finalfantasy3004

Kabillon & Monster Sparring Ex Challenges

10 posts in this topic

you can find them at the top of the map on a little island with a village on it at end of game when you have controlf od second ship. I am having trouble getting the 300mill damage and getting to level 200 before getting killed though. I am level 999 and have all my weapons maxed out at 999. Any tips would be appritiated.

On 25/05/2017 at 7:56 AM, Fozzyabear said:

you can find them at the top of the map on a little island with a village on it at end of game when you have controlf od second ship. I am having trouble getting the 300mill damage and getting to level 200 before getting killed though. I am level 999 and have all my weapons maxed out at 999. Any tips would be appritiated.

I assumed you figured this one out? I know it has to done with making each party members HP vaule a certain number but what I thought was the correct method was not even close, Can only get 20 mill damage so far.

EDIT: nevermind figured it out :D

Edited by fisty123

I plan to return to this game after getting the plat in Ys VIII.  Do you have any advise on how to complete these challenges?

2 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I plan to return to this game after getting the plat in Ys VIII.  Do you have any advise on how to complete these challenges?

Monster Sparring EX

The monsters are random (luck-based battle). In this video, I had a hard time to defeat a monster resists to physical damage. Equipping Maid’s Ring on your character will allow you to skip every 10 levels in the Monster Sparring EX fights, therefore you only need to fight 20+ enemies instead of 200 enemies. It's a good accessory because you may encounter some hard enemies, so less enemies = less chance to meet them. I can't remember the location where I got this ring, it could be rare drop, treasure chest, or Record Keeper's reward. I also show the character's status and equipment at the end of the battle in the video for reference. Make sure one of your character equips a weapon or Metal Ring which can deal normal damage to metal enemies since you may encounter them in Monster Sparring EX.

Kabillion Challenge

Use All Matter and HP Matter items to adjust your characters' HP, make sure you save the game before you use these items in case you can't get the result you want. Level 999 is highly recommended, you can reach this level easily and quickly by kill metal enemies at certain island (see the pic below, Albert avatar's location). Equipping Encounter Ring which allows you to encounter enemies with each step, then go to System -> Option -> Battle Shortcut ON, then you will see how fast your characters' level increases.

UKKSuH3.jpg

About the characters' HP (make sure the number in bold is 9 if possible)

• Albert - 54999
  • Bruno - 56099
  • Julia - 53999
  • Esther - 53790

About the character's Accessory and Gem

• Albert - Burst+ Ring and Tri-Burst Gem
  • Bruno - Burst+ Ring and Tri-Burst Gem
  • Julia - Burst+ Ring and STR+ Gem
  • Esther - Burst+ Ring and Damage Gem (or any)

About the characters' recommended skills. Albert should be in human form for doing more hits during burst)

• Albert (Human Form)- Neo Scramble (Attacks based on total HP 100s and 10s digits)
  • Bruno (Devil Form) - Knife Spread (Attacks based on total HP 10s and 1s digits) or Masquerade (12-16 hits) in case his HP doesn't satisfy the requirement.
  • Julia  (Devil Form) - I don't remember... (Attacks based on total HP 100s, 10s, and 1s digits)
  • Esther (Devil Form) - All Parameters Up (use it once at starting of the battle), then keep using Bright Circle (Attacks based on half HP 10s digits +2) during her turn

I also show the characters' status, equipment, and recommended skills for this challenge and consecutive hits at the end of the battle for reference.

Thank you for all the information your provided.  I'll be sure to make use of it when I reach this point in the game.

48 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Where can I get Burst+ Rings?

You can get them in the RSP shop for 80 RSP each.

Thanks for your help Leon and Warpedsavior with this game.  Thanks to your assistance, I was able to complete those two challenges without much trouble.  Also, the Maid Ring is the reward you get for doing 100 million damage in the Kabillion Challenge.

Edited by LordBilbanes

I wanted to mention that there is a better spot for grinding to level 999 than the island pictured above.  To the SW of Baldor's hideaway there's an island shaped like a \.  On that island are encounters that give a minimum of 102k experience and upwards of 500k experience.  The island with the metal enemies tends to give on average 30k experience with a rare 300k experience.  I honestly found the last dungeon was giving more experience than that.  It also has the added benefit of not needing a metal ring to beat the enemies instantly.  Your levels after clearing the true end should suffice.

Get yourself an experience soul and that amount doubles.  Upwards of 1 million experience per battle and on average one level per battle.  Equip yourself with a Big Ring and you'll frequently get encounters that give 250k experience or more before bonuses.  If you add an ultra rare ring, you also can get the best weapons and armor in the game and pretty frequent drops of gold crystals and 5 RSP if you still need burst+ rings.

I do appreciate the tips for the challenge, but thought I'd mention this is a far better grinding spot for anyone looking to get level 999 for these challenges.