[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

6 hours ago, Dessane said:

@BrutalLooter,@cerafinn,@ExHaseo,@Fitzquaid,@Jesaya815,@Kent,@Kevvik, @Lorajet, @Mesopithecus, @Psy-Tychist, @starcrunch061, @Uchiha_Snake__, @vin_rob, @XX_FTW 

Hi friends, just a heads up you all don't have anything for July at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to put on your list?

I currently have some networks problems at home so I'm not able to update my trophies, idk when I will solve this problem :/ I'll be probably out of the event until the issue is solved

8 hours ago, Dessane said:

@BrutalLooter,@cerafinn,@ExHaseo,@Fitzquaid,@Jesaya815,@Kent,@Kevvik, @Lorajet, @Mesopithecus, @Psy-Tychist, @starcrunch061, @Uchiha_Snake__, @vin_rob, @XX_FTW 

Hi friends, just a heads up you all don't have anything for July at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to put on your list?

Thanks for the reminder.  Guess I'll drop out - really haven't played anything this month that is backpacking, and don't have any games that will fit the theme for August.  And, I've already used up my 2 skips.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Anyone know which games they will be playing for this month's theme? Off the top of my head, I have 1 game that qualifies. 

Stardew Valley fits both challenges

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny TECHNICALLY fits both challenges but there is no trophy for making a large profit so not sure about that one...though you do raise "animals(tech. monsters but they work like animals in the game) and crops.

Harvest Moon Save the Homeland & A Wonderful Life Special Edition on Ps2 to Ps4 games (has trophies again doesnt really qualify for the "profit" challenge but does for the animal/crops)

edit: the challenge doesnt say there needs tobe a trophy for it? Maybe a screenshot of your total income earned in the game (can be seen in each game I believe...maybe not save the homeland its been awhile) but you for sure make profit in all the games. Would take awhile for 1Mil in Save the Homeland and A Wonderful Life though...

Edited by KawaiiSlowpoke

Getting to updates and such now.  :)

4 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I’ve been really struggling to game much lately. Whole evenings of time have been spent half-heartedly watching tv or dozing. That being said, I didn’t complete Jurassic World Evo as planned. I got through most of it but just didn’t boot it up to unlock the last island in the last two weeks or so. So I’ve got nothing.

No problem, sometimes gaming just gets pushed aside for a while. Doing okay?

4 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I currently have some networks problems at home so I'm not able to update my trophies, idk when I will solve this problem :/ I'll be probably out of the event until the issue is solved

Ouch, that's always frustrating. We can get you updated retroactively, it's just easier to keep it reasonably current.

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Thanks for the reminder.  Guess I'll drop out - really haven't played anything this month that is backpacking, and don't have any games that will fit the theme for August.  And, I've already used up my 2 skips.

I can move you to inactive if you'd like, but missing a month is no biggie. The "three months inactive" rule is mainly there so we don't keep spamming people that haven't posted in months and seem to have lost interest.

15 minutes ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Stardew Valley fits both challenges

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny TECHNICALLY fits both challenges but there is no trophy for making a large profit so not sure about that one...though you do raise "animals(tech. monsters but they work like animals in the game) and crops.

Harvest Moon Save the Homeland & A Wonderful Life Special Edition on Ps2 to Ps4 games (has trophies again doesnt really qualify for the "profit" challenge but does for the animal/crops)

edit: the challenge doesnt say there needs tobe a trophy for it? Maybe a screenshot of your total income earned in the game (can be seen in each game I believe...maybe not save the homeland its been awhile) but you for sure make profit in all the games. Would take awhile for 1Mil in Save the Homeland and A Wonderful Life though...

Yep, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory apply, but one catch - every month is a vote between the two options, and the farming one won this round. No profit system applies, just needs farming or animal raising.

Just let us know if you'd like to join, we'd be happy to have more. :)

• Like 1

Just now, SyIaris said:

I can move you to inactive if you'd like, but missing a month is no biggie. The "three months inactive" rule is mainly there so we don't keep spamming people that haven't posted in months and seem to have lost interest.

