[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

17 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Decided to 100% the OUTATIME episode of Back To The Future and be done with it, can finally delete it now. Missed five out of twelve trophies on my first go, had to do most of the game again which is why I ignored it for two years.

It doesn't count for the theme so only thing changing is my number of 100%ed during the event goes up by one. Also I'm at 51,52% completion percentage now.

I'm finally making a real dent... I like it that I'm putting more focus on my already started games now. This all started when I decided to pick up Witcher III again but it didn't really take off until recently. I guess last month was a good start, with finally getting the Black Flag platinum.

Well done on getting Back to the Future finished:) I've updated your stats.

I know how that feels as I'm doing the same now with my games as I've just gotten back into playing How to Survive. It's always satisfying to finish a game that's been incomplete for a while :) What are you planning on playing next?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So almost done with the story for Dishonored...it might take me awhile to get the plat, but it actually ended up being an enjoyable game, albeit short.

Hey, have a look at these Dishonored Ghost Playlist vids. The routes he takes are all on the hardest difficulty and basically finds the quickest way to do them without any gadgets. The total playthrough is about 2hrs and you would get Ghost, Shadow, Mostly Flesh and Steel, Specter, Faceless, Surgical, Clean Hands, Well Mannered, Poetic Justice and Just Dark Enough. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm finally making a real dent... I like it that I'm putting more focus on my already started games now. This all started when I decided to pick up Witcher III again but it didn't really take off until recently. I guess last month was a good start, with finally getting the Black Flag platinum.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I started going through my backlog actively since finishing FFXIII, which I first started 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well done on getting Back to the Future finished:) I've updated your stats.

I know how that feels as I'm doing the same now with my games as I've just gotten back into playing How to Survive. It's always satisfying to finish a game that's been incomplete for a while :) What are you planning on playing next?

Thanks!

Don't know what I'll do next. There's basically three PS4 games I'm working on right now - I've started on the final DLC of The Witcher III, I want to get LEGO Marvel Avengers over and done with (started it almost a year ago with the missus, didn't get through the main levels until a month ago because she was too busy and she didn't like the game so now I have to finish it on my own), and I restarted on Apotheon in the hopes that I'd be in the mood for it but seeing as I'm playing other stuff as well, it might just get ignored again.

I feel like I should ignore my PS3 less, though. Basically if I can just get myself to play more of those games, it wouldn't all keep adding up and I wouldn't feel so bad about mostly playing PS4 and Switch all the time.

I might just start on ICO or Shadow Of The Colossus, or perhaps one of the games already on my card should go first... I could just blast through Enslaved on easy for instance (played it before on X360 on normal). Or I could go for Tomb Raider Underworld again, though I don't really feel like using a guide for whatever I play next. I also have one last Assassin's Creed III DLC to get through, and then the side stuff of the main game... And I still have not played the Prototype games... And I still have inFamous unfinished... And I still haven't done story mode for any of the Battle Royale characters...

Damn, this is harder than I thought.

52 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I started going through my backlog actively since finishing FFXIII, which I first started 2 years ago.

Good thing there are all these events that make us go through our backlog ;) still glad I created that 'games that have been on your backlog for at least a year' event, I find that that one is doing very well with keeping me in line.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks!

Don't know what I'll do next. There's basically three PS4 games I'm working on right now - I've started on the final DLC of The Witcher III, I want to get LEGO Marvel Avengers over and done with (started it almost a year ago with the missus, didn't get through the main levels until a month ago because she was too busy and she didn't like the game so now I have to finish it on my own), and I restarted on Apotheon in the hopes that I'd be in the mood for it but seeing as I'm playing other stuff as well, it might just get ignored again.

I feel like I should ignore my PS3 less, though. Basically if I can just get myself to play more of those games, it wouldn't all keep adding up and I wouldn't feel so bad about mostly playing PS4 and Switch all the time.

I might just start on ICO or Shadow Of The Colossus, or perhaps one of the games already on my card should go first... I could just blast through Enslaved on easy for instance (played it before on X360 on normal). Or I could go for Tomb Raider Underworld again, though I don't really feel like using a guide for whatever I play next. I also have one last Assassin's Creed III DLC to get through, and then the side stuff of the main game... And I still have not played the Prototype games... And I still have inFamous unfinished... And I still haven't done story mode for any of the Battle Royale characters...

Damn, this is harder than I thought.

Wow, sounds like you have a lot to choose from, perhaps you should go with the smaller games and then work your way up. Or you could do it easy to hard based on your games. Or just put them into a randomiser or something like that, to keep the decision  exciting.

