[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

5 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Uh yeah I got confused beetween Challenges and HC ahcivements xD I think I'll be playing Final Fantasy X for this month's theme, that's gonna be a tought one 1f605.png

Haha no problem! If you need anything else clearing up, then just ask :). Good luck with Final Fantasy X! :D What makes it tough? 

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Haha no problem! If you need anything else clearing up, then just ask :). Good luck with Final Fantasy X! :D What makes it tough? 

it demands you to farm a lot for every single character, You really have to farm a lot and it easy to make mistakes while you develop your characters if you don't plan it with time, funny thing is I already plat Final Fntasy X-2 wich is a 6% plat while X is a 8% so it should be easiser I guess ?

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I chose the snow theme for next month. If anyone has any problems choosing, I'll leave this here. It's a list of 150 games that feature snow. It's a very varied list, so there has to be something there for everybody.

Thanks for the list. I already found two games I could play next month if snow wins. One being Game of Thrones from Telltale, which is, as far as I know, the only fully released TT game I haven't played yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Thanks for the list. I already found two games I could play next month if snow wins. One being Game of Thrones from Telltale, which is, as far as I know, the only fully released TT game I haven't played yet.

No problem. I'll try to find another site that compiles a list for games with ice, and maybe a Christmas one too.

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I chose the snow theme for next month. If anyone has any problems choosing, I'll leave this here. It's a list of 150 games that feature snow. It's a very varied list, so there has to be something there for everybody.

Now that is a good sized list of games! Great job Edunstar! :D I've added the link to the OP so everyone can reference it if they need any help! 

I'm going to do Fable 2 I think as I've made a new Xbox account and no Xbox achievement list would be any good without a Fable game!

• Like 1

I've been looking for Christmas games on PS3/PS4, but I can't find a single one that's Christmas start to finish. There's a few DLC packs for games like Saints Row IV and Costume Quest, and there's games with Christmas areas like Kingdom Hearts II, but nothing that's just a Christmas game.

So I ended up voting for snow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I've been looking for Christmas games on PS3/PS4, but I can't find a single one that's Christmas start to finish. There's a few DLC packs for games like Saints Row IV and Costume Quest, and there's games with Christmas areas like Kingdom Hearts II, but nothing that's just a Christmas game.

So I ended up voting for snow.

Well, the HC is that Christmas should be involved in the story. Won't say why or when Christmas is part of its story but South Park: The Fractured But Whole could count, for instance. I interpret the HC not as "the entire story needs to involve Christmas" but more "Christmas needs to be part of the story".

Nevertheless, I voted snow as well. Much more options, and much less holiday related to a specific religion.

2 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Well, the HC is that Christmas should be involved in the story. Won't say why or when Christmas is part of its story but South Park: The Fractured But Whole could count, for instance. I interpret the HC not as "the entire story needs to involve Christmas" but more "Christmas needs to be part of the story".

Nevertheless, I voted snow as well. Much more options, and much less holiday related to a specific religion.

Oh I know. I just found it strange there weren't any Christmas themed games. Seems like something that would be really overdone.

Just now, ExHaseo said:

Oh I know. I just found it strange there weren't any Christmas themed games. Seems like something that would be really overdone.

On Steam, probably. Hard to sell a big game if it's just about Christmas as that holiday is more spending time with family. Watching a movie together works, watching one member play a videogame doesn't. 

Wasn't Arkham City set during Christmas?

Personal update: I finished Madden NFL 11 - it will grant me the Platinum Grade for this month, plus Golden Stars on "Another PSNP event" challenge (I'd listed this game on the current season of "A Casual Attack"), and on Hardcore challenge (11-vs-11 matches).

Here's my updated status:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +44

100% completed: +27

Completion: +4.08%

• Like 2

On 02/11/2017 at 2:50 AM, Kent10201 said:

I completed Nightmares from the Deep in October which counts for the theme. 

