[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Syberia 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event

Syberia II 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event

Next is South Park: SOT and Until Dawn (I guess also the DLC)

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 9

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 30.27%

(Platinum trophy earned from XBlaze Lost : Memories, which does not qualify for this event)

@Pikachu I'm a proud premium member now!

Edited by Lorajet
Update text
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 6:35 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Personal update: Last week I've Plat Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. So I'm claiming a Platinum Grade for this month (the continent in the northwest part of the map is entirely covered by snow), and a Golden Star in "Another PSNP event" challenge (this game were also listed as part of "WTHITSDT Backlog Event" - I don't know if that event is still active, but anyways...).

Since I have not posted any personal updated status for a while, I'm posting them now:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +47

100% completed: +29

Completion: +4.57%

I've decided to start WRC 5 anyway (stages in France/Monaco and Sweden features snow), but this game is quite awful, so I can simply finish this game in January after instead... I've also re-started Atelier Sophie, but I think this game does not feature snow at any point of it (this game will be played anyway :lol:).

Congrats on finishing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch! :D I've updated your stats for you.

Oh dear, I don't envy you playing WRC 5 then! Are you planning to go for the platinum? Have fun with Atelier Sophie! :D 

@Dessane, Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post! :) If you have any questions then feel free to ask! :) 

@Lorajet, you, my friend are on a roll this week! Well Done on finishing the next Syberia! :P I've updated your stats for you and good luck with your next game! :D 

Woo Woo! Glad to see that your now a Premium Member! :D 

Edited by Pikachu
  • Like 2

Completed my first eligible game for this event today :) I just picked up the Plat for South Park: The Stick of Truth which also fills the criteria for the hardcore requirement as the snow is there all game.  This was also a game for the event  The Code of the Elves  which I think is a challenge. Glad I could get on the board before the end of the year.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 9:14 AM, Dessane said:

Completed my first eligible game for this event today :) I just picked up the Plat for South Park: The Stick of Truth which also fills the criteria for the hardcore requirement as the snow is there all game.  This was also a game for the event  The Code of the Elves  which I think is a challenge. Glad I could get on the board before the end of the year.

Hey Dessane! Congrats on finishing your first game of the event! Here's to a whole lot more coming your way! :D I've updated your stats for you. 

• Like 1

I got the :platinum: in Telltales Game of Thrones.

There's one part of the game in a snowy region.

The game made me buy the first season of the show. Let's see if it is as good as everyone says.

Here's the picture for this month: 1S9945a1.png

Shouldn't you start a poll for next month? It's only a bit over 10 days till January and we don't have the exact theme.

• Like 1

So, it looks like Fresh Start is the theme for January 2018.  I can see maybe Infamous: Second Son would qualify, are there any other suggestions now that the sales are going on? ?

On 12/17/2017 at 1:14 AM, Dessane said:

OMG, I'm fighting Al Gore in this one and getting my ass whomped.  Any suggestions?

• Like 2

I finished my game for the month Final Fantasy X it was a tought one but I'm proud of it :lol: it also counts for the event The Code Of The Elves wich fills the require for one of the challenges but I completed in the October theme tvent and idk if I can beat the challenge every month of just once a year, anyways I'll be playing Borderlands now, it fits the theme since there's snowy levels as well ?

3 hours ago, Lorajet said:

So, it looks like Fresh Start is the theme for January 2018.  I can see maybe Infamous: Second Son would qualify, are there any other suggestions now that the sales are going on? 1f61c.png

OMG, I'm fighting Al Gore in this one and getting my ass whomped.  Any suggestions?

Which fight is it? If it is the one with the secret service guys focus on burning them down as compared to them Gore does like nothing. I think I had the beach ball or the Batdadarang (most likely batdadarang but I replaced it with beach ball as soon as I got it) as my ranged weapon with a sticker that gives it bleed on a perfect attack (mine was 2 bleed, 1 would work) a perfect range attack will put max stacks of bleed on all three of them which is a massive amount of damage right there. I also had a fire patch on my melee weapon to add fire to the guys as I burned them down.

