[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I wanted to ask if Digimon games would count so good you used it as an example.

Still I want to finish Brotherhood first this month. I guess I can't squeeze it in the theme though.

Should be doable. Which one are you thinking?

I wanted to finish up Liberation for an easy entry this month. Sorry it didn't go the other way, but it seemed fairest to go with what was there earlier in the day.  :unsure:

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Yep, two months of logging in every day for 30 minutes to an hour. It was great fun the entire time through. I'd definitely stack it if the servers weren't practically dead on PS3 and Vita. (The servers are still online just not many people play those versions. 

Good to hear! Shame the servers are so quiet, though... imagine it going out the PS+ helped quite a bit on PS4 as well.

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Still trying to find a game for this month's theme that isn't too expensive ?

Do you have any other platforms? PC and Android/iOS would probably have quite a few cheap or free options, just for being the biggest market and the big "casual" pick.

Like... I doubt anyone wants to play it, but it's $5. There are certainly a lot more.

But like I said, not a problem if you don't find something interesting+cheap. This is a pretty relaxed event. :)

Ooh... someone play Plants vs Zombies. That's a fun one.

30 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Should be doable. Which one are you thinking?

I wanted to finish up Liberation for an easy entry this month. Sorry it didn't go the other way, but it seemed fairest to go with what was there earlier in the day.  :unsure:

Do you have any other platforms? PC and Android/iOS would probably have quite a few cheap or free options, just for being the biggest market and the big "casual" pick.

Like... I doubt anyone wants to play it, but it's $5. There are certainly a lot more.

But like I said, not a problem if you don't find something interesting+cheap. This is a pretty relaxed event. :)

I thought about Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth as it is also part of my Backlog Pyramide. I still have a Harvest Moon game I could play. With over 400 games in my backlog I have a game for almost every theme there could come.

No problem about the theme. The vote decided and I take whatever is winning. The majority has decided even though it was very close this time.

But I also wanted to use AC Revelations this month so I can deinstall the Ezio Collection, that has to wait now.

Funny that you found this game as an example. I actually played it for 0,7 hours according to Steam. I thought where have I seen that game before after clicking on the link.

12 minutes ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Final clarification: It's okay to join this even though I havent participated in the prior months/year? 

Certainly! If you go peek at the first post, you'll find yourself tucked in there since this morning. It's in alphabetical order.  :)

Game just doesn't get added until it qualifies for a rank - beating the story, for example.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I thought about Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth as it is also part of my Backlog Pyramide. I still have a Harvest Moon game I could play. With over 400 games in my backlog I have a game for almost every theme there could come.

No problem about the theme. The vote decided and I take whatever is winning. The majority has decided even though it was very close this time.

But I also wanted to use AC Revelations this month so I can deinstall the Ezio Collection, that has to wait now.

Funny that you found this game as an example. I actually played it for 0,7 hours according to Steam. I thought where have I seen that game before after clicking on the link.

Overlapping events can be pretty useful, but Harvest Moon's a solid choice as well. Similar here, it's why I don't usually vote unless we need a tiebreaker.

Conspiracy theory: people come in and even up the votes on purpose right at the end. It seems to be oddly common.

1.9 here. It must drop cards.  :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Overlapping events can be pretty useful, but Harvest Moon's a solid choice as well. Similar here, it's why I don't usually vote unless we need a tiebreaker.

Conspiracy theory: people come in and even up the votes on purpose right at the end. It seems to be oddly common.

1.9 here. It must drop cards.  :lol:

I normaly vote for the theme I would like to play and often enough it ends up winning. Also I don't want to look at the results before voting, so I vote early.

8 hours ago, SyIaris said:

No problem, sometimes gaming just gets pushed aside for a while. Doing okay?

Yeah, I’m okay. It’s really sweet of you to ask though and I appreciate it. I think I’m just in a bit of a gaming funk but I plan to solider on through this event because I’ve been enjoying it even if my gaming motivations are lacking. I think I’ll go after the rest of Farming Simulator for this month... which is literally just the challenge put into game form. ?. I can play it and have tv on in the background or something. I don’t have anything to offer up for the July skip though...

Edited by XX_FTW
What is language?

The best bit about being on the other side of the world as most of you lot? Sy gets to do the massive updates that were caused by me tagging everyone :P (sorry Sy)

For this month I'm thinking of picking up Yonder, it looks like it fits the theme pretty well and I remember a few people saying it was quite fun. Anyone got experience with it?

3 hours ago, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Perfect! Im gonna go back and read through the post while Im not at work to clear up any other confusions I have.

Thank you! :)

Any questions hit me up :) happy to answer anything you're confused with

• Like 1

Final update for July, got the platinum in tales from the borderlands in which one of the characters visits pandora for the first time and visits lovely places like hollow point, old haven and prosperity junction, actually on second thought I wouldn't recommend going there. I'm unsure for what game i'll do for this month but theres a new animal crossing like game I might checkout, its called Castaway Paradise

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: 61 (+13)

100% completed 23 (+2)

Completion: 61.06 (+2.99%)

17 hours ago, SyIaris said:

I've got a dumb question!  How do we show our trophies for the event if we play the games on the PC?  Had no idea people were doing that.

Be back a bit later to update.

58 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I've got a dumb question!  How do we show our trophies for the event if we play the games on the PC?  Had no idea people were doing that.

A link to somewhere we can check the achievements (preferable), or screenshots. Can link straight to the page if it's Steam, use sites like True Achievements, etc.

For example, if I go to the game in my list and hit View All Achievements, I can just copy/paste the link like so.

• Like 1

On 1-8-2018 at 7:44 AM, Dessane said:

@vin_rob,
Hi friends, just a heads up you all don't have anything for July at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to put on your list?

