae help ye."

C1: "WHAT?! Why not?!"

C2: "That's just too big of an ax to grind!" *rimshot*

My favorite part of the first game. xD

Edited by CJ_Mystery
Cat on the keyboard

Update: Never got to finish or plat Tales of Berseria, so I'm going to use Rime for my February skip 1Sede020.png

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: - (no change)

Completion: +0.41%

I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter. Hoping to play a bit more this month.

16 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

OTHO, does it matter when in the month I have to plat the March theme game? I was thinking of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, so it looks freakin' gorgeous. I don't think it'll meet the Hardcore req, but it's got great art.

I just checked and the only award EGttR won is for its music and performence of the voice actor.