How do you feel about getting the plat on the same game multiple times?

I don't mind wasting my money in games I love. I have purchased all the Demon's Souls versions available and if for any reason Fromsoftware decides to release a remastered version for PS4, count me in for another platinum.

• Like 1

nothing really special to me doing it.

on the ps3 I have four different accounts my main account, one for my brother and the last two are the Japanese and the US accounts that me and my brother are using them for shopping, the games I loved or easy to Plat naturally will go and Plat them on all this four accounts.

a bit off-topic: the ps4 unfortunately we only managed to transfer our main accounts, as the US and especially the jap account refused to get from the ps3 to ps4, something about needing a stand alone email, the Japanese one have the balls to ask for an entirely new email dedicated to it that was never been used on another PSN ID before on the ps4, unless there's something I didn't know.

anyway on ps4 we got our main accounts and a different new US one, so at least this should count too as I already plated all three uncharted games on the ps3 and once again on the ps4 with the Nathan Drake collection.

I think it looks tacky on a trophy list. That being said, do what you want. I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy different regions of a game. I did buy GoW on the vita though. That's the only game I've ever bought twice. Just having GoW on the go was enticing enough for me. Any of the other stacked list on my trophy card was either cross buy or a ps+ freebie after I had bought the retail, like Legends of War. 

Ive done god of war 1 and 2 on ps3 and ps vita and god of war 3 and darksiders on ps3 and ps4. Have the nathan drake collection in my ps4 backlog but been putting it off in favor of games i havent played. I been replaying games since legacy of kain soul reaver but think with the amount of games out there need to get a move on now 

I don't see anything wrong with it. I had an old EU account where I got the plats for the EU versions of FFXIII, XIII-2, Tales of Graces and the JP Tales of Vesperia. I bought the Japanese versions of the first three games for super cheap on my trip to Japan and re-got the plats on this account as it's my main one now, but I still have the other account which is a different region that I use for themes and stuff. I had already sold the EU versions of the games but I if i still had them, I would have got the plats again as for those old games the EU and Japan had separate trophy lists. 

I recently got Steins gate 0 free on ps plus for both my vita and ps4, so I think I will get the plats for both as they seem to be separate as well with no cross save and it's super easy at a 1/10. For me to want to get the plat twice, the game would have to be fairly easy. Getting the plats again in FFXIII and both Tales of Vesperia and Graces was painstaking but I loved those games and really wanted it on this account. Now I'd only consider it for games like VN's where I can skip the text the second time round or with a plat duration of <30 hours. Also, it would help my wallet if the game was free on ps plus like Steins Gate was. 

Probably wouldn't do this myself (except for autopop or MAYBE crossbuy with separate lists) because... I've already played the game, I don't feel like using money and time on another copy just to get the same trophies again, when I could rather spend my money on a new game.

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Idk, I have done it but not for trophies. Like Kingdom hearts is my favorite series, but I sold my old copy when I got my ps4 collection. I think it's whatever you want to do. I would only do it for a game I really enjoy or it is dirt cheap. But, I'm also the kind who usually won't force themselves for a easy platinum if I'm not at least having fun. So. I say only do it if you're enjoying yourself.

Unless the 2nd purchase of the same game is super cheap. I dont believe people who do it again because they realllly enjoyed the game that much; the truth is they know they can get the plat again easily since they were able the first time. Im not a plat hunter, so buying a game again chances are slim.

• Like 1

One of the reasons why i hate to double up and stack trophies is because there are plenty of other great games waiting in line and me playing the same game again i consider it a waste of time and effort because i could use this time and effort on a new experience, otherwise it will take forever for me to reach the other games as long as i am playing the same game over and over just for trophies 

• Like 1

For games I have duplicates on my trophy lists, the majority of them I got from buying one version then renting another, or from the game being on PS Plus (Tales from the Borderlands).  There have been a couple times I may have been tempted to import a game (Demon's Souls), but I would never go out to buy it just for an extra plat.  I only double dip to play on a different platform, or if the new version I'm buying is the complete/definitive edition with extras; got Borderlands 2 on PS3 as a birthday present but never touched it beyond the tutorial, years later bought the Handsome Collection cuz I wanted the DLC plus the Pre-Sequel.

As for others, if it has been some time between the old and new trophies I think that's alright.  You're getting a chance to revisit the game.  But if the two or more trophy lists are almost touching each other then I would disapprove.  I remember having someone on my friend's list with three listings for Rayman Origins (PS3, Vita, and Russian PS3) right next to each other.  And the account was Brazilian, so he imported a Russian copy just for it.

I have surely bought remasters and definitive editions of games that I had platted. But! I have not platinum them again. For ex. Tomb Raider/Darksiders are games I loved and really wanted to see what they look like in 1080 beauty. Both are beautiful Definitive Editions.

edit: Though I would only do it if they turn to be at a saled price. There's still wayyy too many unplayed new games to waste on old games.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I'm not against the idea as I have a number of "copy platinums". But in each case the times in which I played the games were at least somewhat far apart and I either rented or bought the second copy for a really low price. I don't think it's cheap or anything, if anything it gives me some purpose to replay games I enjoyed a while before. But auto-pop trophies are another thing... something that I've done once with that Sly Cooper game. I'm glad there aren't too many cases where that exists. It's just dumb, but tempting.

I'm not a huge fan of getting a platinum on the same game, multiple times.  My backlog (and wishlist) are both pretty long and I'd prefer to play something new rather than play the same game over.  If I wanted to, I own the game I got the platinum on anyway so I could replay it at any point I wanted.

That being said, I don't have issues with other people getting a platinum multiple times.

Right now I'm playing old games to get the trophies I got on my old account onto my new account, and that's similar to how I feel about multiple-plats. It doesn't seem right when the game is released on multiple platforms at the same time, but when the releases are far apart, eg HD remasters, they feel alright. I recently did Heavy Rain on the PS4, and it didn't feel cheap to get trophies for it (though I haven't done HR on PS3 with this account, I will when I find the disc). I do have a few duplicated LEGO games, and it did feel a bit cheaty to be boosting my trophy and Plat numbers with them, but then that was probably more to do with that being the reason I did it rather than the desire to replay an old favourite.