[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

OK, clearing up my stats for June.

4 games completed:

Costume Quest - toxic river in the DLC, completed 100% after over 5 years

Risen 3 - lots of piratey stuff, lots of water, mini-game/quest of defeating sea monster by running your ship around and shooting it with your cannons, took me over a year to complete

Batman:The Enemy Within - climax of episode 1 was on a ship in the bay outside Gotham

Abzu - scuba diving almost the entire game, still pretty cool though

So, 4 games completed for the theme, 1 all DLC completed challenge, 2 games over 1 year to complete, 1 for hardcore challenge.  Overall, a pretty good month.

Stats:

Monthly

Plats: +2

100%: +2

Completion Rate: +1.40%

Event

Plats: 118 (+15 for event)

100% : 48 (+4 for event)

Completion Rate: 80.71% (+1.70% for event)

OK, its July now!  That means a new theme to work on and a new Kill Your Completion event to add a bunch of games to my profile.  Here we go!

Last update from June because I ended up with a couple more games since I last posted.

I finished Far Cry 3 as my main game which is already on the board but I alos finished Forma8 and Blue Reflection. BOth of those count for Toogie's camp event :) 

I'm thinking this month I will try to do Beyond Two Souls, but I've been saying I'll play that game for month so we will see.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:49 AM, XX_FTW said:

Hi, I will be submitting today. I’m literally right at the end of God of War and was falling asleep. Finishing it today.

I did finish God of War’s story for last month yesterday.

Been a long time since I've updated, because I've been abroad, and always have trouble logging on away from work. 

Water was the June topic? Well, I platted Horizon, which certainly has a decent share of water (swimming and whatnot), but it's fairly loose as a fulfillment. But that's what I'll put forth.

Sorry for the slow update, had a ncie string of migraines. I'll get to the updates (and replies) soon, hopefully, but a couple major things in the meantime:

-Haven't gotten any clarification on the theme. For the most basic, I'd say any game where you travel through multiple countries counts (FFXV seems to be heading there, for example); beyond that, need to consider a bit. Kind of hard to qualify without crossing straight over into the other theme that was outvoted.  :dunno:

-Abbey's busy again and is most likely quitting as a lead for the thread. If you guys are still interested in helping, I can give one or both of you access to the OP. @MarkusT1992 @Dessane

1 minute ago, SyIaris said:

Sorry for the slow update, had a ncie string of migraines. I'll get to the updates (and replies) soon, hopefully, but a couple major things in the meantime:

-Haven't gotten any clarification on the theme. For the most basic, I'd say any game where you travel through multiple countries counts (FFXV seems to be heading there, for example); beyond that, need to consider a bit. Kind of hard to qualify without crossing straight over into the other theme that was outvoted.  :dunno:

-Abbey's busy again and is most likely quitting as a lead for the thread. If you guys are still interested in helping, I can give one or both of you access to the OP. @MarkusT1992 @Dessane

In that case, Final Fantasy IX counts ^_^

Which is also a retro game :)

Yeah sure thing @SyIaris, happy to help out. Flick me a message with the deets

Also I was wondering if we reckon Kingdom Hearts would count for this month since it has a heap of different locations from around the world (London, Agrabah, Rome) but each is treated as a different world, bit of a stretch but wondering what we thought.

Edited by Dessane

On 7/1/2018 at 0:21 AM, eigen-space said:

If the requirement counts fictional universes, then I have my first (and probably only) plat for this month with Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. I personally thought that fictional universes counted which is why I voted for it.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:38 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I would like to know about the "real world" requirement as well. I plan on platting Gravity Rush 2 this month.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:10 AM, Yomako01 said:

For this month, would I be right in assuming that it means locations in the real world?

On 7/5/2018 at 9:59 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Also, one question about the backpacking theme: if the game doesn't take place on earth, but rather on a fictional locale with multiple locations, does that count?

Re: fictional universes - sorry, took some extra time to pin down reasonable requirements for that since Abbey was busy and just threw out real-world so there was a start.

If you travel through multiple countries (or worlds, as in the Kingdom Hearts example from Dessane), you're good.

Everyone should be updated.

@XX_FTW Thanks for the vote on Detroit! Stuck that in the list.

@PermaFox Oh dear, too much redoing the poll. Thanks for the correction!

@Lorajet Haven't used a skip since it doesn't seem like you finished anything. If you did on another platform I can add that, but there's no problem with missing a month. Enjoy the sun!

@xFalionx  Glad to see you again! I'm glad to hear things are doing better, though not that you're having financial trouble. I hope you fare better soon, and thanks for the fixed banner.

@Dessane I'll send it to you in a moment, didn't want to leave you dealing with my update backlog.  :)

@MarkusT1992  I wouldn't mind adding you just because you seem to hop on and answer questions so often. Up to you.

...I can't believe that many tags actually worked. It usually stops cooperating after two. :blink:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Glad to see you again! I'm glad to hear things are doing better, though not that you're having financial trouble. I hope you fare better soon, and thanks for the fixed banner.

Honestly, I've been in the same financial situation a lot longer than I've been a part of this community so it's not really something new. It's more that some of the circumstances around that situation have improved. It's just that recently more and more of my electronics have been dying of natural causes, after being used for years without being replaced. My most recent loss was the laser of my PS3, which died on me while I was in the middle of finishing up AC3. I then tried to tried to start AC4, just to experience the story before I'd never be able to within the next couple years but it wouldn't handle the cutscenes after the second sequence anymore. Repairing the laser would cost as much as just getting another used PS3, so now I'm down to digital games only. <_<

Anyways, seems like you and Abby are pretty busy as well, so good luck with that. :)

20 hours ago, SyIaris said:

@Dessane I'll send it to you in a moment, didn't want to leave you dealing with my update backlog.  :)

@MarkusT1992  I wouldn't mind adding you just because you seem to hop on and answer questions so often. Up to you.

...I can't believe that many tags actually worked. It usually stops cooperating after two. :blink:

I'm glad to help with this event. It's my favourite event on this site.

@SyIaris I have completed Syberia which sees you travel to the fictional places called Valadeline, Barrockstadt, Komkolzgrad and Aralbad. Further research has indicated that these places are in France and Russia. If you feel this is applicable to this months theme as im still a little unsure, it was also completed for Camp Wannalottaplat so its completes that challenge.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

@Dessane, I just read that Syberia was first released on PC in 2002, so that would fit the retro category as well. Sorry for not looking that up before you updated before :) 
Could I have my retro game icon switched out for Syberia? That way I can have different icons for all categories now :P 
13S5d37d2.png

Yup sure thing, I've added that and also did so for @AS_CHAOTIC since he hadn't finished the challenge before

• Like 2

Completed Alpha Protocol as my backpacking adventure which also fulfills the hard mode requirement because I did missions in Moscow, Taipei, Rome, an undisclosed location in the Middle East and a secret government facility most likely in America. I also started the game last year so it fits that bonus category. 

Also had a question about the bonus categories. Do they have to be filled by the games we play for the main theme or any game we play period? Just wondering for the future.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper