[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

Cheating a bit here currently (and I hope to have a better plat in place), but I decided just to go ahead and plat Star Ocean 3 and Star Ocean 5, for the 10 plats=$10 event from Sony Rewards.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:29 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Has anyone a suggestion for a short game that fits the theme?

Oxenfree, maybe.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Cheating a bit here currently (and I hope to have a better plat in place), but I decided just to go ahead and plat Star Ocean 3 and Star Ocean 5, for the 10 plats=$10 event from Sony Rewards.

Oxenfree, maybe.

Hey! Congrats on finishing your games! :P I've updated your stats. I wish they'd bring the rewards to Europe as I get quite a lot of platinums in a year so it would be a lovely surprise to get a little reward :) Here's hoping they do it sometime in the future! Any plans on what your going to spend your reward on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Edunstar84, sorry this is a little late, I've updated your stats! :D Congrats on finishing your game :). Did you enjoy playing it? It sounds great! You should make a guide and share what you've learnt ;).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Sorry for the late post--been busy with school and a new job. I'm going to use a skip for last month, having gone through and platted Tokyo Xanadu.

Stat Changes

Platinums: +17

100%: +7

Completion: +5.45

Hey! :) It's nice to hear from you! :) I hope your enjoying your new job and school's going well. I've updated your stats and thank you for the easy copy/paste stats :).

Here's a little update from me as well while I'm here! :) 

I've finished Fable: Anniversary today and 1000G'ed it! It's my first 1000G'ed game on my new account so I'm super chuffed with that and I've never managed to get all the Achievements in a Fable game before! On Topic though, you work as a team with the other Heroes in the game and with other people in the world of Albion. I've given myself a Gold trophy because if this was ever brought over to the PlayStation, it would definitely have a platinum trophy. :D 

Edited by Pikachu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

@Edunstar84, sorry this is a little late, I've updated your stats! :D Congrats on finishing your game :). Did you enjoy playing it? It sounds great! You should make a guide and share what you've learnt ;).

Thanks! I'm not sure if I want to because I need to do 2 more fresh playthroughs to be sure of a few things. I might try again in the new year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I got the plat for South Park: The Fractured But Whole which fits this months theme because you play with four characters at a time and the overall roster is around 12. 

Congrats on finishing your game Kent! :D I've updated your stats for you!

21 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Would you count Psycho-Pass for the theme?

You actually only play one charcter but are part of a team sonsiting of 6-8 people. IIRC we didn't say you have to play at least three characters.

Yeah I'd count it for you as I've counted Fable: Anniversary for mine and you only play as one character but have a team consisting of 3/4 heroes that help throughout the story. Hope this helps! :) 

Finished up .hack//G.U. Last Recode, which fits the theme of the month, as well as the hardcore requirements! I also got it for the Weeblympics event, so it works for the other event challenge too. Just need to find a good game for next month now. x_x

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

Well, I'm not going to pick up my Star Wars Battlefront II pre-order so I'll need something else to play for the theme.

I don't think me and my wife will get through Octodad and Snipperclips Plus in time.

I'm playing Alienation later this month for KYC with @MarkusT1992 and someone not in the MM event, so I might just let that one count for a :silver:.

• Like 1

Time for a mid-ish month update.  Really wasn't sure if I was going to have anything for the team thing this month doing another Kill Your Completion event this month, especially with the games I chose, but I kept working away at Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and finally finished the platinum.

While there is a visual novel setup to the storyline half, your ghost hunting is a strategic grid game where you control a team of up to 4 ghost hunters. You move in turn-based style to track and knock out ghosts with minor RPG stat/gear management for your hunters. You can also do additional jobs around Tokyo for extra XP/cash. I've really enjoyed this game having played it through on Vita almost 2 yrs ago and decided I wanted to replay it so I played the PS3 version through PSNow. In a couple years, I'll probably come back to this for the Daybreak: Special Gigs edition to play it again.

