[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

7 hours ago, SyIaris said:

That's good to hear; the first battle didn't exactly leave a good impression, what with the stupid twigs breaking in two hits. I'll have to get back to it sometime when I have a break from events. Thanks!

... Well, not to spoil too much but I already found a sword before ever encountering an enemy... But yeah later on the fights go much easier, once you have the decent weapons.

This is pretty early on in the game, before I even obtained the Champion's Tunic:

gmTDUhN.jpg

I don't have medium to late game pictures like this but trust me when I say that the weapons will only get better and better. Even though Horizon Zero Dawn amazed me much more story-wise (seriously, anyone who hasn't tried it yet really should) and it has enemies that appeal more to me, I loved Zelda much more regarding gameplay and exploration. It probably has to do with being able to climb everywhere and anywhere in Zelda, having much more puzzles, and having a much larger map - playing the main story in Zelda will only show you about one fourth of the map, while HZD shows you about two thirds, and there's not much of interest in the parts of the HZD map you missed (I know, I checked), just more of the scenery you've already seen elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I love HZD, just for almost completely different reasons.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Finally posting a suggestion for June's theme (I think it's a good one):

- Games where you can play as a group/party/team

(examples: plenty of JRPGs, GTA V, Broforce, Rayman Origins/Legends, etc.)

Hardcore requirement: games where you can face an opponent group similar than yours

(examples: any football game [both American and European... :lol:], any game with team-based multiplayer, Pokémon, fighting games with "tag systems", etc.)

Nice move, @SyIaris and @RizzleAbbey12 - I hope I can help you the best way possible (I still don't know how...).

This is a brilliant suggestion!^_^ It could work well with the co-op games that have been given with PS+ over the past couple of months. I've noted it down for you!

So I just wanted some opinions on my game for May theme. I'm thinking about using WATCH_DOGS for the Earth theme and here's my reasons. The location is Chicago which has a variety of different settings within it such as parks, dirt roads, docks and city centres which is the Earth. Another one could be that you have to hack your way around the game which changes the city around you. Their may be others but those are all I could think of for now haha:giggle:

Anyway, I just wanted to run it by you just to see if it was okay. If not I'll use a skip because I'm in way to deep with WATCH_DOGS 2 to play anything else. Mind you, I might play Harvest Moon. Oh gosh I can never make up my mind^_^

34 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

So I just wanted some opinions on my game for May theme. I'm thinking about using WATCH_DOGS for the Earth theme and here's my reasons. The location is Chicago which has a variety of different settings within it such as parks, dirt roads, docks and city centres which is the Earth. Another one could be that you have to hack your way around the game which changes the city around you. Their may be others but those are all I could think of for now haha:giggle:

Anyway, I just wanted to run it by you just to see if it was okay. If not I'll use a skip because I'm in way to deep with WATCH_DOGS 2 to play anything else. Mind you, I might play Harvest Moon. Oh gosh I can never make up my mind^_^

Personally I'd say Watch_Dogs is not really viable for the Earth theme since it's mostly only the city; contrast GTA V which actually does have a lot of earth/dirt as its map... I'd sooner say Watch_Dogs 2 connects to the Earth theme but that's still iffy to me.

I see you started but never finished Shadow Of Mordor though, why not play along with Markus, then you can actually avenge each other for a trophy ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally I'd say Watch_Dogs is not really viable for the Earth theme since it's mostly only the city; contrast GTA V which actually does have a lot of earth/dirt as its map... I'd sooner say Watch_Dogs 2 connects to the Earth theme but that's still iffy to me.

I see you started but never finished Shadow Of Mordor though, why not play along with Markus, then you can actually avenge each other for a trophy ;)

Okay that's sounds cool and thanks for the response. I'll use WATCH_DOGS 2 then as I pretty into that at the minute and has a lot more earth in it. I may look into starting Shadow of Mordor again but I probably won't be able to finish it before June. I couldn't really get into it then but I suppose a fresh look on it may prove differently. ^_^

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Like Billy said Watch_Dogs could be to to little to count for earth. I can understand caves and underground settings for earth but not a few parks or dirt roads. If it is a offroad racing game then dirt roads would count for me.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I already got the trophy you mean, although the guid said they only appear on the second map. :dunno:

Sometimes the orks can overpower you really quick.

• Like 1

So just to remind everyone that the time for giving suggestions for June's theme is nearly over. For the participants who haven't suggested a theme for June but would like too, then you have until Monday 15th May so that's two days away. On the 15th all the suggestions will be entered into a tool such as Random.org which will reveal the four options that you can all vote for June's theme.

@MortalRikku, @Kent10201, @Fitzquaid, @ShogunCroCop, @blxckenigma, @Komrade_Konrad, @NekoSama87, @Psy-Tychist, @Pixel-DRAGON-, @Enma8910, @Kevvik, @cerafinn, @DrumKing294

If any of you have already given a suggestion, then I'm sorry as its probably gotten lost in the changing of threads.^_^

12 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay that's sounds cool and thanks for the response. I'll use WATCH_DOGS 2 then as I pretty into that at the minute and has a lot more earth in it. I may look into starting Shadow of Mordor again but I probably won't be able to finish it before June. I couldn't really get into it then but I suppose a fresh look on it may prove differently. ^_^

I actually meant that I'm not sure if WD2 counts either...