Current Completion: 49.29%

Current Plats: 78

Current 100%s: 6

Hey Kent! :) Congrats on finishing your game for October! :) Thanks for the easy to copy stats!

On 02/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Tried to find some Christmas themed games. It's very difficult to find. I will try again though. But it is surprising. I thought there would be more.

Yeah, it can be pretty tricky to find any based around Christmas as I'm always looking for a Christmas platinum. Thank you for looking for some though, we all appreciate it! :D 

Good luck with the game your playing! I'll look forward to updating you.

On 06/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Personal update: I finished Madden NFL 11 - it will grant me the Platinum Grade for this month, plus Golden Stars on "Another PSNP event" challenge (I'd listed this game on the current season of "A Casual Attack"), and on Hardcore challenge (11-vs-11 matches).

Here's my updated status:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +44

100% completed: +27

Completion: +4.08%

Well done on finishing your games! I've updated your stats for you and thanks again for the easy copy-paste stats! :) Any plans on what your going to play next?

• Like 1

I just bought the Snipperclips DLC and Octodad for the Switch, both can be played in co-op by four players, so I might have something for the theme yet.

Too bad Octodad didn't release in October, using the game for October would be pretty punny and in line with the silliness of the game itself. I have already proven on PS4 that I can 100% the game on the requirements of the PS4 version (which is not the same as actually 100%ing the game as the PS4 version, unlike the Vita version, has no trophy for getting all collectables) so I guess replaying it on the Switch could count as a :gold: . Or if we're going by actual game 100%, still a :silver: , though in that case I have the Battlefront II story too. Even if I get the AC Origins platinum in time, I don't think it would count for the theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I just bought the Snipperclips DLC and Octodad for the Switch, both can be played in co-op by four players, so I might have something for the theme yet.

Too bad Octodad didn't release in October, using the game for October would be pretty punny and in line with the silliness of the game itself. I have already proven on PS4 that I can 100% the game on the requirements of the PS4 version (which is not the same as actually 100%ing the game as the PS4 version, unlike the Vita version, has no trophy for getting all collectables) so I guess replaying it on the Switch could count as a :gold: . Or if we're going by actual game 100%, still a :silver: , though in that case I have the Battlefront II story too. Even if I get the AC Origins platinum in time, I don't think it would count for the theme.

Hey Billy! :) 

Urm I think we could go by the PS4 version as you already have that so we can use that to check it out so I'd give you a gold trophy if you do everything in it that is comparable with the PS4 trophy list. Have you completed the Battlefront II story? If so then you can use that if you don't have time to do Octodad. 

Oooo how's AC Origins? I've got it on my Christmas list :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Hey Billy! :) 

Urm I think we could go by the PS4 version as you already have that so we can use that to check it out so I'd give you a gold trophy if you do everything in it that is comparable with the PS4 trophy list. Have you completed the Battlefront II story? If so then you can use that if you don't have time to do Octodad. 

Oooo how's AC Origins? I've got it on my Christmas list :D 

Battlefront II isn't out yet :)

I will play the solo campaign right away and it's supposed to be short enough so I know I'll make it in the weekend of release. Which is a week from now, in case you're wondering.

AC Origins: what I have played was really cool, much better than Revelations/Unity/Syndicate, but unfortunately I have still played less than ten hours. I hope I'll have some more time for it after Battlefront II.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pikachu said:

(...)

Well done on finishing your games! I've updated your stats for you and thanks again for the easy copy-paste stats! :) Any plans on what your going to play next?

Well, I'm focusing on Ni no Kuni - I don't know if I will finish it this month or in the next one, but actually I don't care about when I will finish it... (however, if "games with snow" would be chosen as December's theme - probably will be... :P - Ni no Kuni will be eligible for both this and next months (there's an entirely snowy continent...).

