[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

On 10/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, SyIaris said:

I'm so sorry to hear life's giving you trouble. Hope your parents are doing better soon and work settles down.

I hope so too.

My mom's doing a bit better but I want to keep a closer eye on her since she just got released from the hospital.

As for work, it gets busy in the run up to Christmas and then there's the lull after new year's, so I'm hoping to get back to being active this coming January.

47 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

There's only one objective in the game-- grab the 36 fragments-- so there's not much by way of story. However, if you're not used to platformers, this game might not be so easy... I'm just OK at them and was worried that I might not be able to do the 6-minute speedrun. Just took practice and patience though. So it's not the typical easy game as you do need a little skill... and the art is pretty nice too :)

Sounds a lot better than most of the super short ones. ^_^

5 minutes ago, cerafinn said:

I hope so too.

My mom's doing a bit better but I want to keep a closer eye on her since she just got released from the hospital.

As for work, it gets busy in the run up to Christmas and then there's the lull after new year's, so I'm hoping to get back to being active this coming January.

Glad to hear! Even a little bit's better, and not being stuck in the hospital should be more relaxing for her.

Makes sense, still hope it won't be too much to deal with along with everything else.

Everyone should be up to date in time for Sy to do the major update. Let me know if I've missed you. Life is strange plat image doesn't work on this site for some reason so you get a slightly larger image.

For this month I played Assassin's Creed 2. It was always one of my favorites and I rememebr why, it was a lot of fun and has aged quite well

• Like 1

Rollover to the new theme! Thanks to @Kevvik for the winning entry.  :yay:

You still have a bit of time to finish up an entry for October, and November's will be accepted starting now.

November's Theme: Sequelitis!

Play a game which is a follow-up in a series. Reboots qualify as later entries not starters
HC: the game must be at least the 5th entry in the series.

This month's options are wide open - go nuts! Sequels can be a chance for a company to refine a successful game and may be even better than earlier entries, so don't be afraid to dive in!

Ex: Infamous 2, Witcher 3, Persona 4 Golden
HC ex: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur V, Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

*Another particularly notable option: nearly every Final Fantasy game that has a trophy list qualifies for the HC challenge.

Don't have an October game for you, if you'd like to submit one - the old theme's in the first post.  :)

@BrutalLooter

@Fitzquaid

@Jesaya815

@KawaiiSlowpoke

@Kent10201

@PermaFox

@Psy-Tychist

@scarishbal

@ShogunCroCop

@vin_rob

@Yomako01

11 hours ago, Dessane said:

Everyone should be up to date in time for Sy to do the major update. Let me know if I've missed you. Life is strange plat image doesn't work on this site for some reason so you get a slightly larger image.

For this month I played Assassin's Creed 2. It was always one of my favorites and I rememebr why, it was a lot of fun and has aged quite well

Thanks, very helpful timing! I think Life is Strange is one of those fun whitetransparent image on the forum's white background deals. Should be good now.

Nice game choice, too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I will be playing Persona 5 this month so I'm finally going for the HC requirement after a long time :dance:

Great choice! I've heard a lot of good about that one.

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

@SyIaris I’d like to use my first skip please. 

No problem, got you down with Steins;Gate.  :)

• Like 2

@SyIaris sorry, not sure why I'm late last view months...

Ok, I'm gonna post my games for the month... 

I got the platinum in Shadow of the tomb raider.

• Hardcore, there are trophy's you need to be stealthy... 
  • Part of another event: This game is also part of the gaming by numbers 

I also got the platinum for Beyond Two Souls.

• Hardcore, again there are some trophy's you need to be stealthy for (like finish part x without being seen)
  • Part of another event: This game was part of a Kill Your Completion Event and the gaming by numbers

When I actually decided to not go back to this game for the multiplayer trophies.. @MarkusT1992 sort of "persuaded" me. So I got the platinum for Tomb Raider: Definite Edition as well this month...

• Hardcore, like the other tomb raider, there are trophy's you need to be stealthy for like kill x amount of enemy's
  • Part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers
  • Over a year: It took me 2 years and 6 months.
  • You could also say this game would have been on my backlog way longer if it wasn't for the event and of course @MarkusT1992

And then a game I didn't get a platinum in Journey, I did get all the trophies there just isn't a platinum for this game. 

• Hardcore?: There is a trophy you can't be seen in an area.
  • over a year: 2 years and a month 
  • part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers

But then yet again another platinum for Dishonored the Definitive Edition

• Hardcore: There is a trophy you can't be seen in the entire game... And there are more
  • over a year: 1 year and 4 months
  • part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers but also a Kill Your Completion event. 

I think this is what I did most of my month lol. 

• Like 1

I got another game for this month done with Spy Chameleon

• Hardcore: You needn't be seen, otherwise it's start over
  • Other Event: It counts for the Gaming by numbers event.

I try to get Journey finished but I still need some people for the last trophy.

End of month stats:

Platinum trophies: +22

100% completed: +4

Completion: +5.81%

Edited by MarkusT1992

To anyone that voted in the polls earlier: you might make sure your name's in there. They were doing something screwy and I had to wipe/redo them. Sorry for the trouble.  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, vin_rob said:

@SyIaris sorry, not sure why I'm late last view months...

Ok, I'm gonna post my games for the month... 

I got the platinum in Shadow of the tomb raider.

• Hardcore, there are trophy's you need to be stealthy... 
  • Part of another event: This game is also part of the gaming by numbers 

I also got the platinum for Beyond Two Souls.

