PS4 Whats New feed and Recent Activitys Frozen

Mo-Fresh18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So sick of this problem.  It fixed itself for me a few months ago but has broken again.  Some people say it's related to going into offline mode but I never do that.  Trophies of friends are appearing but mine are not.  I've checked with an alt account and my trophies and other activities aren't appearing on that feed either.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually only happening with certain games for me.  I only realised this a few days ago. The Wolfenstein games and Wipeout Omega Collection update the Activity feed fine.  Assassin's Creed Origins does not.  Uncharted TLL didn't either.  For a long time I thought the entire Activity Feed was intermittently failing and fixing itself but that's clearly not the case (for me anyway).  Whether it updates or not depends on the game I'm playing..This goes beyond trophies too.  If I try to share a screenshot to 'activities' from an affected game (like ACO) it will not turn up on the feed.  Do the same with a screenshot from Wipeout OC, and it works perfectly fine.

Friends playing Assassin's Creed Origins aren't having this problem, so maybe it only affects the game when bought in a certain region and format?  I don't know.  (Mine is a British/physical copy.)  It's just very weird and annoying.  Some of the best screenshots I've ever taken were in ACO the past few weeks and I've been unable to share them on activities with friends doing the same.

Edited by fauxtronic

Just posting an update because it adds another dimension to the situation that I've not read about elsewhere:

• Ubisoft Technical Support confirmed to me in a support ticket that the game not updating activity feeds is a region/format issue that will be corrected in the next patch.

So it seems the developer must enable permissions for individual regions/formats of PS4 games to ensure content can be shared on the activity feeds.  This explains why I can't even *manually* share screenshots from ACO, never mind trophies - but all other games can update the activity feed without problems.

Next time any of you have a problem with the activity feed not updating, ask yourself how many games you're actively playing at that moment in time.  If the answer is one then try playing a couple more.  Take screenshots in all of them.  Open the screenshots app on your PS4 and manually share a screenshot from each game to the activity feed.  If the screenshot from the first game doesn't appear on your feed but the others do, then more than likely it's specific to that game's region or format (or both) and you should let the developer know.

Edited by fauxtronic
Typo!

No offense or anything here but why does it matter?  The feed serves no purpose in my opinion and it isn't like your trophies aren't syncing to the servers.  I personally have never actually even looked at the feed except for when I login to PlayStation app on my phone and it automatically pops up.  Or is there some purpose of this feature that I am missing out on?

• Like 1

It matters because many people use their gaming platforms socially even if you do not.  When all of my PS4 friends buy the same game at the same time and when we all use our activity feeds socially but I am the only one unable to share screenshots and videos from my game, it means I am denied access to one of the intended features of the platform and my gameplay experience is reduced.

This is not just about trophies not appearing, it's about all activity sharing being denied for specific games.

Edited by fauxtronic
Clarification

29 minutes ago, fauxtronic said:

It matters because many people use their gaming platforms socially even if you do not.  When all of my PS4 friends buy the same game at the same time and when we all use our activity feeds socially but I am the only one unable to share screenshots and videos from my game, it means I am denied access to one of the intended features of the platform and my gameplay experience is reduced.

This is not just about trophies not appearing, it's about all activity sharing being denied for specific games.

Fair enough, was just curious. 

On 1/11/2018 at 6:16 AM, stupid0089 said:

No offense or anything here but why does it matter?  The feed serves no purpose in my opinion and it isn't like your trophies aren't syncing to the servers.  I personally have never actually even looked at the feed except for when I login to PlayStation app on my phone and it automatically pops up.  Or is there some purpose of this feature that I am missing out on?

Same opinion here.  Useless feature really.  They're trying to turn Playstation into facebook, it's kinda dumb.  Just my opinion though. 

• 4 years later...

Sorry for the necroposting, but i'm experiencing a weird issue with that What's New thing on PS4.

Basically, i started playing NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered at the end of December 2021, and i had to add some random friends in order to get the Autolog trophies (also for boosting, but it wasn't necessary for that lol). The problem is that my activity feed is now literally filled with their activities, and i cannot delete them. So, after finishing the game for good (yesterday) i've tried unfriending/unfollowing/blocking everyone but their feeds still appear! Is the same happening to you guys? I thought they would go away once you remove someone from your friends list.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Sorry for the necroposting, but i'm experiencing a weird issue with that What's New thing on PS4.

