How do you feel about getting the plat on the same game multiple times?

It is not for me. I want to replay a game, I will and do. Won't buy all the God of Wars on PS4 as I did them on PS3. I would have bought the Ezio Collection of Assassin's Creed if Assassin's Creed 2 would have linked from the PS4 to the PS3. But since it didn't, I didn't and probably won't unless a major sale or lucky and get it from PS+.

• 5 years later...

absolutely like getting the same platinum twice.  I grew up replaying games over and over again.  In fact i'm a completionist because of that. I used to do everything a game had to offer way before trophies came out.  I'm not going to pay a ton of money to get the same platinum twice, but if It's a ps4/ps5 game it's usually free to $10.00 and I'll pay that to do the trophies again.  I have about 5 games in my backlog I already did once i plan to do again someday.

I don't mind doing this for games I enjoyed and when the stack versions are either super cheap (under $10) or given for free like crossbuy, PS+, and giveaway promos (Minecraft PS3+Vita). Doing it at full price is definitely a no-go for me, but I'm not going to judge anyone for the way they spend their money. If it's a game I hated doing the first time though, I'm not doing it again unless I got paid to do it. Honestly now that I think about it, a fairly large chunk of my platinum collection is just stacks, maybe 10-15%.

Edited by Empovyle

I love it, and I've done it a fair few times with games I've really enjoyed. Such as:

- Sleeping Dogs in 2016, 2018, 2021

- Witcher 3 in 2016, 2019, 2022

- DJMax Respect in 2018 and 2020 (I'll do the third stack if NA ever goes on sale again)

- The Messenger 2019 and 2022

- South Park Stick of Truth 2016 and 2019

- Rayman Origins (2012, 2016) and Legends (2017, 2018)

etc.

Additional stacks are what encouraged me to re-read one of my favourite visual novels, Steins;Gate (2015, 2019)

In other cases, replaying a new stack has caused me to realise I can finish up the original stack. Happened with Ni No Kuni, originally played 2013, replayed the remastered stack 2021, went back finished original. Same with Borderlands 2 (originally 2012, finished both stacks 2019).

It's also helped with being higher on fastest achievers lists. I tend to be above average on speed of completion, but I never practice or plan beforehand, if it happens it happens. Playing a second stack means I've essentially 'done the practice' and has led to being fastest, or near fastest, in more games, such as:

- Darkwood (both stacks 2022) - fastest achiever on second stack

- Mousebot (2021 and 2022) - fastest achiever on second stack

- N++ (2016 and 2018) - fastest achiever on second stack.

etc.

I enjoy it.

I'm fine doing it - trophies give good structure to playthroughs of games, and so a replay can be more fun with a fresh list. 

I won't generally do it one right after the other, and usually only pay for a game once, but if a free second version is there, and I want a replay, I'll generally do the new list, rather than replay the version I've already platted. 

Usually not, I find people who stack easy games and auto pop to have awful trophy lists that are incredibly ugly to look at but if its a game you genuinely enjoy and get pleasure from and want to do it all over again then it's a good thing. I think I only have resogun twice on my profile as its a great game with a fun trophy list and was cool to experience on both the PS4 and PSVITA

Edited by olliebear66t

6 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Skyrim. So good, I platinum'd it thrice.

Me too, and whenever I get a PS5, I'll do it a 4th time.

I don't mind playing a game for trophies on multiple systems. I'm not going to find different region versions just to stack something. Likewise I will rarely buy something AGAIN - it needs to be improved on a different system at a discounted price for me to rebuy a game I already had. Most often my stacked trophy lists come from PS+ games I had already purchased on a different system that has let me replay something for trophies.

...if I want to replay a game I just replay it, regardless of already having  all trophies, but if it's an HD version of a game I platted in the past then I buy it again, but for the most part I just replay some games like I used to before trophies were a thing, in fact I replay Kingdom Hearts every Christmas.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very strict policy of only adding a game once on my profile, so stacking is strictly prohibited. Stacking also gives unfair advantages on the leaderboard as you're given full points for a game already completed.

Not to mention it looks awful wading through multiple stacks as you go through a profile. This process gets especially painful when you view somebody with a huge number of games played.

• Like 1

Did it for Dragon quest 11, with the original and then the Definitive edition a couple of years later. I just love that game so much. I also did it with FF7 Remake, because I wanted to play that Yuffie dlc. So I platinumed the PS5 version aswell, no autopoping.

Other than that I usually just play one of the versions. Dont really like to stack the same game.