[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

54 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

However, after reading what @eigen-space have said some posts ago, and considering that I intend to surpass 13.000 trophies next weekend, maybe I can try Machinaruim (PS4) by end of this month...

You can go through Machinarium in about 2 hours if you follow a text guide, really won't take you long at all. Neat little game that and still very cute in a weird cyberpunk/alternative robot inspired world kind of way.

i would play Unfinished Swan and Journey but I've already finished them once, although I will have a look into trying to finish it on PS4.

I assume that Rime won't take a huge amount of time to finish?

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

If you look up a coupe posts, I made a list of shorter games that would fit :)

The only games possible would be Dear Esther or Child of Light. Have either finished the others or don't own them.

Wasn't Dear Esther the game that crashed at times? I'm not sure anymore which of the walking sims it was, but I'm pretty sure that I read about one with some problems in that regard.

4 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The only games possible would be Dear Esther or Child of Light. Have either finished the others or don't own them.

Wasn't Dear Esther the game that crashed at times? I'm not sure anymore which of the walking sims it was, but I'm pretty sure that I read about one with some problems in that regard.

I played Dear Esther on PS4 and didn't have any issues with it crashing. 

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I did a bit more research and found the game I ment. It was Ether One and has some problems with glitched trophies, not crashes.

I heard about people having issues with Ether One but I had no issues with it and enjoyed it a lot.  Wish I had held off a couple of weeks and done Dear Esther during this month for the hardcore instead of in February just for the enjoyment :S.

Edited by Kevvik

@RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris

I don't think I'm going to complete anything else this month for this event or otherwise. I might get a couple more trophies in the FFXV DLC which will raise my completion %, but that's about it.

We can use my current stats:

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 34

100% completed: 10

Completion: 86.25%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +7

100% completed: +5

Completion: +3.92%

One more thing... I'm missing a star in the Other PSNP Event. I should have the trophy icon and 4 stars as I've done 5 games toward other events:
Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge-- The Wolf Among Us, Three-Fourths Home, Danganronpa 1-2 Reload 
Final Fantasy Project Platinum-- Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII

Beat a couple things that probably don't count, started playing Portal Knights with a friend - seems pretty fun so far, made for a nice random buy.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:16 AM, fishy10101 said:

Good to see everyone's playing all these good looking games!

I got the plat for "Uncharted: Lost Legacy" which won "Best Graphics" in Game Informer's 2017 Action Game of the Year Awards so that covers the hardcore requirement.

I also got the plat for "RIME", I enjoyed the game overall definitely had a heavy theme to it which was interesting. This should also net me the challenge for completing a game that I would not have played anytime soon otherwise. The majority of PS+ games that don't grab me just sit in the library but I'm glad I gave this one a shot.

Just gotta figure out what to plat for next month, keep up the good work peeps.

Nice picks!

Yeah, PS+ can be nice for that - give something you wouldn't have touched a try and find out you enjoy it.  :)

On 3/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, I won't be able to count any more games for this month but I'll try to plat some games for next month's challenges as I have a few LEGO games on the way - as long as the current poll holds and good guys win, I can count LEGO Marvel Superheroes and LEGO Harry Potter. :)

Heck, that Lego game might count either way - isn't something like a quarter to a third of the playable roster supervillains?

On 3/24/2018 at 3:10 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished Color Guardians which should count for this month. It at least has something to do with art due to it's title and it looks somewhat good if not great. Also @SyIaris said she would count it.

If it counts it grants a star for the other event challenge as it is part of KYC 6.

I finished another game which might count for the theme.

I'm refering to What Remains of Edith Finch. I looked just for fun if this game won any awards. In fact I found one that, in my opinion, has something to do with graphics, namely the Lighting/Texturing award from the National Academy of Video Games Trade Reviewers Awards, where it won the award this year.

So if you are going to count it it again would grant a star for the other event challenge as it's also part of KYC 6.

Maybe I can complete a fourth game but I don't know what. Suggestions are welcome, preferable not to long ones.

Yep, got you down for it. :)

How was the game? Looked somewhat interesting when they gave it out.

That's an odd award, though it makes sense if you think on it a bit.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:34 AM, JoaoQuique said:

Wow, I really haven't posted anything here for a while... And when I have something to say, it's not so much... :P

Well, I'm another person who had finished Rime, granting me Platinum Grade for March, plus a Golden Star in "because of this event" challenge.

Since I do not intend to complete anything more for this month (a.k.a. I'm just waiting for April), I will also post my updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +10

100% completed: +4

Completion: +1,04%

However, after reading what @eigen-space have said some posts ago, and considering that I intend to surpass 13.000 trophies next weekend, maybe I can try Machinaruim (PS4) by end of this month...

I'm going to have to go through everything from this month just to see how many of us finished Rime.  :P

Thanks for the easy copy/paste!

Definitely an option.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

@RizzleAbbey12, @SyIaris

I don't think I'm going to complete anything else this month for this event or otherwise. I might get a couple more trophies in the FFXV DLC which will raise my completion %, but that's about it.