Please!!  I should be back on track in September!

• Like 1

Just now, SyIaris said:

Yep, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory apply, but one catch - every month is a vote between the two options, and the farming one won this round. No profit system applies, just needs farming or animal raising.

Ooooh awesome then!! I'll join with Rune Facotry ToD then for now! 

9 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

I guess I'll be using my skip for August.

11 hours ago, Dessane said:

The only game I platted for last month's theme is Deus Ex: Human Revolution where Adam Jensen travels around the world for different missions. During the story you have to visit Detroit, Hengsha, Montreal, Singapore, and a facility in the Arctic Ocean. :)

August's Theme: Farmer Joe

Game must feature farming/gardening or animal raising. HCR: Must feature both farming/gardening and animal raising.

Break out your hoe and shovel or get ready to herd some sheep! We're going back to our roots with some of the oldest professions out there; don't be afraid to take a quiet break from adventuring.

This may be a tough one for people - don't worry if you need to take a month off, and don't forget other platforms can count!

Examples: Minecraft, Portal Knights, Stardew Valley, Castaway Paradise, Don't Starve

Series examples: Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Digimon

*** lacking in "animal raising" games, still looking around. I'll also ask a friend for more farm games when she's on.

@KawaiiSlowpoke Added you, and thanks - your avatar's adorable!

@Kent Dessane and I agree that sounds reasonable, though do watch out for the "one trophy short" thing. Updated.

@Edunstar84 Doubt you'll be the only one. I was hoping for the other theme too.  :dunno:

@Jesaya815 Got you updated and down for DLC/hardcore challenges.

Everything should be up to date, but as always, let me know if I've missed something.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

@Kent Dessane and I agree that sounds reasonable, though do watch out for the "one trophy short" thing. Updated.

Thanks! :D What do you mean by one trophy short thing? I'm pretty sure I earned it in the month of July. :hmm: 

Edited by Kent
  • Like 1

Game Suggestions!

Earthlock (the new version) works for both and is on sale in the NA store right now. The old version (Earthlock: Festival of Magic) only works for gardening.

Atelier Rorona Plus works for gardening (the original does NOT).

Danganronpa 2 (or 1-2 Reload) works for raising animals.

Tales of Graces F has gardening.

Final Fantasy Type-0 has you breeding chocobos so would count for animal raising.

Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 might work since you level up and evolve familiars/higgledies (similar to Pokemon). World of Final Fantasy also has you leveling up familiars. Final Fantasy XIII-2 also has you using and leveling monsters. Would need @SyIaris to verify that something like this counts, though.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 4

With raising animals and farming, does it have to be conventional animals?  Ark: Survival Evolved has dinosaur taming and raising, plus you have to farm for a lot of materials and can create a greenhouse to grow crops.

I already have finished it, but throwing an idea out there for anyone looking for a game that might fit the theme

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kent said:

Thanks! :D What do you mean by one trophy short thing? I'm earned it in the month of July. :hmm:

You earned all but one trophy which usually looks like it was intentionally saved for an event or milestone. Not a problem, just mentioning it.

30 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Game Suggestions!

Earthlock (the new version) works for both and is on sale in the NA store right now. The old version (Earthlock: Festival of Magic) only works for gardening.

Atelier Rorona Plus works for gardening (the original does NOT).

Danganronpa 2 (or 1-2 Reload) works for raising animals.

Tales of Graces F has gardening.

Ni No Kuni 1 and 2 might work since you level up and evolve familiars/higgledies (similar to Pokemon). World of Final Fantasy also has you leveling up familiars. Final Fantasy XIII-2 also has you using and leveling monsters. Would need @SyIaris to verify that something like this counts, though.

Thanks! Added your list to the main post. Sounds like they should, but I don't have firsthand knowledge of any of them.

