[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

It seems that I'm screwed in Vice City.

I have done everything I need for the 100% but only have 98%. That's probably because I didn't play the two cut missions. I played like GTA 3 in english as I thought that would make the game uncut like in GTA 3. Seems it didn't. I set my PS4 language to English to complete the rampages, which are also cut.

Now I have to start a new game and get the 100% again. -_-:angry:

I hate it when games are cut.

• Like 4

Question good sirs (or ma'ams) 

I've been working on Doom 3 BFG but it is an interesting case. It contains the full versions of Doom 1 & 2, and the expansion for 2, which is just as long as Doom 2. It also contains Doom 3, and both original DLC games for that. However, it's all in one big list instead of being broken up. 

I previously finished everything for Doom 1 & 2, all of the Lost Mission expansion, and all but the nightmare run for Doom 3 (3 trophies).

This month I started the RoE campaign and I'll probably finish my nightmare run tonight. Can I use that for the DLC challenge or not since it's all in one list? Also, Doom has 4 main titles, but a ton of expansion content, including Doom 2: No Rest For the Living, so not sure if it counts for hardcore. :dunno:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Question good sirs (or ma'ams) 

I've been working on Doom 3 BFG but it is an interesting case. It contains the full versions of Doom 1 & 2, and the expansion for 2, which is just as long as Doom 2. It also contains Doom 3, and both original DLC games for that. However, it's all in one big list instead of being broken up. 

I previously finished everything for Doom 1 & 2, all of the Lost Mission expansion, and all but the nightmare run for Doom 3 (3 trophies).

This month I started the RoE campaign and I'll probably finish my nightmare run tonight. Can I use that for the DLC challenge or not since it's all in one list? Also, Doom has 4 main titles, but a ton of expansion content, including Doom 2: No Rest For the Living, so not sure if it counts for hardcore. :dunno:

Yeah I don't see why Doom RoE wouldn't count for the DLC challenge as long as it isn't a main Doom game, I'd count it for the DLC challenge. 

Well a quick look on Google tells me that Doom has 6 games in its main series ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(series))     and then a few expansions so yeah I'd say that Doom definitely counts for the hardcore challenge. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Hey there people, turns out that I'm checking back again sooner than anticipated. That's mainly because I got myself Zero Escape: The Nonary Games at the start of the month and managed to plat it today. It's basically the first two games of a series of 3 compiled, so it just so happens to fit this months theme.

But man, what a great games those were. Especially Virtues Last Reward, which pretty much blew my mind towards end of the story. It's probably one of the longest VNs I've ever played through, considering that most of the different endings actually are part of the main story, and it's definitely another contender for my list of favorite Vita games. Now I'll only need to find a way to pick up Zero Time Dilemma for cheap, as I don't really want to pay a full 40€ for the digital version and I was only able to find the physical release for almost twice as much or with huge import fees.

Anyways, continue having a great time everyone. :)  

Hey there Falion, it's nice to hear from you. :) Hope everything's going well for you. :) 

Congrats on finishing your first game for June! I'll update your stats in the morning as I'm just about to go to bed. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your game, I was actually thinking about getting into those games so I think I'll have another look at them tomorrow now! :D 

Thanks for updating and we hope to hear from you again soon! :) 

EDIT: I've updated your stats for this month @xFalionx

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey there Falion, it's nice to hear from you. :) Hope everything's going well for you. :) 

Congrats on finishing your first game for June! I'll update your stats in the morning as I'm just about to go to bed. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your game, I was actually thinking about getting into those games so I think I'll have another look at them tomorrow now! :D 

Thanks for updating and we hope to hear from you again soon! :) 

EDIT: I've updated your stats for this month @xFalionx

Yeah, some of the problems are starting to clear up now, mostly just some of the smaller ones though. 

Thanks, those games were really great. If you're into puzzles, sci-fi, and/or mystery it's definitely something to check out. The story is really great and features some very interesting principles reaching from quantum physics to spirit science and gets really tense at points, while the characters are well written and it broke my heart whenever I had to betray a character I liked to reach a few of the numerous endings. The soundtrack is also pretty great at times featuring gems like this song which was one of the main things that got me into the franchise:

(Just don't look at the comments since they are probably packed with spoilers)

Spoiler

It's just a lot of text to read since it's a relatively long VN and you need to see pretty much every ending to really understand the story of both games, so like most VNs it's not really a game for people who don't like reading. 

