This game is garbage

local_jesster

24 minutes ago, Tidus4713 said:

Don't waste your money. Just saying. It's not worth it for the plat.

You know, a lot of people said that about Alien Colonial Marines, yet I'm enjoying it. What makes you say it's a bad game? Also, I think you highly underestimate the power of the platinum. Some people will buy anything if the plat is easy. Look at games like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo. 

One user on Metacritic seems to really like it and gave it a 10:

Best Game on Earth IMO...Those who hate this game are a disgrace to humanity. It's an incredible horror experience....Better than trash like Resident Evil 7, Outlast 2 BS...

I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Lol this game sucks so don't waste your money  absolutely no details on why. This did not warrant a post. I have been thinking of getting the PS4 ps vita and VR combo (even though I still don't have VR). Please inform me of why I shouldn't. I loved me some orc slayer!!!!!! And nothing will give you a rush like clicking x 10,000 times on a mayo jar. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sorry my trophy whore self was showing ?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

No one ever bothered to share why this game was garbage?

I personally liked it. The story was a mess, but I enjoyed its unfolding nonetheless. Controls were easy, and the puzzles were fun (when I bothered to do them). A weird thing is that, while the Vita game follows the same general storyline, it's very different in a lot of ways. The fish head mask doesn't even make an appearance on the Vita (odd, since it's the cover image of the game). 

The voice work is positively awful, but it adds to the charm. The game costs WAAAAAY too much normally, but if you can find it for a deal (I got the PS4/Vita/VR package for $2.49 in a sale), it's not so bad.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2017 at 0:39 AM, Phil said:

You know, a lot of people said that about Alien Colonial Marines, yet I'm enjoying it. What makes you say it's a bad game? Also, I think you highly underestimate the power of the platinum. Some people will buy anything if the plat is easy. Look at games like Orc Slayer and My Name is Mayo. 

Alien Colonial was fun playing through it with my friend. Was it perfect? Hell no not even close.. but it was much more enjoyable than I thought I'd be.

Keep enjoying the game! :)

3 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Alien Colonial was fun playing through it with my friend. Was it perfect? Hell no not even close.. but it was much more enjoyable than I thought I'd be.

Keep enjoying the game! :)

Thanks. I did. I 100% it some time ago though.

3 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Me: Sees title "This game is garbage"

My Brain: "Nyeeeeeah I'D RATHER PUT MY BALLS IN A CROCODILE'S MOUTH WHILE SHOVING MY HEAD UP A UNICORN'S ASSHOLE!"

You're that easily influenced? Sad.

• Like 1

Okay.  I'm back.  Finished the game in one sitting. My thoughts:

I had high hopes for this game.  It looked good, reminded me of Until Dawn, or at least a spooky game.  Of course, it took a dump on me and would not autosave, so I had to play it again from the beginning.  My thoughts:

1. Nice cheap game, but very short, approx 2 hours 

2. Does not autosave, so play in one sitting.  Considering how short it is, not a problem.

3. Glitched a few times, in which I had to reinstall the game to keep going.  Was not a happy camper.

L4827f5.png

• Like 1

I've never had such contrasting emotions while playing a 'game' in my life. On one hand I couldn't stop laughing at the dialogue, grammatical errors and nonsensical story, but on the other I felt like banging my controller against my head because of horrible control issues, trophy bugs (collectibles didn't register even though they were picked up), and a corrupted save file. Well worth the time and dollar price tag, thanks NEKCOM. Awaiting the sequel with bated breath...

• 11 months later...

If you like escape room games, this game is for you. Gameplay is ok on ps4 version and puzzles are awesome. That's the main atraction. If u like the story only then move on. Story is a mess and I even didn't know about the secret ending and what the hell happened in the end, but I got into it thinking deep, that Mathew is in the afterlife and the guide aka fish head guy is some god that will transport you to another life or reborn you over and over meaning you are in hell or limbo or something. But when he said

Spoiler

his name was Colby

Spoiler

, son of the Hotel owner

, and just another masked killer? maybe, I was like... damn it, nope, too much overtheorizing. Plot wasted.

Edited by Ptirle