25 minutes ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Would P4G count since you have a garden in that game? LMAO now I'm just nit picking (not using this anyways but lol)

@SyIaris Thank you! I commissioned it on twitter ehe

If you tend to it in some way, sure. Doesn't have to be the main focus of a game or anything.

Looks like you picked a good artist!

20 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

With raising animals and farming, does it have to be conventional animals?  Ark: Survival Evolved has dinosaur taming and raising, plus you have to farm for a lot of materials and can create a greenhouse to grow crops.

I already have finished it, but throwing an idea out there for anyone looking for a game that might fit the theme

Definitely not, I threw out Digimon and Pokemon as examples.  :P

Sounds like a good suggestion, thanks!

Isn't that one shutting down, though? Or was it just a similar game...

Edited by SyIaris

Just now, SyIaris said:

Thanks! Added your list to the main post. Sounds like they should, but I don't have firsthand knowledge of any of them.

The only ones I wasn't sure about were the ones that you catch monsters and then level them up to use them in battle (Ni No Kuni, FFXIII-2, World of Final Fantasy). If you think something like Pokemon would count, then those work. I just don't know if you'd consider it "raising" an animal :P

Just now, eigen-space said:

The only ones I wasn't sure about were the ones that you catch monsters and then level them up to use them in battle (Ni No Kuni, FFXIII-2, World of Final Fantasy). If you think something like Pokemon would count, then those work. I just don't know if you'd consider it "raising" an animal :P

If this is the case I feel like Digimon (especially World) would count too.

4 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Sounds like a good suggestion, thanks!

Isn't that one shutting down, though? Or was it just a similar game...

Nope, it's not shutting down.  There's a single player mode too anyway, so perfect for those who want to play without diving into the online.

PM notifications are working again out of the blue. I think it's been nearly a year since they did, but I've gotten three today.  :blink:

3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Having bred dozens of babies, carefully levelled the genetic best of the lot to get the best stat bonuses before grinding to the level cap, and hunted down methods to get the best attacks on it for every postgame team in the last ten years... yeah, I'd consider Pokemon raising animals. And magnets. And sentient piles of trash. And...

@Mesopithecus Thanks for the correction! Looks like I got it mixed up with Evolve, which shuts down early September anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

You earned all but one trophy which usually looks like it was intentionally saved for an event or milestone. Not a problem, just mentioning it.

Oh I see. That trophy took two months of daily challenges to earn. xD Just a coincidence that it was earned the first day of the month, wasn't saving it for anything. 

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

Oh I see. That trophy took two months of daily challenges to earn. xD Just a coincidence that it was earned the first day of the month, wasn't saving it for anything. 

Yeah, it looked like one of those grindy pain in the neck types, which is why I updated it without questioning you first.  :P

Two months, though? Ouch... hopefully still fun and not just pushing to get through it?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

August's Theme: Farmer Joe

Game must feature farming/gardening or animal raising. HCR: Must feature both farming/gardening and animal raising.

Break out your hoe and shovel or get ready to herd some sheep! We're going back to our roots with some of the oldest professions out there; don't be afraid to take a quiet break from adventuring.

This may be a tough one for people - don't worry if you need to take a month off, and don't forget other platforms can count!

Examples: Minecraft, Portal Knights, Stardew Valley, Castaway Paradise, Don't Starve

Series examples: Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Digimon

*** lacking in "animal raising" games, still looking around. I'll also ask a friend for more farm games when she's on.

Everything should be up to date, but as always, let me know if I've missed something.

I wanted to ask if Digimon games would count so good you used it as an example.

Still I want to finish Brotherhood first this month. I guess I can't squeeze it in the theme though.

10 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yeah, it looked like one of those grindy pain in the neck types, which is why I updated it without questioning you first.  :P

Two months, though? Ouch... hopefully still fun and not just pushing to get through it?

Yep, two months of logging in every day for 30 minutes to an hour. It was great fun the entire time through. I'd definitely stack it if the servers weren't practically dead on PS3 and Vita. (The servers are still online just not many people play those versions.