Premier League Football (Soccer) Thread

ille1234

Hello everyone!

I just thought that I can't possibly be the only one around here that watches Premier League football so I thought I'd create a thread about it. I myself am a Manchester United fan, always have been, always will be.

I'm absolutelly thrilled about how the season is going so far and I think it's one of the most exciting seasons in a long time.

How do you feel about the season so far? Has your team been performing or underperforming perhaps? Feel free to discuss it here! :awesome:

• Like 2

I am a Manchester United fan through and through; I grew up in Belfast hearing about the peerless George Best, so I guess that's why I support them.

United this season are lucky that every other main competitor has been as inconsistent as them., as they've been well below par in comparison with previous United teams. Van Persie has papered over an ageing, injury-prone defence and a severely lacklustre midfield, which is also one season away from a bus-pass. However, in saying that, I firmly believe United will win the league, largely due to the determination instilled in the team by Ferguson; also due to the lack of any real, sustained danger from another title challenger. City aren't the same team they were last year, and bear in mind they only won the league on goal difference. Chelsea are a shambles, and the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern football and its culture. Spurs, however, are much improved and have a young, hungry team (improved by Holtby's signing) who I think will claim a Champion's League spot this season.

As for Man United vs Liverpool this weekend - United will win, but will leak a goal.

• Like 1

I am a Manchester United fan through and through; I grew up in Belfast hearing about the peerless George Best, so I guess that's why I support them.

United this season are lucky that every other main competitor has been as inconsistent as them., as they've been well below par in comparison with previous United teams. Van Persie has papered over an ageing, injury-prone defence and a severely lacklustre midfield, which is also one season away from a bus-pass. However, in saying that, I firmly believe United will win the league, largely due to the determination instilled in the team by Ferguson; also due to the lack of any real, sustained danger from another title challenger. City aren't the same team they were last year, and bear in mind they only won the league on goal difference. Chelsea are a shambles, and the epitome of everything that's wrong with modern football and its culture. Spurs, however, are much improved and have a young, hungry team (improved by Holtby's signing) who I think will claim a Champion's League spot this season.

As for Man United vs Liverpool this weekend - United will win, but will leak a goal.

Yeah RvP is definitely the signing of the season by far.

Consistensy if definitely the word that describes United this season, although I don't think that City or any other top team for that matter really have been poor, it's just that United have just been destroying team after team leaving nothing behind.

I think it was Vincent Kompany that said in an interview that this season is so different because one little slip up can cost so much because the entire top of the table will always be ready to use that mistake to their advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Tottenham fan myself, have been since the days of Lineker, Mabbutt and Gazza was thrilled how yesterday against Utd ended though I thought it just wasn't going to happen Dempsey came through like a ninja :ninja::awesome:

Looking forward to see what more suprises the January transfer window brings would like to see Spurs bring in another striker as we seem to be lacking there except for Defoe we have no out and out scorer. Even more so with Adebayor at the African cup

Who would you guys like to see your team sign ?

• 1 month later...

By the looks of it there's really not a lot of football fans on here. 

United v Norwich tomorrow and I'll be hoping for some revenge seeing as they beat us 1-0 last time. Be nice to go back 15 points clear and apply some more pressure on City who don't play until Monday.

Tuesday is all about the champions league match against Madrid and I'm just praying we keep Ronaldo quiet. Going to be a tough match but hopefully we will do enough to go through.

Big SHOUT out to Giggs who could make his 1000 appearance for the club if he plays tomorrow. Legend! Good to see him sign a new contract at the club which keeps him playing into his forties. His experience and attitude in training and on the field is good for all the young players at the club.

• 3 weeks later...

Boy do I feel out of place with all the Man U fans in here. I'm a Liverpool supporter, even though I used to live a block away from Stamford Bridge. Not having a brilliant year, but we have shown flashes of our potential. Hopefully we will be able to hang on to Suarez after this season so next year we can challenge for a C.L. spot. I will give credit to man u for running away with the league this year. they have played brilliantly. And yes a big shout out to ryan giggs, great player and great for the game..

New to this site, so its nice to be able to talk football.

• Like 1

Boy do I feel out of place with all the Man U fans in here. I'm a Liverpool supporter, even though I used to live a block away from Stamford Bridge. Not having a brilliant year, but we have shown flashes of our potential. Hopefully we will be able to hang on to Suarez after this season so next year we can challenge for a C.L. spot. I will give credit to man u for running away with the league this year. they have played brilliantly. And yes a big shout out to ryan giggs, great player and great for the game..

