Time saver content, worth it?

Absolutely not worth it, for several reasons.

My logic is why bother playing the game at all if you're going to take shortcuts on something you would do naturally by completing everything/going for the platinum? (Assuming that's your goal, otherwise you probably wouldn't be interested in collecting them at all).

Now, I understand your frustration with losing your progress and having to do it all over. Perhaps Ubisoft is admitting -without actually saying so- the sheer amount of collectibles in their games has gotten ridiculous (Unity is even more bonkers if you can imagine that).

In any case, you already paid for the game, why give them any more of your money in exchange for something that adds no new content or real value? Especially given the fact that all collectibles in towns/cities/named locations can be revealed either by synchronizing viewpoints or purchasing maps with in-game currency. Collectibles in the Caribbean are revealed in each sector once you capture its corresponding fort.

Either way, you still need to physically move your character to each location on a huge map so you're not saving that much time by buying the pack.

I got the platinum on both ps3 and ps4, and was in no hurry to do so since I spent hours happily sailing around and attacking almost every ship in sight and grabbing collectibles along the way as they appeared. Post-game, everything I missed was already revealed by that point and didn't take long to sweep the map. I still managed to plat it both times in 2-3 weeks each. Actual game time was about 60 hours, probably required half as much if you did a speed run just for trophies.

So unless you're really eager to make up for the time you lost, I'd highly recommend saving your money and enjoy the game. Ignoring all that, refuse to support microtransactions out of sheer principle.

• Like 3

Doesn't save you that much time....maybe your first hour or two would be easy play, but by time you hit end game, the money and stuffs just come in so easily that it makes the time saver pack a joke.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I just platted it again recently – you don't need it. Your last trophy will be to rescue 500 crew, which is complementary to plundering ships, which is complementary to farming Jackdaw materials among other things.

So no, there's no point to buy SP content. But if there's any XP boost for MP, I cannot recommend it enough.

Edited by Thropy_Hore
  • Like 1