[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@RizzleAbbey12 On Journey, you just need to be patient to meet another companion, or try to meet up with another player on a level.  It definitely wouldn't be in the class of "run through the game fast to get a trophy" !  ?  I actually play it to just relax, beautiful music, and the chance of meeting someone new.  Right now I'm working on Fez for the March theme, and then maybe Rime!  

Edited by PermaFox

6 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread much. I think I may have signed up but cant keep up with all the events I entered. Unless @PermaFox can explain how the scoring on this thing works to me I'll probably just focus on the other events Im in. :blink::facepalm:

You could keep working on Journey for the Artistic March theme.  You have a Plus membership, right?  Did you add get Rime when it came up on Plus last month?  That game would qualify for the March Theme.  Fez would definitely qualify for this month!!

Edited by PermaFox

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

You could keep working on Journey for the Artistic March theme.  You have a Plus membership, right?  Did you add get Rime when it came up on Plus last month?  That game would qualify for the March Theme.

Yeah Im a plus member. Rime was actually one of the next on the list after Journey. I think its in my Spring Backlog challenge list as well.

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I would go about classifying story completion by saying that when you have completed a long-term goal that you had planned / set out to do and that is also in an open game without a story, would be acceptable. Another example of this would be Stardew Valley. This doesn't have a set story, but you could define your own story in many ways such as, getting married / having children, or (SPOILER FOR STARDEW VALLEY!)

Reveal hidden contents

restoring the Community Centre.

So, as you have explained your goal for Elite: Dangerous, I have counted that for this month! So well done on getting a grade for this month! :) That art work for Elite: Dangerous is great by the way!

Coolio!

I'd say with Stardew Valley, there's a different cutoff but I won't mention it because I don't remember if you've played through the game before.

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

How's your progress going in Kingdom Hearts by the way? I'm playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix now and I'm loving it! I've nearly finished the game and I can't wait to change my Keyblade as I need more damage haha!

Today's the last day I play Re:Chain of Memories for Kill Your Completion and Birth by Sleep is coming along well. Will probably switch back to Birth by Sleep later this month and try to get a couple more trophies on it, but I want to start World of Final Fantasy since that game is really cool. ;)

And yes, I know Unchanging Armor is going to be a b---- and a half to complete which is why I will only do it on Beginner mode.

On 5/10/2017 at 0:02 PM, MonthlyMadnessTC said:

Participants are free to choose 2 monthly themes to skip whenever they like to. In those months ranks can also be awarded by completing games that don't fit the theme of that month, but will be marked accordingly. This should be used if a participant has no games in their backlog that fit the theme of a month. Ranks unlocked by using a skip won't count towards challenges or stars.

What does this mean? I ask because so far in March, I have completed 100% both Rime and Journey. But March is a skip month for me.

10 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

What does this mean? I ask because so far in March, I have completed 100% both Rime and Journey. But March is a skip month for me.

No reason you need to use a skip if you've got games that qualify.

Heck, you can use a skip (get silver rank or higher in a game that doesn't count), wind up beating something that does, and get it back.

It's just a couple free passes for months you don't want/have a game for that theme.

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

No reason you need to use a skip if you've got games that qualify.

Heck, you can use a skip (get silver rank or higher in a game that doesn't count), wind up beating something that does, and get it back.

It's just a couple free passes for months you don't want/have a game for that theme.

Ok cool. Yeah I think at the time I wanted to use the skip for March, I didn't have a game that fit. But if y'all would be willing to take back my March skip, then Rime and Jounrey fit the theme, and both are 100%...and I'll just consider March complete, and prep for April.

Just now, ShogunCroCop said:

Ok cool. Yeah I think at the time I wanted to use the skip for March, I didn't have a game that fit. But if y'all would be willing to take back my March skip, then Rime and Jounrey fit the theme, and both are 100%...and I'll just consider March complete, and prep for April.

Did that when I replied to your post earlier, so you should be all set.  :)

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12
I noticed an update but it didn't include my FFXII platinum. Just want to make sure it doesn't get forgotten completely!
Qualifies for the minor theme (had several nominations for graphics/visuals but never actually won those specific awards... d'oh!) and also towards the other event challenge as I'm participating in the Final Fantasy project platinum.
Could I also get some of my icons switched up? If possible I'd like FFXII to replace the current March icon, and the one that's currently being used for March (Dear Esther) to replace the one that's currently showing for the HC Requirement. Just want some variance :) 

Edited by eigen-space

Sorry for the late update.

