Boruto: Naruto Next Generation anime/manga discussion thread

ratchetdude231

20 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Yeah, unfortunately this thread doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. As you can see above, I was providing weekly (anime) and monthly (manga) thoughts for all of the new content on this thread for some time, before stopping. Apart from it taking up too much of my time, nobody really checks this thread, so a small part of me felt it was just pointless to continue. I'm glad you have commented and shared your thoughts though! I always enjoy reading other people's thoughts on Boruto.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, in terms of being critical about Boruto as both an anime and character. I felt the same upon entering the fandom myself. After some time though, I quickly began to realise that Boruto (as an anime) has a lot more potential than Naruto (as an anime) had when it began. Enhanced technology makes Boruto's animation beautiful, more vibrant, and in kind, appeals to a brand new audience (the youth, of course). I'm personally extremely excited to see Boruto grow as a character, especially to the point of his prologue self.

If you can spare some time for the manga, I recommend reading it too. Something insane just happened on that side of things, and it's just better in general, at least in my opinion. I'm looking forward to when the anime catches up to the latest chapter.

Totally understand that. Not worth the effort if it's just the two of us ?

Boruto's animation is extremely beautiful. I don't know how often I've watched the Sasuke/Otsutsuki fight simply bc awyis

I also love how they show that there is science and development - it's very interesting how nations evoled from the beginning of naruto on!

I've heard that the manga is great, but I can't get behind the drawin style. I'm just watching the new episodes weekly when they get released on crunchyroll hehe

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tepp-a said:

Totally understand that. Not worth the effort if it's just the two of us 1f610.png

Boruto's animation is extremely beautiful. I don't know how often I've watched the Sasuke/Otsutsuki fight simply bc awyis

I also love how they show that there is science and development - it's very interesting how nations evoled from the beginning of naruto on!

I've heard that the manga is great, but I can't get behind the drawin style. I'm just watching the new episodes weekly when they get released on crunchyroll hehe

Haha yeah, I know what you mean about the drawing style. Pretty much everybody looks different in the manga, which annoyed me at first too, but I decided to not let it bother me any longer. Sasuke has the most noticeable change from the manga to the anime.

I agree, the development of the world of Naruto intrigues me immensely. The introduction of technology within Naruto's world opens up possibilities which previously seemed absurd. Many doors are open for development now, it just depends which door the writers want to enter.

I personally watch Boruto on Kissanime, since it is the best source for me right now. Are you looking forward to tonight's episode? I'm curious to see how the finals for the Chunnin Exams are going to uncover, since Sarada and Boruto are teaming up against Shinki. Which seems weird to me, considering this stage of the exams is supposed to be strict one on one brawls. It is obvious that Boruto and Sarada are going to win, because the protagonist never loses. :P I really just want Naruto to find out about Boruto's cheating already! Things are going to get interesting thereafter.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2017 at 0:01 AM, ratchetdude231 said:

That's a good question. We don't really know what the hell is going on with the manga. The manga started last year and up until recently it was basically recapping the Boruto movie. 

What we know for certain is that the Boruto movie plays a rather large role in the story, and more than likely the anime will also be doing a recap of the movie at some point as well. As of right now it appears that the Boruto manga is ahead of the anime simply because the latest chapter of Boruto is right after the events of the Boruto movie.  

In regards to your second question the anime takes place way before the movie. In fact the Boruto anime takes place before Naruto Gaiden. It is believed that after the current arc in Boruto is over, Pierrot will animate Naruto Gaiden, and then start animating the manga which starts with the Boruto Naruto the movie recap. In other words the current arc is an anime original. 

Did not know this 

On 6/6/2018 at 8:16 PM, ddracarys said:

[...]Sasuke has the most noticeable change from the manga to the anime.

[...]

I personally watch Boruto on Kissanime, since it is the best source for me right now. Are you looking forward to tonight's episode? I'm curious to see how the finals for the Chunnin Exams are going to uncover, since Sarada and Boruto are teaming up against Shinki. Which seems weird to me, considering this stage of the exams is supposed to be strict one on one brawls. It is obvious that Boruto and Sarada are going to win, because the protagonist never loses. :P I really just want Naruto to find out about Boruto's cheating already! Things are going to get interesting thereafter.

And I was just starting to like him.... I guess his change does bother me a lot, but they all look too much like kids for me in the manga. Maybe I'll give it a another shot at some point. But for now I'll just wait for Thursdays haha

YES. this fight I was not looking forward because it seems pretty predictive.

But then again, I thought that a couple of times and then the anime surprised me. I think it's because I'm still thinking in the Naruto tropes.(e.g. Naruto would never cheat, while boruto does for selfish reasons, mitsuki deciding to give up on the fight rather than show how badass he is(plus actually having a will and not just being a puppet FUCK YEAH!!), smart-ass Sarada actually having a cheesy dream like becoming hokage...)

Actually interesting if you think about it, because that's exactly what the kids are trying to do. Breaking free from their parent's reputation.

Also, Shinki to me feels like a gaara 2.0 so far. I like him and his jutsu is awesome but something needs to happen... 

Also I am SO HAPPY with what happened regarding the cheating. And HOLY HELL the cliffhanger. Can't wait for next week yesyesyes 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tepp-a said:

And I was just starting to like him.... I guess his change does bother me a lot, but they all look too much like kids for me in the manga. Maybe I'll give it a another shot at some point. But for now I'll just wait for Thursdays haha

YES. this fight I was not looking forward because it seems pretty predictive.

But then again, I thought that a couple of times and then the anime surprised me. I think it's because I'm still thinking in the Naruto tropes.(e.g. Naruto would never cheat, while boruto does for selfish reasons, mitsuki deciding to give up on the fight rather than show how badass he is(plus actually having a will and not just being a puppet FUCK YEAH!!), smart-ass Sarada actually having a cheesy dream like becoming hokage...)

Actually interesting if you think about it, because that's exactly what the kids are trying to do. Breaking free from their parent's reputation.

Also, Shinki to me feels like a gaara 2.0 so far. I like him and his jutsu is awesome but something needs to happen... 

Also I am SO HAPPY with what happened regarding the cheating. And HOLY HELL the cliffhanger. Can't wait for next week yesyesyes 

Damn, I keep forgetting you haven't read the manga yet, so me mentioning the cheating before it happened was probably a bad idea on my end, aha. Apologies for the spoilers! I already know what's going to happen next, so it isn't entirely a surprise for me, though I am noticing the anime is branching it's own small path too. I didn't even think about the fact that Team 7 are all trying to break out of their parents shadows. That's a very interesting way to look at it. It is quite disappointing how none of the Leaf ninja passed the Chunnin Exams. I wonder how they're going to recover from this major loss in the long run, especially for characters like Sarada, who have long-term dreams that rely on moments like the Chunnin Exams.

Overall, I'm not liking Shinki. But I never really liked Gaara either, so I guess that's rebounding off of Shinki right now. He seems ridiculously overpowered for his age and rank. There is something else though, which the anime hasn't disclosed yet, that I do find very interesting about him. I will put it in a spoiler tag below, in case you do not want to read it.

Spoiler

I find it interesting that Shinki possesses Karma, the same ability which both Boruto and Kawaki possess. I wonder how these three will eventually develop their individual jutsu, as well as how they will develop together as friends.

Edited by ddracarys