[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Got the plat for The Witcher 3 for this months theme and really enjoyed it, not 100% sure if travel between fictional countries counts or not though.

Might have to use the skip next month but I'll see how I go.

Was having a look under my stats for the year and there's a gap in May where Deus Ex should be and then Danganronpa should be the plat for June, all good if it's a pain in the ass to change just thought I'd ask.

@SyIaris I have a quick question. Am I allowed to use a game again if I only get a story completion in it?

For this month I won't finish a game but might get the story done for AC Brotherhood. If the bussines theme wins, AC Brotherhood would fit the theme again.

So I'm wondering if I can use it again. I don't think we had this situation already.

If I can only use a game once I'll stay at a bronze rank for this month.

I've updated you @fishy10101, I think that is all fixed now but let me know if it is still wrong.

As for my month I got two games I think fit the theme, First off I got Kingdom Hearts done as my 50th plat which fits the theme and the hardcore but also is a retro game since it originally released in 2002. My other game was God of War and that involved travelling to a number of places and worlds so I think that counts.

Not too sure on your question Markus so will wait to hear from Sy or Abbey but I would lean towards it being alright and giving you Silver since the rules don't say anything against it but will wait until we hear from @SyIaris

• Like 1

So I didn't finish Gravity Rush 2 like I wanted, which also means I didn't earn enough credits to pimp my room (internet functions are down). Oh well! So I'd like to use SAO: Lost Song. It has 4 places/islands - 1st/forest island, the desert island, the ice island, and the dark island. That's not what they're called, but I don't feel like looking up their names.

1S84e4ca.png

Will be back later for updates and such; I want to get some gaming in before it hits 100+ degrees again.

No other input on the money systems?

18 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@SyIaris I have a quick question. Am I allowed to use a game again if I only get a story completion in it?

For this month I won't finish a game but might get the story done for AC Brotherhood. If the bussines theme wins, AC Brotherhood would fit the theme again.

So I'm wondering if I can use it again. I don't think we had this situation already.

If I can only use a game once I'll stay at a bronze rank for this month.

Just to make sure I understand - story for July, plat for August?

I don't really see a problem with that unless it's a platinum rain kind of situation and you basically got it all the previous month (so how we've treated held plats before).

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

My only additional input is that perhaps money that's given as a reward for completing jobs/tasks should count. So like if you're asked to deliver 5 lizard brains for the requester's magic lizard soup in return for 500 money, it should count... but if you're just selling 5 lizard brains to some random NPC shopkeeper for 500 money, that shouldn't.

I don't think my question about the 5mil HC requirement was answered, though... do we need a trophy tied to that minimum amount, a screenshot proving we have 5mil, or is it going to be honor-system?

Personally still hoping for Farmer Joe ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dessane said:

Not too sure on your question Markus so will wait to hear from Sy or Abbey but I would lean towards it being alright and giving you Silver since the rules don't say anything against it but will wait until we hear from @SyIaris

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Just to make sure I understand - story for July, plat for August?

I don't really see a problem with that unless it's a platinum rain kind of situation and you basically got it all the previous month (so how we've treated held plats before).

That's right. I need to complete a few more main missions to be done with the story. After that I have around 15 trophies left, including replaying many missions for the 100%

I just hadn't that much time to complete the game due to KYC and other stuff.

Then I hope I can finish the story before the month is over.

And who knows, maybe the other theme will win. Then AC Brotherhood wouldn't count anyways.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

My only additional input is that perhaps money that's given as a reward for completing jobs/tasks should count. So like if you're asked to deliver 5 lizard brains for the requester's magic lizard soup in return for 500 money, it should count... but if you're just selling 5 lizard brains to some random NPC shopkeeper for 500 money, that shouldn't.

I don't think my question about the 5mil HC requirement was answered, though... do we need a trophy tied to that minimum amount, a screenshot proving we have 5mil, or is it going to be honor-system?

Personally still hoping for Farmer Joe ;)

Regarding the money system I would second that. A few more examples coud be GTA games. You can do jobs like taxi driving, firefighting and so on to earn money.

We could use every game you have to do some kind of task to earn money. Therefor I would exclude games where you only get money through fighting or selling your loot.