• Like 3

Hey all, been busy with work and haven't had much time for trophy hunting, but I did knock out the platinum for Spy Chameleon: RGB Agent today.  I think this could count as part of a series because it's actually the sequel to an Xbox 360 indie title just called Spy Chameleon.  There are also a couple of hints at a Spy Chameleon: RGB Agent 2 in the game, but I don't think anything has been officially announced.  If this doesn't count, let me know and I'll find something else to put in there.  Here's the (sadly lazy) platinum thumbnail if it does count though.

1S05c0f1.png

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +12

100% completed: +6

Completion: +4.96%

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Don't influence other poeple  :shakefist:

I voted for past but now that I have Horizon Zero Dawn I would be glad about future. Then I would have a reason to play it.

I am with you on this one as I have recently bought Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Like 1

Small update: I completed Worms Crazy Golf last weekend, granting me a Golden Star for June's, and a Golden Star on 4-games-in-a-month Challenge (finally...).

Question about next month's theme: can "alternative worlds" be defined as being "past", "present" or "future", or how they should be defined, if they are? I'm asking about it because I fear I will have some struggle to pick an eligible game (majority of my games are from "present" or are in "alternative worlds" - some are "past-like", like Ni no Kuni and maybe Atelier Sophie, others are "future-like", like Final Fantasy XIII-3, but all of them are in alternative worlds, which can follow a different timeline about technologies...).

• Like 1

On 18 June 2017 at 4:35 PM, xFalionx said:

Yeah, some of the problems are starting to clear up now, mostly just some of the smaller ones though. 

Thanks, those games were really great. If you're into puzzles, sci-fi, and/or mystery it's definitely something to check out. The story is really great and features some very interesting principles reaching from quantum physics to spirit science and gets really tense at points, while the characters are well written and it broke my heart whenever I had to betray a character I liked to reach a few of the numerous endings. The soundtrack is also pretty great at times featuring gems like this song which was one of the main things that got me into the franchise:

(Just don't look at the comments since they are probably packed with spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

It's just a lot of text to read since it's a relatively long VN and you need to see pretty much every ending to really understand the story of both games, so like most VNs it's not really a game for people who don't like reading. 

Thanks for sharing that! It looks pretty interesting so I'm going to get it when it's on sale again :) 

16 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Hey all, been busy with work and haven't had much time for trophy hunting, but I did knock out the platinum for Spy Chameleon: RGB Agent today.  I think this could count as part of a series because it's actually the sequel to an Xbox 360 indie title just called Spy Chameleon.  There are also a couple of hints at a Spy Chameleon: RGB Agent 2 in the game, but I don't think anything has been officially announced.  If this doesn't count, let me know and I'll find something else to put in there.  Here's the (sadly lazy) platinum thumbnail if it does count though.

1S05c0f1.png

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +12

100% completed: +6

Completion: +4.96%

Congrats on finishing game and getting the platinum! :) I've updated your stats and counted it for this month considering what you said about it. Any plans on what your going to play next? Happy hunting for the rest of the month! :) 

3 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: I completed Worms Crazy Golf last weekend, granting me a Golden Star for June's, and a Golden Star on 4-games-in-a-month Challenge (finally...).

Question about next month's theme: can "alternative worlds" be defined as being "past", "present" or "future", or how they should be defined, if they are? I'm asking about it because I fear I will have some struggle to pick an eligible game (majority of my games are from "present" or are in "alternative worlds" - some are "past-like", like Ni no Kuni and maybe Atelier Sophie, others are "future-like", like Final Fantasy XIII-3, but all of them are in alternative worlds, which can follow a different timeline about technologies...).

Congrats on finishing Worms Crazy Golf! I've updated your stats for you. :) Well done on finishing the challenges! Any plans on what your going to play next?

In answer to your question, I believe that alternative worlds would count towards next months theme as they are set within their own time frame/world so have their own past, present and future and also as long as they have some elements of past, present or future in them then they would likely be counted regardless of alternative worlds. I'll tag @SyIaris to see what she thinks though first. 

Hope this helps :) 

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Still chugging along in FFXV. 40% done so far. Got all but one of the optional Royal Arms, and I'm just working on getting through the story now.

Sounds like your making good and steady progress which is nicer to hear! How are you finding the game so far then? Are you enjoying it? :) 

• Like 2

It's strange, I looked up that Spy Chameleon game when I got back last night, and couldn't find any videos or references to it outside of a pair of sites that were probably networked at the time. Has a different developer/publisher but sounds almost like the same game. Rather confusing.  :blink:

4 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

I'd be inclined to base it on the technology/setting relative to reality, since some series are a bit confusing that way. No strong preference, though, whatever makes sense to everyone.

