[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

No worries :P
Sometimes it's hard to gauge what's too much of a stretch for all the various events.

Definitely.

There should totally be line in the challenges for the record "applies to another event" number. I wanna see someone that pulls off six with one game.  :lol:

Would I maybe be able to use No Mans Sky for this month?  It's only the DLC I've completed so maybe just a gold grade?

There is farming of resources in that, and a building element where you can build a farm.  If not then that's cool, depending on what I end up playing in the next week, I may use a skip on this month.  

OK!  Got my platinum for this month (after taking forever to catch the freaking Legendary Fish)...

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland

Good for a monthly platinum, Hardcore (raising animals and crops) and the Retro challenge (originally released for PS2 in 2001). 

Also finished the platinum for Word Search by POWGI which I casually flittered through on the Vita while out at camp last week in my spare time.  Good for those down times but not applicable to this month's theme.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

Short update: since I do not have any game that fits this month's theme (and I would like to play...) in any Plsystation system, and I would not be able to get a Platinum Grade for Pokémon Y (I've been playing this game along past weeks, however, I think I should complete the National Pokédex to be granted the Platinum Grade...), I will use a skip for this month.

So, by using a skip, I can say I finished Mecho Tales for a Platinum Grade for this month.

Here's my stats:

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +9

Completion: +1.77%

1 hour ago, JoaoQuique said:

Short update: since I do not have any game that fits this month's theme (and I would like to play...) in any Plsystation system, and I would not be able to get a Platinum Grade for Pokémon Y (I've been playing this game along past weeks, however, I think I should complete the National Pokédex to be granted the Platinum Grade...), I will use a skip for this month.

Yeah, part of me is hoping that the next Pokemon game has some sort of achievement system built into it. They did that for Black/White 2 with those badges.

Level-ups won, for once with a solid margin.  :P

I'll be working on the main post and rollover, may take a bit.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:10 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Would I maybe be able to use No Mans Sky for this month?  It's only the DLC I've completed so maybe just a gold grade?

There is farming of resources in that, and a building element where you can build a farm.  If not then that's cool, depending on what I end up playing in the next week, I may use a skip on this month.  

I honestly can't remember how just-DLC's been handled before.  :facepalm:

But sure, gold sounds reasonable.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:13 AM, JoaoQuique said:

Short update: since I do not have any game that fits this month's theme (and I would like to play...) in any Plsystation system, and I would not be able to get a Platinum Grade for Pokémon Y (I've been playing this game along past weeks, however, I think I should complete the National Pokédex to be granted the Platinum Grade...),

Did you beat the game this month? 'Cause that would count for a silver, if you want to save your skip.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:06 PM, Kent said:

I managed to get the plat for Ark: Survival Evolved this month which involves you taming and raising dinosaurs. Dinosaurs count as animals, right? xD

With Digimon and Pokemon listed as examples? Of course dinosaurs don't count. :awesome:

Got you updated.

• Like 3

Forgot to post my update for this month.

I got the plat for for Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. It's more an exploration/crafting/questing game but you can also have some farms to raise animals and plant crops, so also a hardcore star for me.

The only real annoying thing was collecting the 55 cats. I started to get them after everything else was done. Only then I learned that some cats only spawn in specific seasons which means I had to wait a whole in game year to get every cat. :rolleyes: Apart from that I had fun playing this game.

Also here are my stats: The completion is a bit lower because of KYC two months ago and a new Rocket League DLC. It was at a plus of 5,70%

Platinum trophies: +17

100% completed: +4

Completion: +4,23%

September's Theme: Level Up!

Game must feature a progression/ levelling feature. HCR: Must reach level 25 or unlock 15 progression skills in the game.

Who doesn't enjoy that flash or ping that lets you know you've got skills to upgrade? Dive in and go for something that lets you level like a maniac!

Hardcore ex: Borderlands, Destiny 2, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, just about any RPG

November will be open to suggestions, so feel free to throw some out!

Got sidetracked and I'm not real happy with that, may rewrite it when I have more time...