Butters was my go to partner in that one since he has the passive taunt and you can revive him when he goes down and his heal is super useful since he can do that and attack. Definitely don't use Kenny since when he goes onto his revive timer the two secret service guys will just destroy you.

Took me a couple of tries but this is the strategy that worked for me :) 

• Like 1

Well, I'll be busy for the next week, and it might be difficult to check in so I'll just include my December game: Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion. There are many wintry and snowy areas. I wanted to finish a different game, but the one I'm playing now doesn't have a snow area.

Edited by Edunstar84

Okay I've done a little tweaking of the main post as I've added the Themes to the top of the page, added the poll for January (thank you for reminding me @MarkusT1992 :) ) and have moved a couple of participants to the inactive section as they haven't updated for months. 

On 19/12/2017 at 2:08 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

I got the :platinum: in Telltales Game of Thrones.

There's one part of the game in a snowy region.

The game made me buy the first season of the show. Let's see if it is as good as everyone says.

Here's the picture for this month: 1S9945a1.png

Shouldn't you start a poll for next month? It's only a bit over 10 days till January and we don't have the exact theme.

Thanks for the updated and well done on finishing your December game :). I've updated your stats for you.

Thank you for the reminder, I tell you I have a brain like a goldfish sometimes :D 

12 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I finished my game for the month Final Fantasy X it was a tought one but I'm proud of it :lol: it also counts for the event The Code Of The Elves wich fills the require for one of the challenges but I completed in the October theme tvent and idk if I can beat the challenge every month of just once a year, anyways I'll be playing Borderlands now, it fits the theme since there's snowy levels as well 1f601.png

Woo Woo! Congrats on finishing your game! :D I've updated your stats for you. As regards to the challenges, you can complete any of the challenges as many times as you want to! :) So go to town on those challenges! :P 

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I'll be busy for the next week, and it might be difficult to check in so I'll just include my December game: Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion. There are many wintry and snowy areas. I wanted to finish a different game, but the one I'm playing now doesn't have a snow area.

Congrats on finishing your December game! I've updated your stats for you! :) 

I haven't completed my game for December yet, although I hope to start and complete South Park: The Stick of Truth before the year is up. However, I was looking to see if I had completed any DLC that fit one of the monthly themes (as that's the only challenge I'm missing) and I noticed I completed The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC in October which counted for the spooky theme. I don't know if it's too late for it to count as I didn't update that here in October but if it does I'd appreciate it if you could update that for me :). I've nearly completed my entire trophy card, I just have to complete a game for this month :dance:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I haven't completed my game for December yet, although I hope to start and complete South Park: The Stick of Truth before the year is up. However, I was looking to see if I had completed any DLC that fit one of the monthly themes (as that's the only challenge I'm missing) and I noticed I completed The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC in October which counted for the spooky theme. I don't know if it's too late for it to count as I didn't update that here in October but if it does I'd appreciate it if you could update that for me :). I've nearly completed my entire trophy card, I just have to complete a game for this month :dance:.

Hey Kent! Yeah of course I can count that DLC for the challenge and I have updated that for you! Well done on finishing your trophy card for this year (I'm sure you'll finish a game for this month :P:shakefist:

16 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I'd like to come back to this in 2018. I'll have much more time starting in January.

Platinums: 39

100% Completed: 52

Completion %: 61.65

Hey, it's good to see you back in the event again! I've re-added you to the main post but I've had to start you with a fresh new 2018 template as I don't know where your 2017 stats are. They must have gotten deleted by accident or the editing bugged or something like that. Anyway, I'll add your stats in when January comes around just in case you earn any new platinums, 100% or your completion changes. I hope you have fun in the event next year! :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey, it's good to see you back in the event again! I've re-added you to the main post but I've had to start you with a fresh new 2018 template as I don't know where your 2017 stats are. They must have gotten deleted by accident or the editing bugged or something like that. Anyway, I'll add your stats in when January comes around just in case you earn any new platinums, 100% or your completion changes. I hope you have fun in the event next year! :) 

Thanks. Looking forward to it

• Like 1

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 (no Pokémon any more?)

