[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@Lorajet  Updated.

22 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SyIaris, looks perfect! Thanks so much for fixing it!

The weird thing is... I can't figure out which character that is in the FFXII plat image ?

You're welcome, glad it looks right now.  :)

I thought it was Penelo, then I saw your message and it didn't look like her after all, so... same boat there.

• Like 1

March Update

Game Completed:  Okami HD

Challenges Completed:

• Hardcore Requirement - Best Artistic Graphics 2006 (GameSpot awards)
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago - First trophy 5th September 2016
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 5:19 PM, Mesopithecus said:

March Update

Game Completed:  Okami HD

Challenges Completed:

• Hardcore Requirement - Best Artistic Graphics 2006 (GameSpot awards)
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago - First trophy 5th September 2016

Updated, sorry I was a bit slow on that.

Nice work! How hard was it? I've had it sitting on my profile unfinished for a while now.

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Updated, sorry I was a bit slow on that.

Nice work! How hard was it? I've had it sitting on my profile unfinished for a while now.

No worries :)  

It wasn't all that hard, there are a couple of more frustrating bits but guides help a lot.  I would definitely recommend it 

7 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SyIaris, @RizzleAbbey12-- is there any way to change my vote for April's challenge? I don't think it'll matter much (the bad guys look like they're too far behind at this point), but I was just eyeballing The Witch and the Hundred Knight in my backlog and realized it would fit perfectly for next month if the bad dudes win xD 

Sure can. Might be better if you mention it again towards the end of the month, since it's a little random who ends up updating, but it wouldn't be the first time.  :)

6 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

No worries :)  

It wasn't all that hard, there are a couple of more frustrating bits but guides help a lot.  I would definitely recommend it 

Thanks, and I hope you had fun with the non-frustrating bits!

May have to give it a go once I finish up with the buggy mess that is Batman.

56 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I feel bad that I am going to cancel my PS Now subscription on April because LEGO Batman 2 would definitely fit April's theme and the Hardcore requirement(if the theme is saving the day).

Don't feel bad, there have to be tons of games that fit the hero side - seems like that's the theme of many story-heavy games in the first place!

I'm going to be cheap and try to platinum inFamous next month. Fits both.  :lol:

Mass Effect has Paragon vs Renegade too, and there's probably a few more like those that just aren't jumping to mind.

@SyIaris  

March Stats:

Journey  2757.pngMarch Requirement 2757.pngHard Core Complete a game you started over a year ago

Never Alone/Foxtales  2757.pngMarch Requirement  2757.pngPart of another event  All DLC

I think I might be missing some gold stars or something for my March stats on page 1?  Just wondering.  Thanks!

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@SyIaris  

March Stats:

Journey  2757.pngMarch Requirement 2757.pngHard Core 2757.pngComplete a game you started over a year ago

Never Alone/Foxtales  2757.pngMarch Requirement  2757.pngPart of another event  2757.pngAll DLC

I think I might be missing some gold stars or something for my March stats on page 1?  Just wondering.  Thanks!

Hey PermaFox, sorry about the mistake with your stats! That's my fault as I didn't count that you had done two games for this month even though I had done it for the challenges. Don't ask me why I did that, as I don't even know ?. Anyway, I've fixed that for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey PermaFox, sorry about the mistake with your stats! That's my fault as I didn't count that you had done two games for this month even though I had done it for the challenges. Don't ask me why I did that, as I don't even know 1f602.png. Anyway, I've fixed that for you.

Thank you!  I had to read the instructions again to be sure I wasn't losing my mind!  Since it is so early in the month, I try FEZ for this month's theme.  

Picked up the plat for Nier: Automata last night and I think it would fit this months theme, the game is just beautiful. If you like hack and slash style fighting I would reccomend Nier it has this awesome way of going from 3d fighting to 2d into an arcade shooter bullet-hell so quickly. A really unique game and lots of fun

@MarkusT1992  I guess it came in 7th.  Wonder if that counts? :P

Accolades[edit]

Year Award Category Result Ref
2017 Golden Joystick Awards Best Audio Nominated [39]
Global Game Awards 2017 Best Indie 7th Place [40]
2018 D.I.C.E. Awards Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition Nominated [41]
National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards Original Dramatic Score, New IP Pending [42]

23 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Update:

RiME :platinum:

• Theme
  • Part of another event
  • Hard Core Requirement - Indie game award

Plats: 15

100% Games: 12

Completion: 31.31%

Well, I thought it had won a first place award.  Guess 7th doesn't count! :awesome:

Woo, went back to an old game on my list and finally beat Arkham Origins, which counts for - absolutely nothing! Just happy to have one less thing abandoned mid-story.