@MarkusT1992 Thanks for getting that in when you did, timing worked out well. 

• Like 1

So I'll be using my skip for August, and I'll use Ni No Kuni 2: The Revenant Kingdom as my plat. 

1Sec9cdf.png

Progress so far:

Platinum trophies: +15

100% completed: - (no change)

Completion: +2.29%

I also voted for Shadow Stalking. I'm not really into horror or jump scare games. I'm hoping the stalking theme wins as I plan to use Rise of the Tomb Raider

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

Catching up with the thread - it hasn't been a great summer for gaming here, so I didn't finish any games at all back in July, or even really play anything at all.

I have two finished games for August, but I don't think either of them qualify for the theme (feeding the cat in Shenmue is as close as it gets) - could I use a skip to count Shenmue as my game for August, please?

• Like 1

Good morning, this last month theme was pretty hard, since I've got interested in a sword art game again...

I've been playing that for most of the time... I did Plat Rayman Legends, and I think since there are monsters/animals that you can collect and they give you an x amount of currency that it would count.

If it doesn't I think I would have to use a skip with the same game lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SyIaris said:

(...)

Did you beat the game this month? 'Cause that would count for a silver, if you want to save your skip.

(...)

Actually I prefer spend a "skip" than granting a Silver Grade for Pokémon Y - I'm priorizing Platinum Grades than "no-skipping accomplishments). Anyway, I have no predictions about if I would use my remaining skip... ?

• Like 1

OK, end August stats...

Three plats complete.  Neither Spellspire nor Word Search apply to the monthly theme.  Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland got me the monthly plat, Hardcore and Retro challenge.  

Stats:

Monthly

Plats: +3

100%: NC

Completion Rate: +0.82%

Event

Plats: 123 (+20 for event)

100% : 48 (+4 for event)

Completion Rate: 79.74% (+0.73% for event)

Let's see how this month goes but at least I'm back on track getting a game for the monthly theme done again.

• Like 1

I finished Yonder this month. fun little gam although the end game was painful in terms of waiting for seasons to complete it. but the fact it was made by 3 people is unreal. This was also completed for the spelling bee and I wouldn't have played this game sooner and only did because if fit this theme. 

1S8cc2d1.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: 62 (+14)

100% completed 24 (+3)

Completion: 60.93 (+2.86%)

• Like 1

Finished up Mary Skelter: Nightmares for the month of September, which meets the HC requirement (there is actually a trophy which you need to achieve Level 81 for one character and then "devolve" yourself back to level 1 -_-;) and is also being used for the Spelling Bee event.

Here's the platinum icon:
1Sd4380f.png

Here's my stats as well :) 

Current:

Platinum trophies: +28

100% Completed: +17

Completion: +6.32%

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

Well, the cat seems to be determined to use every single one of her nine lives and is improving, so I should be around more frequently again. Sorry I've been slow.

On 9/1/2018 at 0:11 AM, Edunstar84 said:

So I'll be using my skip for August, and I'll use Ni No Kuni 2: The Revenant Kingdom as my plat. 

1Sec9cdf.png

Progress so far:

Platinum trophies: +15

100% completed: - (no change)

Completion: +2.29%

I also voted for Shadow Stalking. I'm not really into horror or jump scare games. I'm hoping the stalking theme wins as I plan to use Rise of the Tomb Raider

Nice game choice.

Yeah, have to say I'd really prefer stealth...

On 9/1/2018 at 0:24 AM, Fitzquaid said:

Catching up with the thread - it hasn't been a great summer for gaming here, so I didn't finish any games at all back in July, or even really play anything at all.

I have two finished games for August, but I don't think either of them qualify for the theme (feeding the cat in Shenmue is as close as it gets) - could I use a skip to count Shenmue as my game for August, please?

Sure thing, hope you enjoyed it!

How's Utawarerumono? I've eyed it in sales a few times.

On 9/1/2018 at 0:37 AM, vin_rob said:

Good morning, this last month theme was pretty hard, since I've got interested in a sword art game again...