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing game and getting the platinum! :) I've updated your stats and counted it for this month considering what you said about it. Any plans on what your going to play next? Happy hunting for the rest of the month! :) 

Thanks! I'll probably work on Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! for the rest of the month since it keeps with the theme.  Controls will take some getting used to, but I think it could be fun.  Only real problem is that things will be very busy for me, so there's a good chance it wont be finished this month (hence, submitting Spy Chameleon in the meantime).

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

It's strange, I looked up that Spy Chameleon game when I got back last night, and couldn't find any videos or references to it outside of a pair of sites that were probably networked at the time. Has a different developer/publisher but sounds almost like the same game. Rather confusing.  :blink:

Yeah, it seems like it was a little known indie on 360, and one of (maybe the only) devs decided to reboot it as a collaboration project.  He calls it a sequel though, so I'm going to count it unless someone wants to dispute it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Sounds like your making good and steady progress which is nicer to hear! How are you finding the game so far then? Are you enjoying it? :) 

It's fun, but really weird and confusing. The first half of the game had basically no story, and now the second half has hour long cutscenes and epic bosses. It's very strange. It isn't bad though, and I am enjoying it.

• Like 1

Just noting that I'll be quiet for a while. Obtained two platinums this month (both in Assassin's Creed games) and working on some old backlog stuff now that will definitely not net me any platinum trophies and/or 100% completions.

It's also getting "summer-warm" here now and I already feel like sitting indoors less, so I'll probably quickly do something for July and August at the start of each month and then quickly get back to sitting outside, probably with either the Switch or a book.

• Like 2

100%'d The Secret Order 4: Beyond Time, which actually fits into the theme for once - I tend to play one of these 5-15 minutes daily. It's part of a five-game hidden object series currently on mobile and PC, but may show up on PSN eventually since Nightmares from the Deep and Grim Legends have.

20 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Yeah, it seems like it was a little known indie on 360, and one of (maybe the only) devs decided to reboot it as a collaboration project.  He calls it a sequel though, so I'm going to count it unless someone wants to dispute it.

Yeah, not a big deal - just strange that there doesn't seem to be much of anything on it.

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just noting that I'll be quiet for a while. Obtained two platinums this month (both in Assassin's Creed games) and working on some old backlog stuff now that will definitely not net me any platinum trophies and/or 100% completions.

It's also getting "summer-warm" here now and I already feel like sitting indoors less, so I'll probably quickly do something for July and August at the start of each month and then quickly get back to sitting outside, probably with either the Switch or a book.

No problem, hope you have fun with them! Any in particular you're planning to tackle?

I know what you mean. Running something that's just going to spit out more heat isn't terribly appealing when you're already roasting.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Thanks! I'll probably work on Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! for the rest of the month since it keeps with the theme.  Controls will take some getting used to, but I think it could be fun.  Only real problem is that things will be very busy for me, so there's a good chance it wont be finished this month (hence, submitting Spy Chameleon in the meantime).

Sounds good! I hope you enjoy it when you start it. I've got it in my PS+ library but I've never got round to playing it.

20 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It's fun, but really weird and confusing. The first half of the game had basically no story, and now the second half has hour long cutscenes and epic bosses. It's very strange. It isn't bad though, and I am enjoying it.

I'm glad that your enjoying it. :) It seems like it needs balancing a little better with the cutscenes and gameplay but I'm glad it's good overall.

@BillyHorrible, I hope you have fun outside and enjoy the sun! :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SyIaris said:

No problem, hope you have fun with them! Any in particular you're planning to tackle?

Don't know yet, depends on the theme. From Assassin's Creed I only have big troublesome titles left so I think I'll keep those for the winter.

July: I don't have a 100% or platinum at the ready for these themes.

Past - I guess I could finish the story of God Of War: Ascension, would also count for my own backlog event. Or I could finally play through Apotheon, which would also count for the backlog event.

Present - will probably not be chosen.

Future - I dunno. Should be able to run through Crysis in a few days I think. Or Enslaved.

August: Don't know what you'll do with the theme "places" so I'll see what you think up first. I've got games set all over the globe so I should be fine.

4 hours ago, SyIaris said:

I know what you mean. Running something that's just going to spit out more heat isn't terribly appealing when you're already roasting.

Indeed. Better chill outside with a handheld and a cocktail!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Don't know yet, depends on the theme. From Assassin's Creed I only have big troublesome titles left so I think I'll keep those for the winter.