Would a demo game count for the event?

I just downloaded the demo for Pic-a-Pix Deluxe, which releases in January. Turns out the Switch counts it as an actual game (as in, it records your playtime for it, which it doesn't do for all demos). It's also a special Christmas edition of the game, with twelve themed puzzles that probably aren't in the actual full game later because it releases after the holidays. So this might be seen as a small free game separate from the actual game it's a demo for.

Rdy2j5Z.jpg

jcHi9Xn.jpg

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 (no Pokémon any more?)

Would a demo game count for the event?

I just downloaded the demo for Pic-a-Pix Deluxe, which releases in January. Turns out the Switch counts it as an actual game (as in, it records your playtime for it, which it doesn't do for all demos). It's also a special Christmas edition of the game, with twelve themed puzzles that probably aren't in the actual full game later because it releases after the holidays. So this might be seen as a small free game separate from the actual game it's a demo for.

Rdy2j5Z.jpg

jcHi9Xn.jpg

I know :( But I fancied a change lol

Yeah, I think I'd be willing to count that towards your theme for this month. Let me know when you've finished it and if you can find me a little picture for your card, then I'll add it in for you :).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I know :( But I fancied a change lol

Yeah, I think I'd be willing to count that towards your theme for this month. Let me know when you've finished it and if you can find me a little picture for your card, then I'll add it in for you :).

Will do. I tried one puzzle for myself, decided I'll play the others with my wife so I expect to complete this on either the 25th or the 26th :)

I'll make an icon for whichever puzzle looks cool and has snow in it.

Edit: I also just bought VS. Super Mario Bros. from the Arcade Archives (it's the arcade version of the original, with some tough levels that were rereleased in the The Lost Levels game). If it's like the SNES rerelease of the NES game, it should have a snow world. Don't know if I'll get through it in time though.

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Will do. I tried one puzzle for myself, decided I'll play the others with my wife so I expect to complete this on either the 25th or the 26th :)

I'll make an icon for whichever puzzle looks cool and has snow in it.

Edit: I also just bought VS. Super Mario Bros. from the Arcade Archives (it's the arcade version of the original, with some tough levels that were rereleased in the The Lost Levels game). If it's like the SNES rerelease of the NES game, it should have a snow world. Don't know if I'll get through it in time though.

Okay, have fun with it! :) 

Oh I'll look forward to that then & VS. Super Mario Bros. sounds pretty cool for the theme and it would also count for the Retro challenge as well. But if you do finish it in time, then you'll have to remind me of that because, knowing me, I'll probably forget :D 

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay, have fun with it! :) 

Oh I'll look forward to that then & VS. Super Mario Bros. sounds pretty cool for the theme and it would also count for the Retro challenge as well. But if you do finish it in time, then you'll have to remind me of that because, knowing me, I'll probably forget :D 

It counting for the retro challenge is actually why I'm thinking about finishing it in time for the event; it's the only challenge I did not do yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

It counting for the retro challenge is actually why I'm thinking about finishing it in time for the event; it's the only challenge I did not do yet.

Okay, that sounds like a great plan then! :) 

1 hour ago, XX_FTW said:

I think I’d like to join in January. I’ve been really inactive the last year or so (and I think my trophy progress took a hit for it) and want to get back into it. I’ll post my stats at the end of the year.

Hey! :D Welcome to the event! If you have any questions about the event at all, then feel free to ask away! :) I hope you enjoy the event.

Syberia 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

Syberia II 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

South Park SoT 100% ✔️Snow   ✔️Hard Core

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 11

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 31.01%