Basically, i started playing NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered at the end of December 2021, and i had to add some random friends in order to get the Autolog trophies (also for boosting, but it wasn't necessary for that lol). The problem is that my activity feed is now literally filled with their activities, and i cannot delete them. So, after finishing the game for good (yesterday) i've tried unfriending/unfollowing/blocking everyone but their feeds still appear! Is the same happening to you guys? I thought they would go away once you remove someone from your friends list.

they should disappear as soon as you unfollow, nor is unfriend necessary.

• 6 months later...

Hi. 

I earned three different trophies in Return to Arkham - Arkham City, however, none of them are showing up in my news feed. I have earned trophies in other games, both before, and after, earning my trophies in Arkham City, yet, the Arkham City trophies are the only ones not appearing in my news feed.

I emailed Warner Bros, and here's what they said.

"Kindly try rebuilding your console's database before relaunching the game as this will remove any corrupted files that are temporarily stored in the game data utility.
1.) Power your console fully off then power it back on in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the power button on the PS4 for 7 seconds, until you hear two beeps. It will then boot in Safe Mode.
2.) Make sure the controller is connected to the console via cable when using Safe Mode, otherwise, it won’t work.
3.) Once in Safe Mode, choose the Rebuild Database option.
4.) Once the process starts, it can take anything from several minutes to several hours to complete depending on how much data you have stored.
5.) The console will restart once the rebuild is complete.
6.) You may need the email/password that is linked to your PSN account to sign back in once the process is complete."

Here's what I said in response.

"I tried your solution, and I did see the trophies appear in my news feed, after rebuilding the database. However, the actual game was missing from my dashboard, and I had to go through the PS Store, just to be able to boot up the game. I didn't have to redownload it, and it appeared in my dashboard, after doing so. However, after this happened, the specific trophies no longer appeared in my news feed. I keep trying the steps you listed, over and over again, but no luck. Also, I always have to boot up, two of my games, from the PS Store, before they show up in my dashboard. The first is Arkham City, the second is Street Fighter V."

Does anybody here know how to fix this, or if this is going to happen for every trophy I get in the game?

2 minutes ago, SaintSkyrleik said:

Hi. 

I earned three different trophies in Return to Arkham - Arkham City, however, none of them are showing up in my news feed. I have earned trophies in other games, both before, and after, earning my trophies in Arkham City, yet, the Arkham City trophies are the only ones not appearing in my news feed.

I emailed Warner Bros, and here's what they said.

"Kindly try rebuilding your console's database before relaunching the game as this will remove any corrupted files that are temporarily stored in the game data utility.
1.) Power your console fully off then power it back on in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the power button on the PS4 for 7 seconds, until you hear two beeps. It will then boot in Safe Mode.
2.) Make sure the controller is connected to the console via cable when using Safe Mode, otherwise, it won’t work.
3.) Once in Safe Mode, choose the Rebuild Database option.
4.) Once the process starts, it can take anything from several minutes to several hours to complete depending on how much data you have stored.
5.) The console will restart once the rebuild is complete.
6.) You may need the email/password that is linked to your PSN account to sign back in once the process is complete."

Here's what I said in response.

"I tried your solution, and I did see the trophies appear in my news feed, after rebuilding the database. However, the actual game was missing from my dashboard, and I had to go through the PS Store, just to be able to boot up the game. I didn't have to redownload it, and it appeared in my dashboard, after doing so. However, after this happened, the specific trophies no longer appeared in my news feed. I keep trying the steps you listed, over and over again, but no luck. Also, I always have to boot up, two of my games, from the PS Store, before they show up in my dashboard. The first is Arkham City, the second is Street Fighter V."

Does anybody here know how to fix this, or if this is going to happen for every trophy I get in the game?

Are those part of the 14 Hidden Trophies you have as shown by the blue H on your profile here?

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Are those part of the 14 Hidden Trophies you have as shown by the blue H on your profile here?

Hi, thanks for such a quick response. No, they are not. Those trophies are for the PS4 versions of Street Fighter 4, Devil May Cry, and Devil May Cry 3. I already finished those games on PS3, and don't want duplicate trophies.

12 minutes ago, SaintSkyrleik said:

Hi, thanks for such a quick response. No, they are not. Those trophies are for the PS4 versions of Street Fighter 4, Devil May Cry, and Devil May Cry 3. I already finished those games on PS3, and don't want duplicate trophies.

I moved your post into the existing thread about news feeds not working.