I know how that feels:facepalm: I think I left it about two years before going back to my PS3 a couple of months ago. I actually thought that my controller had broken as it wouldn't turn on or anything, but it turns out it just needed a new charging cable. It's doesn't help the backlog as all the PS3 games are now so cheap. I have a local game shop near to where I live, and you can get PS3 games in there for about £2-£8 and I think I must buy one every time I go in.

I loved Enslaved on the Xbox 360 so much, I used to play it all the time haha. inFamous is in my backlog too but I never really fancy playing those. Tomb Raider: Underworld isn't that bad, collectables wise, once you get into it and it goes by quite fast. I used a pretty good guide that had pictures in it. Trust me, you'll need those pictures as it can get a bit confusing. 

Well it definitely sounds like you have a lot to choose from and it sounds like it's going to be tricky. I hope you find something you want to play.:D 

Just now, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Wow, sounds like you have a lot to choose from, perhaps you should go with the smaller games and then work your way up. Or you could do it easy to hard based on your games. Or just put them into a randomiser or something like that, to keep the decision  exciting.

I know how that feels:facepalm: I think I left it about two years before going back to my PS3 a couple of months ago. I actually thought that my controller had broken as it wouldn't turn on or anything, but it turns out it just needed a new charging cable. It's doesn't help the backlog as all the PS3 games are now so cheap. I have a local game shop near to where I live, and you can get PS3 games in there for about £2-£8 and I think I must buy one every time I go in.

I loved Enslaved on the Xbox 360 so much, I used to play it all the time haha. inFamous is in my backlog too but I never really fancy playing those. Tomb Raider: Underworld isn't that bad, collectables wise, once you get into it and it goes by quite fast. I used a pretty good guide that had pictures in it. Trust me, you'll need those pictures as it can get a bit confusing. 

Well it definitely sounds like you have a lot to choose from and it sounds like it's going to be tricky. I hope you find something you want to play.:D 

If you ever want to help, feel free to point me towards stuff:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38230-billyhorribles-backlog-bit-including-assassins-creed-progress/

Well, I did BTTF because I actually was just playing Mario Kart yesterday, and in the evening I decided that I should just churn out BTTF with a guide in an hour or so so I could get rid of it. Don't know how much really small stuff I have left, except for maybe doing the missable stuff in Broken Age or Everybody's Gone To The Rapture with a guide, which both should take an hour or three. If I have the time though, it feels good to do some larger games - I feel great about finally being able to get through The Witcher III, for instance. Doing Enslaved on easy should not really take me longer than a weekend.

I decided not to buy stuff for PS3 any more. I've bought ICO and Colossus now, which seemed like the last two essential PlayStation non-PS4 games I was still missing. Now all that remains is getting through the games I have... I can also at some point get PS Now for a week and do some stuff I do not feel like buying, like Sonic Unleashed or The Cave.

I bought inFamous 1 and 2 on the cheap after enjoying the PS4 games but the PS3 ones are really slow... I enjoyed the small standalone vampire one which made me get the full sized games but I'm just not getting into them. Might just give up on them, I am relatively sure I'll never start inFamous 2 at least (didn't obtain a trophy in it yet).

I did Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legend with (non-picture) guides as well, was doing Underworld afterwards but somehow I got distracted (or bored) and it's hard to get back into the game now.

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

If you ever want to help, feel free to point me towards stuff:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/38230-billyhorribles-backlog-bit-including-assassins-creed-progress/

Well, I did BTTF because I actually was just playing Mario Kart yesterday, and in the evening I decided that I should just churn out BTTF with a guide in an hour or so so I could get rid of it. Don't know how much really small stuff I have left, except for maybe doing the missable stuff in Broken Age or Everybody's Gone To The Rapture with a guide, which both should take an hour or three. If I have the time though, it feels good to do some larger games - I feel great about finally being able to get through The Witcher III, for instance. Doing Enslaved on easy should not really take me longer than a weekend.

I decided not to buy stuff for PS3 any more. I've bought ICO and Colossus now, which seemed like the last two essential PlayStation non-PS4 games I was still missing. Now all that remains is getting through the games I have... I can also at some point get PS Now for a week and do some stuff I do not feel like buying, like Sonic Unleashed or The Cave.

I bought inFamous 1 and 2 on the cheap after enjoying the PS4 games but the PS3 ones are really slow... I enjoyed the small standalone vampire one which made me get the full sized games but I'm just not getting into them. Might just give up on them, I am relatively sure I'll never start inFamous 2 at least (didn't obtain a trophy in it yet).

I did Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legend with (non-picture) guides as well, was doing Underworld afterwards but somehow I got distracted (or bored) and it's hard to get back into the game now.