So, I get my platinum for the month even if there's no hardcore in sight for me. Heck, I'll be lucky if I finish another game this month.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 2

I don't think I will plat FFX on time, right now I have no internet conection at homse so I can't update my profile, but in spite of that I still need to farm a LOT more, right now I could easily destroy the final bosses and some optional ones, but there are some superbosses that demand you a full farming and also a good startegy, the worst thing is that thanks to the lack of internet conection at home I could'nt use a guide for collectable so I lost 2 Al-Bhed Primes and will need to replay the game to half of the main story in order to get them... That said, I may not plat it on time, but I will plat it for sure, all these inconvenients only makes me want more that :platinum: :eyebrow:

• Like 1

Well, I finished the story of Alienation today and I don't think I'll do any better for this month, as I cancelled on Battlefront II (fuck EA) and I've spent much of my time in single player games  on the Switch (Skyrim and Stardew Valley) that can't be seen as team games in any bending of the event's guidelines (not that I'll finish either before the end of the month, anyway).

Please mark me down as a :silver: for this month, then.

14Sfc76fb.png

• Like 2

On 17/11/2017 at 1:04 AM, ExHaseo said:

Finished up .hack//G.U. Last Recode, which fits the theme of the month, as well as the hardcore requirements! I also got it for the Weeblympics event, so it works for the other event challenge too. Just need to find a good game for next month now. x_x

Hey! :) Sorry for the late update, I've updated your stats for you! :D Well done on getting stars for all of those challenges!

On 22/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, Kevvik said:

Time for a mid-ish month update.  Really wasn't sure if I was going to have anything for the team thing this month doing another Kill Your Completion event this month, especially with the games I chose, but I kept working away at Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and finally finished the platinum.

While there is a visual novel setup to the storyline half, your ghost hunting is a strategic grid game where you control a team of up to 4 ghost hunters. You move in turn-based style to track and knock out ghosts with minor RPG stat/gear management for your hunters. You can also do additional jobs around Tokyo for extra XP/cash. I've really enjoyed this game having played it through on Vita almost 2 yrs ago and decided I wanted to replay it so I played the PS3 version through PSNow. In a couple years, I'll probably come back to this for the Daybreak: Special Gigs edition to play it again.

So, I get my platinum for the month even if there's no hardcore in sight for me. Heck, I'll be lucky if I finish another game this month.

Hey Kevvik, I've updated your stats for you and I'm sorry I've been late in doing so. :) Well done on finishing your games for this month.

On 23/11/2017 at 7:50 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I'm hoping that I am Setsuna will be on sale in December for their 12 days of Christmas sales. Otherwise I'll just do Uncharted 2. I was supposed to start it about now, but I've been stuck on a game I want to finish on my Vita.

That would definitely be a perfect game for next months theme! :D Good Luck with Uncharted if you do start it :) 

On 23/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I don't think I will plat FFX on time, right now I have no internet conection at homse so I can't update my profile, but in spite of that I still need to farm a LOT more, right now I could easily destroy the final bosses and some optional ones, but there are some superbosses that demand you a full farming and also a good startegy, the worst thing is that thanks to the lack of internet conection at home I could'nt use a guide for collectable so I lost 2 Al-Bhed Primes and will need to replay the game to half of the main story in order to get them... That said, I may not plat it on time, but I will plat it for sure, all these inconvenients only makes me want more that :platinum: :eyebrow:

Hey Uchiha_Snake! Sorry for the late reply :(. Good luck with getting the platinum! It sounds like a nightmare haha! I hope you get it though and I know the feeling when it's a super tricky platinum! When you unlock it, it just makes you feel even better and prouder :D.

15 hours ago, Cubone said:

Well, I finished the story of Alienation today and I don't think I'll do any better for this month, as I cancelled on Battlefront II (fuck EA) and I've spent much of my time in single player games  on the Switch (Skyrim and Stardew Valley) that can't be seen as team games in any bending of the event's guidelines (not that I'll finish either before the end of the month, anyway).

Please mark me down as a :silver: for this month, then.

14Sfc76fb.png

Hey Billy! :) I've updated your stats for you! Well done on finishing Alienation :). What's that game like anyway as I've seen quite a few people talking about it and I may get it myself if it sounds good. I would count Skyrim by the way for this month (if you do finish it) as you do sort of fight in a team as you can recruit people to travel with you and you can team up with all of the different guilds. It's up to you though, if you'd like me to count it, then let me know. :) Stardew Valley is so addicting to play isn't it? :D I spent about a month of solid playing of that game and I still wasn't done with everything haha.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Hey Billy! :) I've updated your stats for you! Well done on finishing Alienation :). What's that game like anyway as I've seen quite a few people talking about it and I may get it myself if it sounds good. I would count Skyrim by the way for this month (if you do finish it) as you do sort of fight in a team as you can recruit people to travel with you and you can team up with all of the different guilds. It's up to you though, if you'd like me to count it, then let me know. :) Stardew Valley is so addicting to play isn't it? :D I spent about a month of solid playing of that game and I still wasn't done with everything haha.