• Hardcore, again there are some trophy's you need to be stealthy for (like finish part x without being seen)
  • Part of another event: This game was part of a Kill Your Completion Event and the gaming by numbers

When I actually decided to not go back to this game for the multiplayer trophies.. @MarkusT1992 sort of "persuaded" me. So I got the platinum for Tomb Raider: Definite Edition as well this month...

• Hardcore, like the other tomb raider, there are trophy's you need to be stealthy for like kill x amount of enemy's
  • Part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers
  • Over a year: It took me 2 years and 6 months.
  • You could also say this game would have been on my backlog way longer if it wasn't for the event and of course @MarkusT1992

And then a game I didn't get a platinum in Journey, I did get all the trophies there just isn't a platinum for this game. 

• Hardcore?: There is a trophy you can't be seen in an area.
  • over a year: 2 years and a month 
  • part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers

But then yet again another platinum for Dishonored the Definitive Edition

• Hardcore: There is a trophy you can't be seen in the entire game... And there are more
  • over a year: 1 year and 4 months
  • part of another event: "What the hell is that still doing there" and again the gaming by numbers but also a Kill Your Completion event. 

I think this is what I did most of my month lol. 

Hey, no problem. I just ping people in case they intended to post but forgot - does help to get it before it's very far into the next month, though. ^_^

Impressive progress! Should have you updated for all of those and the four a month. Let me know if you'd like icons swapped around, you certainly added enough options.

Yep, trophy requiring it counts for Journey even if the area you get it in doesn't otherwise.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I got another game for this month done with Spy Chameleon

• Hardcore: You needn't be seen, otherwise it's start over
  • Other Event: It counts for the Gaming by numbers event.

I try to get Journey finished but I still need some people for the last trophy.

End of month stats:

100% completed: +4

Completion: +5.81%

Updated.

Need me to redownload it and see if it'll stick me in with you? I had pretty decent luck waiting at the front of the bridge you need to repair, but Halloween probably isn't an ideal time to try for it...

45 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Updated.

Need me to redownload it and see if it'll stick me in with you? I had pretty decent luck waiting at the front of the bridge you need to repair, but Halloween probably isn't an ideal time to try for it...

Thanks for the offer but I only need like 4 more to get to 10.

I'll try to get the remaining people tomorrow. I doubt that I will find somebody in the middle of the night.

I probably just go through the game twice more. That should be enough to meet the last people.

OK, end month stats..

Finished 6 platinums but only The Talos Principle qualified for the theme this month as I stated in my update a few days ago  Other than that were a bunch of misc plats: Sound Shapes, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Soul Calibur V, Adventure Time and Word Sudoku by POWGI.

Monthly

Plats: +6

100%: NC

Completion rate: +1.32%

Event

Plats: 135 (+32 for event)

100%: 48 (+4 for event)

Completion rate: 81.89% (+2.88% for event)

Time to Kill My Completion again so we'll see how far that drops this month.  Got Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault in the breech right now so hopefully we can knock off the theme (and HC) early this month.  Been side working on Hitman: Absolution as well so we'll see how things go.

The last few months have not been great for me, gaming-wise - things have been eventful with work and my family (nothing serious), and I just haven't made time to focus on games.  Apologies for the disappearing act.

I did finish a couple of short games in October (428 Shibuya Scramble and Overcooked), but neither of them could be said to have a stealth system by any stretch of the imagination!  Could I use a skip for the month please, if possible?

This month's theme should be easier - I started Shenmue 2 and have been meaning to get back to it.

13 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Updated.

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Thanks for the offer but I only need like 4 more to get to 10.

I'll try to get the remaining people tomorrow. I doubt that I will find somebody in the middle of the night.

I probably just go through the game twice more. That should be enough to meet the last people.

I just got the Wonder trophy in Journey. If it isn't too late I'd like to submit Journey as my 4th game this month.

If you still count it, it qualifies for the following challenges

• Hardcore: Like @vin_rob said there's a trophy for not being seen by the Guardians in one level
  • 4 in a month: Far Cry Primal, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Spy Chameleon and Journey.

Just in case, here are my adjusted stats if Journey counts

100% completed: +5

Completion: +5.83%

Alrighty... just finished up my first game for this month:

Syberia 3

1S344c23.png

As you can probably tell by the title, it's the third Syberia game, so it counts for the theme, but not the HC requirement.

This also counts for the Other Event challenge as it's one of the games I'm playing for Kill Your Completion.

Also-- for anyone scoping out games for the upcoming December theme... this would fit with the Snow option.... but honestly, don't waste your time with this game. It's a buggy mess.

• Like 1

Got Assassin's Creed: Origins plat. Going for 100% now.

This fits the November theme, as well as Hardcore.

So now I'll ply Infamous: Second Son, which is also a sequel game. This is to satisify the challenge of playing a game for this event that I otherwise would have never played.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

It turns out that I was coming up on my 40th platinum which I'd wanted to be the Witcher 3, to make up for my previous milestones being completely random. 

So, after a speedy 3 years and 1 month, that's my sequel for November.

1L109344.png

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +5

Completion: +5.31%

• Like 1

So, it doesn't get much more hardcore than this:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Of course, Dynasty Warriors 8 immediately passes the hardcore requirement. But Empires titles are always the third in the game sequence. And this is the 5th Empires title. God - Koei really does love its rinse-and-repeat sequels. 

I'll post my stats soon, but I have to get to work now. Also, I'm currently working on another sequel (this time, it's Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends, which again is a mess of sequels rolled into one).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2