I've been playing that for most of the time... I did Plat Rayman Legends, and I think since there are monsters/animals that you can collect and they give you an x amount of currency that it would count.

If it doesn't I think I would have to use a skip with the same game lol.

That it was. Lots of skips going around, myself included. Kind of wonder why it won...

Collectibles seem a bit too off for "raising", personally.  :dunno:

Good work on getting it done, though - that's a grindy one!

On 9/1/2018 at 0:54 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Actually I prefer spend a "skip" than granting a Silver Grade for Pokémon Y - I'm priorizing Platinum Grades than "no-skipping accomplishments). Anyway, I have no predictions about if I would use my remaining skip... 1f60b.png

Sure, nothing wrong with that. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.  :)

On 9/1/2018 at 1:24 PM, Kevvik said:

OK, end August stats...

Three plats complete.  Neither Spellspire nor Word Search apply to the monthly theme.  Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland got me the monthly plat, Hardcore and Retro challenge.  

Stats:

Monthly

Plats: +3

100%: NC

Completion Rate: +0.82%

Event

Plats: 123 (+20 for event)

100% : 48 (+4 for event)

Completion Rate: 79.74% (+0.73% for event)

Let's see how this month goes but at least I'm back on track getting a game for the monthly theme done again.

Looks like Dessane must have snuck in an update, your plat's already there.

Congrats on getting back into a positive completion percentage!

On 9/1/2018 at 1:58 PM, AS_CHAOTIC said:

I finished Yonder this month. fun little gam although the end game was painful in terms of waiting for seasons to complete it. but the fact it was made by 3 people is unreal. This was also completed for the spelling bee and I wouldn't have played this game sooner and only did because if fit this theme. 

1S8cc2d1.png

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 48

100% completed: 21

Completion: 58.07%

Platinum trophies: 62 (+14)

100% completed 24 (+3)

Completion: 60.93 (+2.86%)

Always a shame when the end drags out too long. Glad it was fun otherwise!

On 9/1/2018 at 9:11 PM, eigen-space said:

Finished up Mary Skelter: Nightmares for the month of September, which meets the HC requirement (there is actually a trophy which you need to achieve Level 81 for one character and then "devolve" yourself back to level 1 -_-;) and is also being used for the Spelling Bee event.

Here's the platinum icon:
1Sd4380f.png

Here's my stats as well :) 

Current:

Platinum trophies: +28

100% Completed: +17

Completion: +6.32%

That was quick. Go you!

You're nearly at double the plats since you started - very impressive!

On 9/3/2018 at 5:47 AM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I platted 

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and it has some level progression mechanics, specially with your base that u have to level up in order to unlock new features... is this valid for this month's theme?

Not sure, honestly. I haven't played it yet and your description seems like it could go either way. I'll see if my friend can clear it up a bit, or you/anyone's free to chime in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

That was quick. Go you!

You're nearly at double the plats since you started - very impressive!

Thanks! I was playing it for the other event and it happened to line up nicely for either category :P

I also noticed that I've almost doubled my plats this year when I looked at my stats! And I've almost tripled my ? games! I think it's very doable to get to double and triple respectively so it's my new 2018 goal :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

Thanks! I was playing it for the other event and it happened to line up nicely for either category :P

I also noticed that I've almost doubled my plats this year when I looked at my stats! And I've almost tripled my 1f4af.png games! I think it's very doable to get to double and triple respectively so it's my new 2018 goal :)

Very handy.  :P

Definitely, you should have plenty of time to hit both!

So, absolute failure on farming. I'll need to use a skip for that.

On the plus side, I should be knocking leveling out of the park. Currently on Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI. And of course there's a new Kemco RPG if I can't finish these long games by the end of the month.

Edited by starcrunch061

On 04/09/2018 at 6:42 PM, SyIaris said:

How's Utawarerumono? I've eyed it in sales a few times.

I've only played the first couple of hours, but so far I'm impressed by the quality of the translation and writing - it's a cut above what I expected.  I'll report back when I get a bit further in and hopefully get more time with the battle system as well.