I'll have a read of it and see what I could help you with :)

Its always nice when you just play something without having to think about what you are going to play for ages before hand. I do that quite a lot :) I literally have no small games left (I only have RPG'S left now) so that's why it's taking me so long to finish the games I'm playing now. 

I received a PS3 quite late into it being out and I suppose I'm still catching up on the games from then really haha. PS Now seems like a really good way to play the games you want without having all the space being taken up in your house, but I pretty much already have the games I would play on it anyway. Yeah I couldn't get into the PS3 inFamous games either but I really enjoyed the PS4 versions. I don't think the shards were helping me haha.

35 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'll have a read of it and see what I could help you with :)

Its always nice when you just play something without having to think about what you are going to play for ages before hand. I do that quite a lot :) I literally have no small games left (I only have RPG'S left now) so that's why it's taking me so long to finish the games I'm playing now. 

I received a PS3 quite late into it being out and I suppose I'm still catching up on the games from then really haha. PS Now seems like a really good way to play the games you want without having all the space being taken up in your house, but I pretty much already have the games I would play on it anyway. Yeah I couldn't get into the PS3 inFamous games either but I really enjoyed the PS4 versions. I don't think the shards were helping me haha.

I got a PS3 only after getting a PS4... I was talking about getting the PS+ games, and thinking about getting a PS3 when it had dropped a bit more in price so I could play those games when a friend decided he wasn't using his any more anyway so he gifted me his PS3 and the retail games he still owned. That also meant the death of my X360 gaming, I gave that one to a different friend soon afterwards. Mostly in the first year afterwards, I've been catching up on the classics that I missed, and I feel like I will be done after ICO and Colossus. After that, it's just a matter of playing through those other games I bought and obtained from said friend, and then my PS3 purely becomes a console to play PS+ games with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I got a PS3 only after getting a PS4... I was talking about getting the PS+ games, and thinking about getting a PS3 when it had dropped a bit more in price so I could play those games when a friend decided he wasn't using his any more anyway so he gifted me his PS3 and the retail games he still owned. That also meant the death of my X360 gaming, I gave that one to a different friend soon afterwards. Mostly in the first year afterwards, I've been catching up on the classics that I missed, and I feel like I will be done after ICO and Colossus. After that, it's just a matter of playing through those other games I bought and obtained from said friend, and then my PS3 purely becomes a console to play PS+ games with.

That was lucky then that he gave his to you :) 

Blimey, your quite efficient with your backlog meanwhile I just keep adding to mine haha.

I had a read of your backlog thread on here and I think you should play White Night and I Am Alive as they both have brilliant stories with brilliant twists and characters in them and I think you'd enjoy playing them. 

9 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That was lucky then that he gave his to you :) 

Blimey, your quite efficient with your backlog meanwhile I just keep adding to mine haha.

Well, most of what I said is purely in theory. I hope I can truly be done with buying PS3 games though, let's see if I can keep it up - ICO and Colossus were the first PS3 games I bought in ages, first full games since the Tomb Raider trilogy bought about a year ago, and I have only bought the AC III DLC in between.

I had a read of your backlog thread on here and I think you should play White Night and I Am Alive as they both have brilliant stories with brilliant twists and characters in them and I think you'd enjoy playing them. 

I tried a bit of White Night and didn't really like it yet, I played the first two hours or so of I Am Alive and it hasn't really pulled me in yet. Definitely games I will play at some point but they're not anywhere near the top of my list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I tried a bit of White Night and didn't really like it yet, I played the first two hours or so of I Am Alive and it hasn't really pulled me in yet. Definitely games I will play at some point but they're not anywhere near the top of my list.

Oh well that's a shame then. I Am Alive gets a lot better as you go through the game but I'd start agin with it if you have left it a while since you last played it. Well then, my suggestion would be to finish The Witcher 3 DLC so the story is still fresh in your mind as you've only just played the main game.

2 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Oh well that's a shame then. I Am Alive gets a lot better as you go through the game but I'd start agin with it if you have left it a while since you last played it. Well then, my suggestion would be to finish The Witcher 3 DLC so the story is still fresh in your mind as you've only just played the main game.

Yeah my few hours with I Am Alive were on X360 so starting over will be necessary.

I'll do the The Witcher III DLC before the end of next month, don't know if I will do it right away though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Hey, have a look at these Dishonored Ghost Playlist vids. The routes he takes are all on the hardest difficulty and basically finds the quickest way to do them without any gadgets. The total playthrough is about 2hrs and you would get Ghost, Shadow, Mostly Flesh and Steel, Specter, Faceless, Surgical, Clean Hands, Well Mannered, Poetic Justice and Just Dark Enough. :)

Thanks for that. I am doing high chaos all upgrades right now, but this will be useful for no upgrades, low chaos, no kills.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@RizzleAbbey12 right now I'm thinking getting the backlog down is more important than getting the percentage up, and it would be good to be able to throw some stuff off of the PS3. I'm going to do ICO and Colossus, think I'll start with Colossus.