Hi, to be honest I did the KYC event so I did Finish some games but I don't really know if they would really matched the theme.

I've finished  

• Planet of the apes: Last frontier (plat)
  • A king's tale: Final Fantasy XV (100%) 
  • Rime (plat)
  • Life is strange: Calm after the storm (plat)
  • Everybody's gone to the rapture  (plat)
  • Murdered soul suspect (plat)

hope something counts, and if nothing really counts for the hardcore req or anything.. I also finished the Injustice Gods Among us 2 story mode, I guess that 1 would count for at least something :)

And now I'm going to check what the theme for this month is.. Sorry wasn't really active with this weather outside .. 

Know what's awesome? Gradual weather changes - not going from a humid 100 to cloudy 60.  <_<

19 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I normaly vote for the theme I would like to play and often enough it ends up winning. Also I don't want to look at the results before voting, so I vote early.

Works out pretty well, then.

Don't want to look at the results? Have to click a button to even see them if you don't vote.  :P

17 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

Yeah, I’m okay. It’s really sweet of you to ask though and I appreciate it. I think I’m just in a bit of a gaming funk but I plan to solider on through this event because I’ve been enjoying it even if my gaming motivations are lacking. I think I’ll go after the rest of Farming Simulator for this month... which is literally just the challenge put into game form. 1f600.png. I can play it and have tv on in the background or something. I don’t have anything to offer up for the July skip though...

Glad to hear it! Happens sometimes, don't force yourself to play... usually seems to make it worse for me. Should be a pretty relaxed option, though, looks like a low time/difficulty too. Nice pick.

16 hours ago, Dessane said:

The best bit about being on the other side of the world as most of you lot? Sy gets to do the massive updates that were caused by me tagging everyone :P (sorry Sy)

You totally did that on purpose.  :P

Nah, the slow parts are finding game examples and updating everyone's monthly line. No big deal.

5 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Final update for July, got the platinum in tales from the borderlands in which one of the characters visits pandora for the first time and visits lovely places like hollow point, old haven and prosperity junction, actually on second thought I wouldn't recommend going there. I'm unsure for what game i'll do for this month but theres a new animal crossing like game I might checkout, its called Castaway Paradise

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: 61 (+13)

100% completed 23 (+2)

Completion: 61.06 (+2.99%)

Got your stats updated, not too sure on Borderlands. Not crossing it off, but it was something of a multiple country thing?

1 hour ago, vin_rob said:

Hi, to be honest I did the KYC event so I did Finish some games but I don't really know if they would really matched the theme.

I've finished  

• Planet of the apes: Last frontier (plat)
  • A king's tale: Final Fantasy XV (100%) 
  • Rime (plat)
  • Life is strange: Calm after the storm (plat)
  • Everybody's gone to the rapture  (plat)
  • Murdered soul suspect (plat)

hope something counts, and if nothing really counts for the hardcore req or anything.. I also finished the Injustice Gods Among us 2 story mode, I guess that 1 would count for at least something :)

And now I'm going to check what the theme for this month is.. Sorry wasn't really active with this weather outside .. 

From what I remember of King's Tale and Murdered, neither of those would count. Rime's a maybe... haven't played the others.

Spoiler

Strap everything on and don't forget those cargo pants! This month, we're going on a world tour - pick something with different locations from around the globe and get trekking.

Ex: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, probably most WWII games

Hardcore requirement: Must have at least three different countries.

Ex: Kingdom Hearts, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Civilization Revolution 2+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Got your stats updated, not too sure on Borderlands. Not crossing it off, but it was something of a multiple country thing?

Reveal hidden contents

Strap everything on and don't forget those cargo pants! This month, we're going on a world tour - pick something with different locations from around the globe and get trekking.

If I recall correctly @SyIaris im fairly certain that the HCR was different countries which is why I didn't mention it, it just hard to be in different locations, if it helps you visit multiple atlas facilities and helios as well. Just noticed that you've make off august, this was for January, shouldn't have a bronze marker yet.

Edited by AS_CHAOTIC
added more to the comment.

For July I have completed Riptide GP2 which has several tracks which arbitrarily have very different looks (one ice track, one looking like the Outback, one standard USA stadium track, and another seemingly European based track). 

Eventide 3 has you travel from one European type country to a magical cloud city and an interdimensional crystal world. That may be stretching it a bit.

Update of the stats below.

Platinum trophies: 83

100% completed: 70

Completion: 52.25%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +37

100% completed: +18

Completion: +2.75%

On 8/1/2018 at 3:45 PM, KawaiiSlowpoke said:

Final clarification: It's okay to join this even though I havent participated in the prior months/year? 

I was just about to ask this same question.

Can I be added too, please? I'll decide on a game after consulting with the Oracle. 

*EDIT*
I think I want to play Slime Rancher for the event. It releases on the PS4  August 21. It is already available on other platforms like XBOX ONE. 

Edited by BigHonkingOne

1 hour ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I think I want to play Slime Rancher for the event. It releases on the PS4  August 21. It is already available on other platforms like XBOX ONE. 

What a neat looking game!  I might need to pick that one up!

On 2-8-2018 at 9:09 PM, SyIaris said:

Rember of King's Tale and Murdered, neither of those would count. Rime's a maybe... haven't played the others.

Reveal hidden contents

What about the story completion of injustice you have fights in all kind of places..

Anders the Digimon games they tend tot have a farm do that would count for the hc?

18 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I'm having the same problem. everything I can think of is either cheap but will take way more than a month to complete, or short and like $50 used.

I mean looking at the trophies for Rune Factory Tides of Destiny/Oceans they look very doable within a month.Shit even a week if you're committed.

I highly recommend the series too! (: I've already said it like 5 times here lol $20 used.