How many gameplay hours have you played?

Valyrious

You need to have subscribed to Playstation's weekly emails to get these emails. I have no idea if it's NA exclusive, but every week I find it interesting to see how much it changes.

pSR05zN.png

It's behind a couple hundred trophies, so clearly the gameplay hours total is not an accurate representation... but still, 5000 hours jesus christ monkey balls.

These updates? https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/sign-in-and-connect/email-sign-up/ That might be the wrong region site, but when I try to go to the US version, I get a 404 error... :hmm:

I wasn't sure if that was it or not because I didn't see a spot to enter your PSN id (unless it just goes by the email associated with it or something).

Edited by Masamune

Mine says 3923 hours. If that's across PS4, PS3, and Vita then it's probably about right, but if it's just PS4 then I imagine it probably keeps tracking time while a game is suspended. My trophy total in the email is also about 500 short, meaning my numbers are from around March 25th. 

@Valyrious I just glanced at your trophy log and it looks like you hit 4188 trophies back in December. I have no idea why their numbers are so out of date.

Edited by Xylobe

18 minutes ago, Masamune said:

These updates? https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/sign-in-and-connect/email-sign-up/

I wasn't sure if that was it or not because I didn't see a spot to enter your PSN id (unless it just goes by the email associated with it or something). :hmm:

What I'm not seeing there is what to put down for my Country of Residence lol. I see United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom. No United States.

EDIT:

Maybe at the bottom it reveals why?

By clicking below you agree to receive info and offers by email relating to PlayStation® and Sony from Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

9 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

What I'm not seeing there is what to put down for my Country of Residence lol. I see United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom. No United States.

EDIT:

Maybe at the bottom it reveals why?

Yeah, I noticed that was the wrong region site (I edited the post a bit), Damn you Google for sending me there! :shakefist: 

Just now, Masamune said:

Yeah, I noticed that was the wrong region site (I edited the post a bit), Damn you Google for sending me there! :shakefist: 

I thought that was the case so I tried google as well...and got sent to that link lol.

I read a comment online that says to go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ and then click your avatar for account settings. Under Notification Preferences I believe it's the first box that needs to be checked. (some say both but I only checked the first one)

• Like 1

Those emails are inaccurate.
If you don't have a PS4, the hours played is rounded with the total of trophies you have. Sometimes, they don't know how much struggle is needed to get a simple platinum trophy. But, It's been a while since I received one of those newsletters. I never unsubscribed. I just checked and the setting it's turned on. Weird.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Xylobe said:

Mine says 3923 hours. If that's across PS4, PS3, and Vita then it's probably about right, but if it's just PS4 then I imagine it probably keeps tracking time while a game is suspended. My trophy total in the email is also about 500 short, meaning my numbers are from around March 25th. 

@Valyrious I just glanced at your trophy log and it looks like you hit 4188 trophies back in December. I have no idea why their numbers are so out of date.

Honestly it doesn't surprise me. They're really lax with how they update it. If that screenshot is from December, then I'm kind of scared to know how much worse my play time is.

April alone I got 170 hours out of Persona 5... lmao.

Also, it has to be across all platforms. There's no way in hell I have this much playtime on just PS4.

Edited by Valyrious

Just about to break 3000 and I no longer play on PS3 and I don't own a Vita, so that is all from when I bought my PS4 a little over 2 years ago. Though that is behind like everyone here is already saying and I don't have a email hit now to give me any stats to compare. Once I get my newest one, I am going to go find out, interested in knowing TBH.