How do you feel about getting the plat on the same game multiple times?

Depends on the game.  I have a couple of overlaps, and the only one I auto popped was Sly 4 (Even Sound Shapes I did 3 times legit).  when it is released, for example, I will platting Jak and Daxter 1 for the third time.  It is one of my favorite Platformers ever and I will happily play through it for a 4th time to 100% (PS2, PS3, Vita and then PS4)

Hm, I haven't played any games with trophies that I'd want to do twice.  I've redo or am re-doing quite a few PS2 rereleases as they didn't have trophies the first time around.  Maybe in a few years i wouldn't mind coming back and redoing games again like I"m doing with the PS ones but right away, no way

Sure. If I like the game I don't mind double dipping. Getting the plat again just makes it all the more fun.

Edit: After reading some of the comments I realized I forgot to add that I don't pay for the same game twice (on different platform). They've all been PS+ or in a bundle. With the exception of Saints Row IV and Valkyria Chronicles (no trophies on PS3) because I wanted to support those franchises.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I am doing it for the first time right now, but only because I want the telltale choises on a different platform. As some say it's good motivation for some of thoose who like replaying games, but sometimes it does the oposite. I wanted to buy and play some remastered games and continuing on my present trophylist, like "Last of us", but it had a new trophylist, so I never got the remastered version and never will. I think the same game no matter platform or region should use the same trophylist.

4 minutes ago, Morfea said:

I am doing it for the first time right now, but only because I want the telltale choises on a different platform. As some say it's good motivation for some of thoose who like replaying games, but sometimes it does the oposite. I wanted to buy and play some remastered games and continuing on my present trophylist, like "Last of us", but it had a new trophylist, so I never got the remastered version and never will. I think the same game no matter platform or region should use the same trophylist.

No, because this would render a lot of lists impossible without buying a new console. Take Borderlands 2, for example - it has a shared list, but there's no DLC on Vita, so you can't complete it. Had it been a separate list everything would've been perfectly fine. Binding of Isaac also has this issue - shared list but Vita didn't get the DLC, so you need a PS4 to complete it.

OT: I really enjoy stacking lists, it's a great way of revisiting a game I had a lot of fun with, and a lot of people call it cheap/whorish... but you earned the platinum twice, so I don't see where this mindset comes from tbh.

To me, a franchise isn't complete until I've completed every trophy list. I can't say I've finished Assassin's Creed if I've only done 12/21 trophy lists, for example, can I? ;) It's visually pleasing (to me) to see a huge block of a franchise when sorted alphabetically.

Speaking of which, when is the profile sorting finally going to be fixed? So irritating to have to sort alphabetically every time I visit anybody's profile, last played order is so messy. This was perfectly fine on the old site as it remembered what options you use, I really miss that :(

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Guess I'm the first to disagree. That is if you mean buying an extra copy of a game, regional or platform wise, just to get extra trophies. I think that's just stupid. If you like the game just replay the version you already have. 

You are not alone in this i feel the same way too.  There is no need to spend extra money on a game you already own just to get more trophies, especially if you already have those trophies.

Darksiders 2 - well over 500+ hours

Dragon Age 2 - according to PSN 800+ hours

And i still play those games from time to time.

• Like 1

I've stacked plenty of my games and I will keep doing so if I enjoy that game enough and the 2nd version of it is cheap. The only stacking on my profile that I regret is auto-popping Sound Shapes 5 times after doing the plat on PS3 but aside from that, I'm not really fussed about it. As long as that person isn't hacking trophies, I don't care what they do on their trophy list, as long as they don't lie about what they're doing. Most "difficult" trophies on my list are games I'd still do again if I had the chance because if you do it once, you can do it again. I don't know if it would be considered "stacking" to play a more recent update of the game that just so happened to get trophies, with things like Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Super Street Fighter IV and Payday 2: Crimewave Edition I think there's enough new content for people to be able to play the games again and have a different experience compared to the original game. Other things that can change about games is balancing and bug fixes that could have been part of a trophy list that got stacked. I know Germany tends to have censorship so if someone got a game like Wanted: Weapons of Fate there and enjoyed it although it was censored, they could get the international release and see how things are different but they might be stacking the platinum for it. But an argument people may have is "Why not spend the money on a new game instead of stacking a game you have already?" And I'd say it's a good point, but at least when you invest your money in a game you've played before you know whether you'll like it or hate it. It's only elitist pricks who try to put other people down for stacking trophies, a lot of people like to seem like they work very hard for their trophies. 

I've only done this once and that's with the free copy of Tales of the Borderlands. I'm fine with it for cross-buys and remasters, but buying a game for 3 different regions is overkill to me, when you already own the exact same game with ZERO additions or improvements.

58 minutes ago, madbuk said:

No, because this would render a lot of lists impossible without buying a new console. Take Borderlands 2, for example - it has a shared list, but there's no DLC on Vita, so you can't complete it. Had it been a separate list everything would've been perfectly fine. Binding of Isaac also has this issue - shared list but Vita didn't get the DLC, so you need a PS4 to complete it.

OT: I really enjoy stacking lists, it's a great way of revisiting a game I had a lot of fun with, and a lot of people call it cheap/whorish... but you earned the platinum twice, so I don't see where this mindset comes from tbh.

That is a personal issue for thoose playing on that selected platform, they can get the plat, but not 100%.

Just like it's personal issue why I want one and no more than one trophylist, that I do want to get as high % as possible. But having kids doesn't give me all that time I wish I had for gaming, and sometimes that means I prioritise new games instead of completion, That's why I don't want another game (remastered) in my trophy list that has a low %. So instead my intention is that I should go back and complete the old one, SHOULD. 

If I really enjoyed the game, I would. I've got two copies of Don't Starve Giant Edition when the pack went on sale. Spending the money, again, is the issue, if I already got the plat in one version. Still lots of games I haven't touched at all I want to experience that I'd rather buy.

In my case, two requirements needs to be accomplished to get the game in multiple platform. 1)The already mentioned, enjoyed the game alot, and

2) Have improvements over the old version. Any kind of extra.

I'm a big fan of Kratos, but imo GOW 3 is beautiful enough on ps3 to need to buy a ps4 version, if Sony would remaster the original one.

I already  bought Sleeping dogs and Metro last light for a second platinum, they provided me enough reasons to do the purchase.

Edited by GoldenShaka