Alienation: personally, I'd only play it if I had others to play with. I think there are enough cool games out there that are worth your time and money more.

Skyrim: finishing before the end of the month - kidding, right? Not only is the game massive, I'd have to do all required for the platinum just to upgrade to a :gold: for the month!

I'm over ten hours into the game but I haven't even reached Ivarstead yet. Yeah, I'm not finishing the game this month :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Hey Kevvik, I've updated your stats for you and I'm sorry I've been late in doing so. :) Well done on finishing your games for this month.

No worries, I know how busy things can get. All my gaming has been in short burst this month with a couple of exceptions. We'll see how next month goes as I am on holidays for half of December but travelling too. Go Vita!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

No worries, I know how busy things can get. All my gaming has been in short burst this month with a couple of exceptions. We'll see how next month goes as I am on holidays for half of December but travelling too. Go Vita!

Me, too. I've been working on a game I really wanted to finish, so that I can concentrate on Uncharted 2. It doesn't seem likely though. I might save the game I'm playing now for December's theme. It has several snow areas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Me, too. I've been working on a game I really wanted to finish, so that I can concentrate on Uncharted 2. It doesn't seem likely though. I might save the game I'm playing now for December's theme. It has several snow areas. 

Was there snow in Uncharted 2? Maybe I can clear the game next month then. That would be my 3rd game I'm planing to do next month.

In terms of of this month's theme I got the same as Billy. Only managed to finish the story of Alienation this month together with Billy ond vin_rob.

So a :silver: rank for me and the same picture Billy posted.

Just now, MarkusT1992 said:

Was there snow in Uncharted 2? Maybe I can clear the game next month then. That would be my 3rd game I'm planing to do next month.

In terms of of this month's theme I got the same as Billy. Only managed to finish the story of Alienation this month together with Billy ond vin_rob.

So a :silver: rank for me and the same picture Billy posted.

Don't want to spoil it for you, but yes. It's also on the list.

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I sure have been loving my Switch. Doesn't matter where I am, if I have some moments to game then I can just play whatever I've been playing at home. With the Vita or 3DS, I always had to get games specifically for when I was away.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

Don't want to spoil it for you, but yes. It's also on the list.

Spoil? The snow is already in the opening scene... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cubone said:

I sure have been loving my Switch. Doesn't matter where I am, if I have some moments to game then I can just play whatever I've been playing at home. With the Vita or 3DS, I always had to get games specifically for when I was away.

Yeah, my son loves his but he has wisely been careful in what games he coughs up for.  As a result, he has enjoyed all the games he has bought to the fullest.  Wish I showed that kind of restraint at times.

I find I play the Vita both away and at home as while I have all 3 systems (3/4/V), the rooms all get used quite regularly between my wife and 3 kids (for more than just gaming).  Plus, grinding away on JRPGs/enjoying good puzzle games are not limited strictly to being away for me.

8 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Yeah, my son loves his but he has wisely been careful in what games he coughs up for.  As a result, he has enjoyed all the games he has bought to the fullest.  Wish I showed that kind of restraint at times.

I find I play the Vita both away and at home as while I have all 3 systems (3/4/V), the rooms all get used quite regularly between my wife and 3 kids (for more than just gaming).  Plus, grinding away on JRPGs/enjoying good puzzle games are not limited strictly to being away for me.

Well naturally you're son is selective, he has to get games on an allowance - I was careful what games I bought on the SNES because I'd be replaying them over and over until I could get a new one.

It's not about what genre I want to play when I'm away, it's about the 3DS and especially the Vita being less fun to use than a regular controller, and me wanting to play on the television screen instead of a small handheld screen. The screen of the Switch is bigger, the Switch lies more comfortable in my hands and I've actually been using it in handheld mode a bunch at home, but I started out using it in docked mode when I was at home.