Okay, I thought about it and I think I have a good offer.

WD2 can count for the Earth theme, IF you do all six motocross races. Five are unlocked from the start, the sixth one is unlocked after you have obtained any medal in the other races.

Doing these will give you enough Earth themed stuff to do (they're all partially dirt races, five races are done with a dirtbike and one is done on a quad) to make it count for the theme. Otherwise, you might just hang out in SF or Sillicon Valley for the story missions and not see any dirt at all.

14 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I actually meant that I'm not sure if WD2 counts either...

Okay, I thought about it and I think I have a good offer.

WD2 can count for the Earth theme, IF you do all six motocross races. Five are unlocked from the start, the sixth one is unlocked after you have obtained any medal in the other races.

Doing these will give you enough Earth themed stuff to do (they're all partially dirt races, five races are done with a dirtbike and one is done on a quad) to make it count for the theme. Otherwise, you might just hang out in SF or Sillicon Valley for the story missions and not see any dirt at all.

Oh right, I must have misread it. 

Right okay, I think I may do that then. I didn't know about those races but to be fair I haven't actually done any story missions yet as I'm really enjoying the multiplayer.^_^ I think I'm going to start Harvest Moon tomorrow so I'll probably use that for it. 

Thanks for the help.^_^ 

41 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Oh right, I must have misread it. 

Right okay, I think I may do that then. I didn't know about those races but to be fair I haven't actually done any story missions yet as I'm really enjoying the multiplayer.^_^ I think I'm going to start Harvest Moon tomorrow so I'll probably use that for it. 

Thanks for the help.^_^ 

The motocross races aren't story missions, they're side missions. I believe they're available from the start even, right after doing the intro mission.

They're also actually quite fun, which is why I didn't mind setting a requirement like that if it would help adding it to the theme for you :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

So just to remind everyone that the time for giving suggestions for June's theme is nearly over. For the participants who haven't suggested a theme for June but would like too, then you have until Monday 15th May so that's two days away. On the 15th all the suggestions will be entered into a tool such as Random.org which will reveal the four options that you can all vote for June's theme.

@MortalRikku, @Kent10201, @Fitzquaid, @ShogunCroCop, @blxckenigma, @Komrade_Konrad, @NekoSama87, @Psy-Tychist, @Pixel-DRAGON-, @Enma8910, @Kevvik, @cerafinn, @DrumKing294

If any of you have already given a suggestion, then I'm sorry as its probably gotten lost in the changing of threads.^_^

I did give one...mine was the whole rebirth/resurrection theme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I did give one...mine was the whole rebirth/resurrection theme

Okay sorry about that, it must have gotten lost in the notes. I've noted that down for you now^_^

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

The motocross races aren't story missions, they're side missions. I believe they're available from the start even, right after doing the intro mission.

They're also actually quite fun, which is why I didn't mind setting a requirement like that if it would help adding it to the theme for you :)

Okay, I haven't started any of the story yet and I've been playing it for 3 days haha:P

I loved the races in the first game so I'm sure I'll love them in this one too. I think I'll jump on those later now as I quite want to see what their like.^_^

• Like 1

First of all, I apologize for not be as active in this thread as I would like to. I've been extremely busy with real life and the Trophy Hunting Olympics so this event fell into the background for a bit. However, I'll have the Uncharted 4 platinum by Tuesday which will count for both the regular and hardcore requirements for this month. I'll be looking to be more active in this event from now on, so look out for that :D.

I would like to second the idea of games that feature an undead being. If it happens to be chosen I'll finally be able to get Dark Souls 3 done. I've been wanting to finish it for a while but got invested in a couple of other games while playing through it. 

By the way, having a shared account to run the thread was a great idea. I want to thank @RizzleAbbey12 and @SyIaris for taking over the event because I've really enjoyed it so far. Best of luck to @xFalionx with whatever you do in the future :).

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

First of all, I apologize for not be as active in this thread as I would like to. I've been extremely busy with real life and the Trophy Hunting Olympics so this event feel into the background for a bit. However, I'll have the Uncharted 4 platinum by Tuesday which will count for both the regular and hardcore requirements for this month. I'll be looking to be more active in this event from now on, so look out for that :D.

I would like to second the idea of games that feature an undead being. If it happens to be chosen I'll finally be able to get Dark Souls 3 done. I've been wanting to finish it for a while but got invested in a couple of other games while playing through it. 

By the way, having a shared account to run the thread was a great idea. I want to thank @RizzleAbbey12 and @Sylaris for taking over the event because I've really enjoyed it so far. Best of luck to @xFalionx with whatever you do in the future :).