However, i'm thinking of having Ni no Kuni's Platinum as my 190th Platinum (now I have 187), but excepting Ni no Kuni, I'm working on games that I'm not near to Platinum or even games where their Platinums are out of question for me (like PES 2015 and 2016, which Plat's are impossible for me, but I've listed them on "A Casual Attack"), and I don't wanna start a new game for now... (excepting F1 2017, which I will start for my own pleasure...).

Probably I will complete Ni no Kuni in December, together with a WRC 5 game (there are snowy tracks on them) and any 'non-eligible for December' game. About Golden Stars for a month, I'm sitll thinking if I will try anyone this month...

• Like 1

Got the platinum for Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire. You play as Octavia Cecille, the new Regent, but as she goes back home a "traitor" gathers supporters to take up arms against the empire. Anyway she acquires a book with magical powers that enables her to summon exemplars to help her get home. That's where the team element kicks in. Cecille is able to summon 3 to help her dispatch the numerous enemies and monsters in the many areas of the empire.

Even better news is that it's ultra rare, bad news is that they is next to no info about the game, so had to play the game almost blind. There are so many choices that it's almost impossible to record and gather info on the consequences.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cubone said:

Battlefront II isn't out yet :)

I will play the solo campaign right away and it's supposed to be short enough so I know I'll make it in the weekend of release. Which is a week from now, in case you're wondering.

AC Origins: what I have played was really cool, much better than Revelations/Unity/Syndicate, but unfortunately I have still played less than ten hours. I hope I'll have some more time for it after Battlefront II.

Oh right, sorry haha :) That was definitely a tired comment from me haha! Thanks for letting me know :).

Ah cool, I'm glad your enjoying it so far though. 

3 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Well, I'm focusing on Ni no Kuni - I don't know if I will finish it this month or in the next one, but actually I don't care about when I will finish it... (however, if "games with snow" would be chosen as December's theme - probably will be... :P - Ni no Kuni will be eligible for both this and next months (there's an entirely snowy continent...).

However, i'm thinking of having Ni no Kuni's Platinum as my 190th Platinum (now I have 187), but excepting Ni no Kuni, I'm working on games that I'm not near to Platinum or even games where their Platinums are out of question for me (like PES 2015 and 2016, which Plat's are impossible for me, but I've listed them on "A Casual Attack"), and I don't wanna start a new game for now... (excepting F1 2017, which I will start for my own pleasure...).

Probably I will complete Ni no Kuni in December, together with a WRC 5 game (there are snowy tracks on them) and any 'non-eligible for December' game. About Golden Stars for a month, I'm sitll thinking if I will try anyone this month...

Ah that sounds like a good plan then and it sounds like you've definitely thought out what your going to do! :P How are you finding Ni No Kuni? I tried the demo about a year ago and I just couldn't get into it for some reason. It sounds like the perfect game to do for the last month and a good game to go out on! Good Luck with it! :) 

16 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Has anyone a suggestion for a short game that fits the theme?

I still need anything for this month but don't have much time inbetween my KYC games.

Maybe a Sword Art Online game?

Yeah, I think SAO: Lost Song is a short and easy game. If you're blasting through it should take about a week or so. Also, for your snow theme (I'm sure it'll get picked) may I suggest Unravel.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yeah, I think SAO: Lost Song is a short and easy game. If you're blasting through it should take about a week or so. Also, for your snow theme (I'm sure it'll get picked) may I suggest Unravel.

I guess I could try to complete SAO: Lost Song but don't know if I have enought time for it.

I can't remember seeing snow in Unravel but I could continue with it. What I played so far was good..

I have a few games for next month's snow them I'd like to play thought.

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I guess I could try to complete SAO: Lost Song but don't know if I have enought time for it.

I can't remember seeing snow in Unravel but I could continue with it. What I played so far was good..

I have a few games for next month's snow them I'd like to play thought.

Alrighty then. Yes, there is snow in Unravel - that's all I'll say don't want to spoil it for ya :P