The hardcore is 1 million profit, not 5. I don't know any game that has a trophy for eaning that much besides maybe LEGO games. So I would say it should be reasonable achievable. For example games where you get an income every few minutes should count. We can asume that we would make the 1 milion sooner or later that way.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Currently swapped positions with farming in the lead, but it should be sometime tomorrow for the rollover, so we'll see.  :dunno:

@Edunstar84 - got your update in. Don't Starve is a bit of a challenging one, but it's a good game. Hope you enjoy it if you go for it!

@MarkusT1992 - pretty nice progress on the game either way. I'm rather jealous of your multiplayer-less list.  :P

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Jobs and such sounds reasonable, and theoretically throws some career/sports simulators in the ring as likely candidates to spread the genres more. But still does a n iffy job of excluding a bunch of RPGs, oh well.

Profit would be a bit tricky, would probably just come down to honesty. You guys have all been good about that anyway, got a pretty awesome group in here.

Small update: I completed F1 2017 - since this game features places over all continents (but Africa...), this one can grant me even the Hardcore Challenge!

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +18

100% completed: +9

Completion: +1,83%

12 hours ago, SyIaris said:

@MarkusT1992 - pretty nice progress on the game either way. I'm rather jealous of your multiplayer-less list.  :P

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Jobs and such sounds reasonable, and theoretically throws some career/sports simulators in the ring as likely candidates to spread the genres more. But still does a n iffy job of excluding a bunch of RPGs, oh well.

Profit would be a bit tricky, would probably just come down to honesty. You guys have all been good about that anyway, got a pretty awesome group in here.

Thanks, I finished the story now and am only waiting for the last story trophy to pop. Ubisoft credits are sooooo long. :rolleyes:

I got all achievements on the 360 version of that game with multiplayer. It's not that hard actually.

It seems that Brotherhood won't count next month and all this discussion about what could count were senseless.

Sorry, today was a bit hectic; I'll try to get the bigger post in tomorrow.

Tied right at the second, but it was farming when I peeked this morning and apparently farming when I should have posted 8-9 hours ago, so Farm/animals gets the win.

>Farmer Joe - Game must feature farming or animal raising. HCR: Must feature both farming and animal raising.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Question, the game we choose must be started at the beginning of the challenge? Can't be started before? Just wondering cause it says no cross saves.

It just excludes autopop cross saves; games like Sound Shapes where you fire it up and it's done. Otherwise...  :)

Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event.

1 minute ago, Dessane said:

@BrutalLooter,@cerafinn,@ExHaseo,@Fitzquaid,@Jesaya815,@Kent,@Kevvik, @Lorajet, @Mesopithecus, @Psy-Tychist

Hi friends, just a heads up you all don't have anything for July at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to put on your list?

I had been planning on dropping out, just because I have a lot of things going on and part of a few events, however I might as well see the year out.

Could I use Cosmic Star Heroine as my game?  You end up travelling to 3 different planets.  If not then maybe Demon Gaze which is a dungeon crawler and has you visiting many different dungeons across the area map.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I had been planning on dropping out, just because I have a lot of things going on and part of a few events, however I might as well see the year out.

Could I use Cosmic Star Heroine as my game?  You end up travelling to 3 different planets.  If not then maybe Demon Gaze which is a dungeon crawler and has you visiting many different dungeons across the area map.

Glad you're sticking around, Cosmic Star Heroine looks like a good fit to me so I'll put it down as your game for July.

• Like 1

Had a hard time finishing anything this month with doing Kill Your Completion. I platted Jak II and The Sexy Brutale early in the month but neither applies for the July theme.

The only thing I did that qualifies is finishing the story for Lego Marvel Avengers where you do missions all over the world so that would qualify for a silver this month (my first month without a plat, cries a little).

Stats:

Monthly

Plats: +2

100%: NC

Completion Rate: -1.79%

Event

Plats: 120 (+17 for event)

100% : 48 (+4 for event)

Completion Rate: 78.92% (-0.09% for event)

I started Harvest Moon last month so I just have to knuckle down and finish it this month so that I have a game for this month's theme.

Edited by Kevvik

I’ve been really struggling to game much lately. Whole evenings of time have been spent half-heartedly watching tv or dozing. That being said, I didn’t complete Jurassic World Evo as planned. I got through most of it but just didn’t boot it up to unlock the last island in the last two weeks or so. So I’ve got nothing.