We can use my current stats:

Platinum trophies: 34

100% completed: 10

Completion: 86.25%

Platinum trophies: +7

100% completed: +5

Completion: +3.92%

One more thing... I'm missing a star in the Other PSNP Event. I should have the trophy icon and 4 stars as I've done 5 games toward other events:
Winter 2017/2018 Backlog Challenge-- The Wolf Among Us, Three-Fourths Home, Danganronpa 1-2 Reload 
Final Fantasy Project Platinum-- Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII

And thank you for the copy/paste stats as well!

Hey, five for the month isn't bad at all - I'd say you've done quite well.

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

• Like 1

Hey @RizzleAbbey12 I finished Borderlands 2 but I'm saving the last trophy for the Spring Fling! event (as my bonus game), so I wanted to ask you if I can add it to the marchs theme even so I have to plat it on Aprils 1st?

The game fits the theme since it was nominated in 2013 for Best Game Desing and Best Artistic Achivement 
?

19 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Which game do you mean?

Bah, sorry about that. It made a lot more sense before I merged the quotes.  :facepalm:

Meant Color Guardians. Looked like it could be pretty good.

5 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Hey @RizzleAbbey12 I finished Borderlands 2 but I'm saving the last trophy for the Spring Fling! event (as my bonus game), so I wanted to ask you if I can add it to the marchs theme even so I have to plat it on Aprils 1st?

The game fits the theme since it was nominated in 2013 for Best Game Desing and Best Artistic Achivement 
1f601.png

One short still counts! :)

Got you updated, theme + other event.

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Looks like the pool is getting to a horse race. The "bad guys have all the fun" option is making a surprise comeback.

Yep, can be pretty hard to guess which way it's going to go.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I gave two review in the KYC thread so I'll post the links to them here:

Thanks! I didn't join in this round and haven't really been watching the thread. Appreciate the links and well-written reviews.  :)

19 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Poll is a lot closer than I expected. Either way, I'll be doing DCUO for next month.

It's actually the other way around right now - @eigen-space wanted to change her vote from hero to baddie. Games that go either way are certainly handy for planning purposes.

21 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Thanks! I didn't join in this round and haven't really been watching the thread. Appreciate the links and well-written reviews.  :)

It's actually the other way around right now - @eigen-space wanted to change her vote from hero to baddie. Games that go either way are certainly handy for planning purposes.

Always a fun event for me to try new games. No clue when I would have started Color Guardians otherwise.

I totally forgot about that. Guess I need other games than the ones I had planned. Wanted to play Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman Season 2 and Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for next month.

26 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

I think I'm going to leave it at what I voted for. It seems that people who are actually participating in the event want the good guys and that people who aren't participating voted for the bad guys. Comparing the list of voters to the list of participants, it's 16-9 in favor of the good guys.

If me not changing my vote means that more people who are actually participating get what they want, that's what I'm gonna do. I have games that fit in both buckets, it's just that Witch and the Hundred Knight looked most fun to play next ?

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

I finished my 4th game for this month with Dear Esther.

Even though I enjoy walking simulators normally I did't really like this game. I can't really tell why I didn't like the game it just felt somwhat strange to walk around on the island.

Nontheless the game won an award for his visuell design and thus fits the theme plus hardcore.

In addition it's a game I wouldn't have played soon if not for the event. As I mention above it was the 4th game so it's also a star for that challenge.

I'd like to use this image for the 4 games in one month challenge.

SWG6dhv.png

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

That's such a neat idea! I think I'm going to make one of my own. Which photo stitcher did you use? The ones that I know about put watermarks on them.

I did it with Gimp. Just copied the images from this site and resized them to put them together in one image with the right size.

I could do it for you if you want and tell me which images you want to use.

Edited by MarkusT1992

unoriginal but unfortunately didn't have enough time to finish rise of the tomb raider, so I completed rime and got the platinum. thought its started a little slow but got very good towards the end. A very decent game from ps plus. if I have time I may try to finish rise of the tomb raider.

1Sede020.png

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: 54 (+6)

100% completed 21 (+0)

Completion: 60.79 (+2.72%)

I completed Uncharted The Lost Legacy this month which has won many awards for its graphics so it counts for this months regular and hardcore themes.

I hope the hero category wins this month because I have no idea what I could do for the villain one. 

Edited by Kent10201

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

I hope the hero category wins this month because I have no idea what I could do for the villain one. 

Don't worry, it looks like it'll win. I've already decided what to use for April's entry. I'm going to platinum LEGO Marvel Superheroes for April making April the month of LEGO for me since all of my entries in the Spring Fling are LEGO games. However, I won't be able to report on it early because I will probably be renting it from GameFly due to the fact that I wanted to play LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 but dropped the idea due to the huge price tag that game has and also due to it having DLC levels that will cost $30 for all of them, so no, that is not happening, not renting it either because I would have to submit to having a non 100% platinum and after the LEGO Dimensions debacle, that's out of the question, so I'll probably rent LEGO Marvel Superheroes from GameFly(going with the one-game a month plan since I have so much gaming to do that I won't have time to spend on two games at once) and just get that out of the way. I have a 20% off coupon for the PSN Store (for the Far Cry 5 trailer promo) but I am saving that for Ni no Kuni 2. :P

Edited by CJ_Mystery