July: I don't have a 100% or platinum at the ready for these themes.

Past - I guess I could finish the story of God Of War: Ascension, would also count for my own backlog event. Or I could finally play through Apotheon, which would also count for the backlog event.

Present - will probably not be chosen.

Future - I dunno. Should be able to run through Crysis in a few days I think. Or Enslaved.

August: Don't know what you'll do with the theme "places" so I'll see what you think up first. I've got games set all over the globe so I should be fine.

Indeed. Better chill outside with a handheld and a cocktail!

Makes sense, don't need to be stuck on a huge one when the weather's nice.

Sounds like some good ones. Think Apotheon's supposed to be pretty short, same with Enslaved... not as familiar with the other two.

No thinking up required, Falion gave us his list when we took over.  ;)  It's general enough that I doubt there'll be much trouble with the options.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Makes sense, don't need to be stuck on a huge one when the weather's nice.

Sounds like some good ones. Think Apotheon's supposed to be pretty short, same with Enslaved... not as familiar with the other two.

No thinking up required, Falion gave us his list when we took over.  ;)  It's general enough that I doubt there'll be much trouble with the options.

We'll see, it's too warm to be bothered with thinking about themes, I'll figure something out.

Think I'll go semi inactive on the threads as well. I'll make sure to at least get a silver trophy in this event for both July and August though.

• Like 1

Since I posted it on Billy's event I'll just copy that.

It's finally over. I got the plat for GTA Vice City just now.

After my first playthrough with nearly 27h with the cut version, it only took 22h 30mins this time with around 4h rubberbanding for the Godfather trophy, which means it took me only 18h 30mins for 100%.

That's only 13h slower than the record according to speedrun.com. :P

Although Vice City is a great game I'm glad it's over. Being forced to do a second playthrough because of the German age conroll is bullshit.

That means a new platinum star, a challenge star for another event (Billy's What the Hell is that still doing there event), my first retro star (This game is from 2002.) and a hardcore star. (According to a GTA quiz I did in the last few days there are 15 games. There're at least more than 5)

For the rest of the mont I might play Grim Legends.

• Like 2

I know I haven't updated in awhile. My new job has kept me super busy, that outside of a few pockets on weekends, I no longer have much time for gaming. So it is with great disappointment that I withdraw from this backlog event for the rest of the year. Things aren't going to let up for 6 months, and by then, this will pretty much be a wrap. It has been fun, and it has done me good. My backlog whittled from 11 to 8, and by the end of this month, it will be 6, though no games that I complete will be part of the theme for the month.

I thank @xFalionx for letting me be part of this, and I thank the rest of you for continuing to let me be a part of it in this new thread. I'll be checking in from time to time.

• Like 2

So... I did some major editing on the main post and FUBAR'd it, but I think it's fine now. If you catch something wrong, let me know and I'll fix it.  :facepalm:

4 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Since I posted it on Billy's event I'll just copy that.

It's finally over. I got the plat for GTA Vice City just now.

After my first playthrough with nearly 27h with the cut version, it only took 22h 30mins this time with around 4h rubberbanding for the Godfather trophy, which means it took me only 18h 30mins for 100%.

That's only 13h slower than the record according to speedrun.com. :P

Although Vice City is a great game I'm glad it's over. Being forced to do a second playthrough because of the German age conroll is bullshit.

That means a new platinum star, a challenge star for another event (Billy's What the Hell is that still doing there event), my first retro star (This game is from 2002.) and a hardcore star. (According to a GTA quiz I did in the last few days there are 15 games. There're at least more than 5)

For the rest of the mont I might play Grim Legends.

Congratulations on getting it wrapped up! Updated your listing.

Being forced to do another run because of restrictions or glitches is always awful, but I'm impressed you pushed through in the end. :yay:

3 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I know I haven't updated in awhile. My new job has kept me super busy, that outside of a few pockets on weekends, I no longer have much time for gaming. So it is with great disappointment that I withdraw from this backlog event for the rest of the year. Things aren't going to let up for 6 months, and by then, this will pretty much be a wrap. It has been fun, and it has done me good. My backlog whittled from 11 to 8, and by the end of this month, it will be 6, though no games that I complete will be part of the theme for the month.

I thank @xFalionx for letting me be part of this, and I thank the rest of you for continuing to let me be a part of it in this new thread. I'll be checking in from time to time.

I'm sorry to see you go, but sometimes life just has to take priority. You've been moved to the inactive section and can always be moved back if things lighten up. Best of luck to you.  :)

Not bad progress at all, well done!