Sorry for the late reply, I've started How to Survive again and I can't put it down now but you know how it is. I'm happy to hear you've decided what to do and plus you can always go back and play the ones that stand out and you want to platinum/100% later :) Plus you finish those PS3 games, you have more time for the PS4 and the Switch. :D 

Sorry for the late reply, I've started How to Survive again and I can't put it down now but you know how it is. I'm happy to hear you've decided what to do and plus you can always go back and play the ones that stand out and you want to platinum/100% later :) Plus you finish those PS3 games, you have more time for the PS4 and the Switch. :D 

Don't let @xFalionx hear you apologising for a "late reply" about an hour after you've been @'ed...

Done four Colossi now, and I think this game will go on the pile"should have played it sooner"s. This game must have been amazing back in the day, but it didn't age that well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Don't let @xFalionx hear you apologising for a "late reply" about an hour after you've been @'ed...

Done four Colossi now, and I think this game will go on the pile"should have played it sooner"s. This game must have been amazing back in the day, but it didn't age that well.

?

Im glad your enjoying it. I hate it when that happens and I always feel really guilty for not playing them sooner. 

44 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

1f601.png

Im glad your enjoying it. I hate it when that happens and I always feel really guilty for not playing them sooner. 

Actually I meant I'm not enjoying it that much :-/

I can see how I should think this game is awesome but it has aged so much, with the graphics and the bad controls... I would have been amazed if I had played this a decade ago, when it was relatively new.

Still, I guess I'm definitely getting €3 worth of joy out of it, I should remember that I paid less for this than I paid for the ingredients of my dinner this evening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Actually I meant I'm not enjoying it that much :-/

I can see how I should think this game is awesome but it has aged so much, with the graphics and the bad controls... I would have been amazed if I had played this a decade ago, when it was relatively new.

Still, I guess I'm definitely getting €3 worth of joy out of it, I should remember that I paid less for this than I paid for the ingredients of my dinner this evening.

Oh right sorry :) 

Its always sad to see how they age and it's amazing to think that we've come so far now in terms of graphics, gameplay and storytelling. Well I bet your glad you didn't buy it full price then :) 

This looks interesting. I'd like to join in too. I've got a huge backlog from not being able to play much for a while, so I think this'll be an easy way to decide what to play next, haha.

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies - 112
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy - 26
  • Current completion percentage - 63.98

I'm currently finishing up Persona 5, and since that doesn't seem to work very well with the theme, I'll work on Prince of Persia Sands of Time for the event once I'm done. Because of the sand element in the story and gameplay, it seems like a good fit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

This looks interesting. I'd like to join in too. I've got a huge backlog from not being able to play much for a while, so I think this'll be an easy way to decide what to play next, haha.

I'm currently finishing up Persona 5, and since that doesn't seem to work very well with the theme, I'll work on Prince of Persia Sands of Time for the event once I'm done. Because of the sand element in the story and gameplay, it seems like a good fit.

Added you, and welcome! Hopefully this will help you pick some. Trying to decide what to play can be nearly as long as actually playing something, can't it?  :P

Sounds like a good choice to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Welcome to the event! :D I hope you have a good time while in the event! That's a pretty impressive number of platinums by the way, well done on getting all of those! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Added you, and welcome! Hopefully this will help you pick some. Trying to decide what to play can be nearly as long as actually playing something, can't it?  :P

Sounds like a good choice to me.

Thanks! Yeah, it's seriously can, haha. I've got about 120 games, including PS+, to choose from right now. And it just makes it impossible to choose. x_x

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Welcome to the event! :D I hope you have a good time while in the event! That's a pretty impressive number of platinums by the way, well done on getting all of those! :) 

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of a lot of them. :]

Took me long enough, but I finished a game for this month with some time to spare.

Minecraft - because of the event, hardcore (the example, even), and all 52 of the excessive DLC trophies. ^_^

Can't say I loved it; think messing around in creative mode would be much more enjoyable than the trophy hunting was for me. Wasn't bad, just... wasn't my thing. Glad the 100 day trophy cooperated after all the reloading. Thanks again to @RizzleAbbey12 for helping me kill the nightmare that was a flying Creeper on steroids!

Now, do I do my usual and only play a stacking list if I'm in the mood to replay it, or do I get some of the PS4 trophies quick while I remember where stuff is?  :hmm:

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1