But I had some things come up and I thought it would be a good idea and try to platinum DA:I - taking revenge on Corypheus. I was able to finish the story - I just need to go bak and do the nightmare run. I tried playing Ride to Hell but that game just drained the life from me. It was so bad and boring. Plus I spent almost an hour at the stupid shooting range.

I really like this months theme! I will be more motivated to go back to AC Origins after losing a 25 hours save due to the extra sea quest.

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12
I noticed an update but it didn't include my FFXII platinum. Just want to make sure it doesn't get forgotten completely!
Qualifies for the minor theme (had several nominations for graphics/visuals but never actually won those specific awards... d'oh!) and also towards the other event challenge as I'm participating in the Final Fantasy project platinum.
Could I also get some of my icons switched up? If possible I'd like FFXII to replace the current March icon, and the one that's currently being used for March (Dear Esther) to replace the one that's currently showing for the HC Requirement. Just want some variance :) 

If a game was only nominated for an award it won't count for the hardcore requirement. It clearly says the game must have won an award and not the game must have been nominated for an award.

19 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

If a game was only nominated for an award it won't count for the hardcore requirement. It clearly says the game must have won an award and not the game must have been nominated for an award.

Never said it qualified for the HC requirement. Specifically said minor theme (which is to play a game with a "wonderfully artistic view"-- something that nominations for art and graphics support) and other PSN event challenge. 

53 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Never said it qualified for the HC requirement. Specifically said minor theme (which is to play a game with a "wonderfully artistic view"-- something that nominations for art and graphics support) and other PSN event challenge. 

We only have one theme per month after the vote is over. So I thought with minor theme you ment the hardcore one.

My bad for the confusion.

Dammit - sorry about not updating in so long. 

I'm going to throw a hail mary with Until Dawn. Without spoiling anything, at a couple of locations, a boyfriend/girlfriend betrays a lover (or ex-lover). Of course, this depends on decisions made, but you can be sure that I made the decision to betray everyone to save my skin. xD

As far as March goes, I think I'm in like flint. I already platted The Little Acre, with its delightful animated graphics, and still have Sundered on the way (I hate that game, but it certainly is gorgeous to look at). 

My current numbers (as of march 7th, 2018):

PLATS: 267

COMPLETED GAMES: 338

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE: 80.99%

TOTAL TROPHIES: 14852

Edited by starcrunch061

21 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +2

100% completed: +3

Completion: +0.58%

Updated, nice work. I see you turned that negative % around, too.

19 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12

Thanks for bringing it up - there's a good chance it would have been missed otherwise.  :facepalm:

Does it look correct now? Gotta say, that's an adorable plat icon.

17 hours ago, Dessane said:

Hey guys :) Just a fix up I've only got a bronze trophy next to march but I have got the plat for Rime so that should knock off this month :) 

Sorry about that, should be updated now.

16 hours ago, scarishbal said:

Sorry for the late update.

But I had some things come up and I thought it would be a good idea and try to platinum DA:I - taking revenge on Corypheus. I was able to finish the story - I just need to go bak and do the nightmare run. I tried playing Ride to Hell but that game just drained the life from me. It was so bad and boring. Plus I spent almost an hour at the stupid shooting range.

I really like this months theme! I will be more motivated to go back to AC Origins after losing a 25 hours save due to the extra sea quest.

I feel like you should have my avatar instead.  :P

Nice username.

Have you down for February now - hope you liked Dragon Age, though I'm sorry your second choice was so painful. Good luck with March!

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Dammit - sorry about not updating in so long. 

I'm going to throw a hail mary with Until Dawn. Without spoiling anything, at a couple of locations, a boyfriend/girlfriend betrays a lover (or ex-lover). Of course, this depends on decisions made, but you can be sure that I made the decision to betray everyone to save my skin. xD

As far as March goes, I think I'm in like flint. I already platted The Little Acre, with its delightful animated graphics, and still have Sundered on the way (I hate that game, but it certainly is gorgeous to look at). 

My current numbers (as of march 7th, 2018):

PLATS: 267

COMPLETED GAMES: 338

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE: 80.99%

TOTAL TROPHIES: 14852

From +2 to +17... yeah, I'm guessing it's been a while. No worries, though.

Got you updated.

• Like 2