Wouldn't really suggest it, as I found it to be much worse than Asylum/City; very glitchy as well, with most predator rooms needing at least one restart because an NPC got stuck in a wall or box.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Dessane said:

Picked up the plat for Nier: Automata last night and I think it would fit this months theme, the game is just beautiful. If you like hack and slash style fighting I would reccomend Nier it has this awesome way of going from 3d fighting to 2d into an arcade shooter bullet-hell so quickly. A really unique game and lots of fun

Updated, sorry for the wait. Could've sworn I did yesterday.  :blink:

Honestly, the basic version of this month is fairly open/up to opinion anyway - I'm not going to be terribly picky, especially when the hardcore option very much is.

Glad you enjoyed it so much! Can't say I expected "bullet hell" in the description.

42 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Update:

RiME :platinum:

• Theme
  • Part of another event
  • Hard Core Requirement - Indie game award

Plats: 15

100% Games: 12

Completion: 31.31%

Updated.

And yeah, 7th place/nomination doesn't really work.  :P

I wouldn't think an "indie" award would count anyway, just because that seems like a more specialized "game of the year" thing instead of an art/visual award of any kind - but what do I know?

Nothing wrong with Rime, though. It's a handy one to use for a quick qualification this month.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SyIaris said:

Thanks! Took me long enough, it's one of the two games that came with my PS3.  :lol:

Any plans on what you'll get to next?

I think I'll work on Book of Unwritten Tales 2.  Don't know if that one qualifies for this month's theme. What are your plans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I think I'll work on Book of Unwritten Tales 2.  Don't know if that one qualifies for this month's theme. What are your plans?

Looks like it should for the basic theme. Not finding any awards other than this, so probably no hardcore there either. -_-

A friend wants to get back to Red Alert 3, might start Dear Esther or pick Okami back up for single player. Not really sure.

• Like 1

I 100% completed Horizon Zero Dawn for March, which I guess also counts towards the hardcore requirement, because it won the award for "Best Graphics" at IGN's Best of 2017 Awards. :)

Getting the plat was really a lot of fun and hopefully Aloy's journey will continue some day B) . Frozen Winds was very enjoyable as well, with just the right length, while New Game+ was actually quite the challenge - even with the Shield-Weaver armor and Aloy being at max level.

My stats pretty much stayed the same though:

Platinum trophies: +3
100% completed: -
Completion: -

• Like 1

Finished up Dear Esther on Steam, took slightly over three hours despite messing up on some of the collectibles. Only a gold/100%, but it counts for the hardcore challenge if anyone's looking for a game.

Very pretty, but the story's rather odd. I'd strongly advise a guide for the urns, since they're hard to see as is.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:07 PM, Jesaya815 said:

I 100% completed Horizon Zero Dawn for March, which I guess also counts towards the hardcore requirement, because it won the award for "Best Graphics" at IGN's Best of 2017 Awards. :)

Getting the plat was really a lot of fun and hopefully Aloy's journey will continue some day B) . Frozen Winds was very enjoyable as well, with just the right length, while New Game+ was actually quite the challenge - even with the Shield-Weaver armor and Aloy being at max level.

My stats pretty much stayed the same though:

Platinum trophies: +3
100% completed: -
Completion: -

Nice work! Impressive profile you have there, too.

Glad you enjoyed it; seems to be a great game.  :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Finished up Dear Esther on Steam, took slightly over three hours despite messing up on some of the collectibles. Only a gold/100%, but it counts for the hardcore challenge if anyone's looking for a game.

Very pretty, but the story's rather odd. I'd strongly advise a guide for the urns, since they're hard to see as is.

I felt that the story was rather sad...

Spoiler

Seemed like he had dementia plus was having a reality break due to the death of his wife...

Might have explained some things in the director's commentary, but I turn the sound and subtitles off for that piece haha

Edited by eigen-space