New to this site, so its nice to be able to talk football.

One word....Southampton ;)

Yea, that was a dreadful display.. We were flying high after the Spurs match, but then we went typical Liverpool and blew it. We had awful possession and I'm pretty sure our center backs were celebrating St. Patrick's Day a day early..

Yea, that was a dreadful display.. We were flying high after the Spurs match, but then we went typical Liverpool and blew it. We had awful possession and I'm pretty sure our center backs were celebrating St. Patrick's Day a day early..

I do love to see Liverpool lose and obviously I'd like your lot to finish out of the top six. I'm sure you like it when United lose as well lol so I hope you can take a bit of banter. You have Aston Villa away this Sunday. Prediction? They beat you in the reverse fixture and I think they'll do it again.

Ughh...... Another Man U fan here :) forever and ever, but I never find it thrilling whenever we, or any other team is winning by a big..., no, HUGE margin. Only thing keeping it interesting for me is the dispute for the 3rd-5th positions. I remember last season, it was epic, still...those Citizens got the title, it was bittersweet, because even though MU lost the title, the league was exciting until the end. That's why I'm a bit more focused on Ligue 1 and Serie A for the time being.

• Like 1

If we play like we did last week we will most definitely lose. But I think we take this next match. im thinking a score line of 2-1. villa will be in a great mindset after that match with qpr too. I hope to god we play well, and with our inconsistency I have all but given up on trying to predict a Liverpool match outcome. Banter does not bother me at all. I lived in the HEART of Chelski-land so I've heard it all...

I do love to see Liverpool lose and obviously I'd like your lot to finish out of the top six. I'm sure you like it when United lose as well lol so I hope you can take a bit of banter. You have Aston Villa away this Sunday. Prediction? They beat you in the reverse fixture and I think they'll do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

What are your thought on the fixtures that took place this week? Lots of great football and I'm a happy guy that Liverpool walked out of Villa Park with a much needed win.. While i never like seeing a man lose his job, I am glad to see Sunderland part ways with O'neil. Its been some time coming.

• Like 1

I'm a happy guy that Liverpool walked out of Villa Park with a much needed win..

Same :D Another entertaining game to watch, as a Liverpool fan there has been quite a few of those this season, which makes a change from the past couple years.

I think sacking Martin O'Neil and appointment Paolo Di Canio is not looking good for Sunderland - Prediction relegation, if they can win the derby on 14th April 2013 against Newcastle United then maybe there a chance for them to survive. Hope I eat my word...

Queens Park Rangers game is running out, next match against Wigan Athletic is a MUST WIN...or else...

QPR player is being OVERPAID...

Arsenal and Wigan Athletic got a massive result Saturday

Shocking Result wil be Southampton 1-2 Chelsea. (Actually saw that coming but I never thought Chelsea will lose)

Save of the Week - Not Premier League but F.A Cup Quarter-Final Replay - Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United

Petr Cech stunning save Javier Hernandez header...WOW, even a ManU fan will sit up and claps.

Red Devils within me since 1984

What are your thought on the fixtures that took place this week? Lots of great football and I'm a happy guy that Liverpool walked out of Villa Park with a much needed win.. While i never like seeing a man lose his job, I am glad to see Sunderland part ways with O'neil. Its been some time coming.

In fairness Sunderland haven't given O'Neil a huge amount of money to invest in the squad so he's not really been able to bring in too many top quality players. They brought in Fletcher from Wolves and he did well at the start but then his goals started to dry up some what. I do feel for O'Neil because he's been at other clubs in the past and done well so he is a proven manager. 

Obviously Sunderland needed to do something because they are looking at relegation but with the players that are in that squad it's going to be a difficult task for any manager. Di Canio obviously has charisma and personality in abundance so maybe he'll spark some life into their team.

I'm just glad we played them last week and not this week ;)

I feel i shouldn't comment on this thread due to being ANOTHER Man United fan.....sorry!

Sunderland do require some kind of change and like Skippy said O'Neill is a good manager but not all jobs work for everyone.

Has been a lot of teams this season lacking form and they have all struggled to get any rhythm going despite not lacking decent players.

United have run away with it on pure consistency although they haven't played great a lot of the time.

• Like 1

Well my team Tottenham taking on Basel of Switzerland tonight in the Europa League should be a good game and I don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think but we should come through,  hope Newcastle do well against Benfica as well.

This is the premier league football thread. Take your Europa crap elsewhere.

Only Joking.

Dont you mean it's Bale vs Basle tonight? 

Good luck, hope you win and knockout Chelsea at some point.