No need to apologise and it's nice to see that your enjoying all the different events^_^ Well done with nearly finishing Uncharted 4, I've got that in my backlog waiting to be played.:facepalm: Both Sylaris and I will look forward to seeing all the new updates from you.^_^

I've noted that down for you. I think that June's theme is going to be a tricky one to vote for because there's so many brilliant ideas for themes.:D

That's lovely to hear that your enjoying the event and thank you! :)

32 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Just to get that right. If a theme suggestion has two votes it gets two entries in the drawing, making it more likely to be one of the four themes being on for vote later. Am I right?

I don't think that was ever explained during the handover, actually...

Could go that way or stick the highest four in the poll/randomize any tied slots.  :dunno:

Getting the "On A Rail" trophy in Minecraft takes waaaaay too long. Hopefully that's the last of the super time consuming ones.

Is it just me, or is the suggested theme list missing suggestions and votes...?

On 5/10/2017 at 10:25 PM, BillyHorrible said:

-Zelda/Horizon snip-

Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks for all the information, I was super disappointed to fire the game up, all hyped... and then snap goes my entire inventory in the first fight. Whee. Exploring can be pretty distracting fun, too.

Horizon's definitely on my list, it looks pretty amazing too. Going to have to wait for a price drop or rental to get around to it, though - only picked up Zelda full price (no job) because I do not trust Nintendo's supply of anything.

7 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

First of all, I apologize for not be as active in this thread as I would like to. I've been extremely busy with real life and the Trophy Hunting Olympics so this event feel into the background for a bit. However, I'll have the Uncharted 4 platinum by Tuesday which will count for both the regular and hardcore requirements for this month. I'll be looking to be more active in this event from now on, so look out for that :D.

By the way, having a shared account to run the thread was a great idea. I want to thank @RizzleAbbey12 and @Sylaris for taking over the event because I've really enjoyed it so far. Best of luck to @xFalionx with whatever you do in the future :).

No worries, this is just supposed to be some extra incentive to clear out random games. Glad you're having fun with the olympics!

Congrats on Uncharted, too. Crushing seems like quite the pain.

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I'll vote for the El Cheapo game theme. Less than $10 is most of the games that I buy.

Noted. :)

Same here, that would easily be the majority of my PS games.

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks for all the information, I was super disappointed to fire the game up, all hyped... and then snap goes my entire inventory in the first fight. Whee. Exploring can be pretty distracting fun, too.

Horizon's definitely on my list, it looks pretty amazing too. Going to have to wait for a price drop or rental to get around to it, though - only picked up Zelda full price (no job) because I do not trust Nintendo's supply of anything.

It was the other way around for me with Zelda - yeah I got it day one, but even with all the hype I did not expect much since the only Zelda I loved were Ocarina and Link To The Past, ever later Zelda I played was good, but not amazing in my eyes. So I expected just a very decent game, and day one I even played an hour or so of Fast RMX before finally booting up Zelda... And I was amazed. I started calling it best game ever after 50 hours or so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Is it just me, or is the suggested theme list missing suggestions and votes...?

Yeah it was missing a few but I've looked and asked people and then noted it down on my Notes app so I think we are up to date with the players that have already suggested/voted in the previous thread.:)

Hi

Sorry I have been a bit quite. Had major delivery issues with my Little Nightmares game (which I have finally gotten and completed) so good.

Still working on the multiplayer trophies for TR which are such a drag as just need the levelling up one now :/

My theme for June would be  Games where you can play as a group/party/team

• Like 1

So I platted Tales From the Borderlands. I am not entirely sure it fits the Earth theme. I would say it does, since most of it takes place on a planet called Pandora, only because they have to make a deal for a Vault Key. This deal is crucial to them getting stuck on Pandora, and they also access an underground Atlas facility, as well as find themselves stranded in the desert.

I do not know if the rest of you will agree with this or not. If not, that's fine. I am still working on other games this month that fit the element.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Hi

Sorry I have been a bit quite. Had major delivery issues with my Little Nightmares game (which I have finally gotten and completed) so good.

Still working on the multiplayer trophies for TR which are such a drag as just need the levelling up one now :/

My theme for June would be  Games where you can play as a group/party/team

Hey:P

No need to apologise and oh gosh I hate it when that happens:facepalm: it's glad to hear you got it though:)

I understand about the grinding taking so long, I remember doing it on the Xbox One and there are hardly any players on it so the achievements were really tricky to get.

I've noted down your choice^_^

2 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So I platted Tales From the Borderlands. I am not entirely sure it fits the Earth theme. I would say it does, since most of it takes place on a planet called Pandora, only because they have to make a deal for a Vault Key. This deal is crucial to them getting stuck on Pandora, and they also access an underground Atlas facility, as well as find themselves stranded in the desert.

I do not know if the rest of you will agree with this or not. If not, that's fine. I am still working on other games this month that fit the element.

Congrats on your new platinum!:D How was the game?

Tales From the Borderlands is a pretty cool choice for the theme and you can have it for this month! I'd agree that it's definitely an earthy game because Pandora is just so baron and has a ton of wastelands in and around it. I've updated you now. 

What others games are you playing?^_^

• Like 2