Premier League Football (Soccer) Thread

ille1234

I am a Liverpool fan and this season has been very frustrating with our inconsistencies right throughout. Having said that I do see an improvement over last year.

3 points tomorrow against West Ham :awesome:

I sure hope we grab those much need 3 points. It has indeed been a very frustrating season, but we have had more than of our share of those over the last couple years. 

On the plus side we are building for the long haul, lots of young talent. Hopefully they don't get impatient and leave before the job is done. 

I am a Liverpool fan and this season has been very frustrating with our inconsistencies right throughout. Having said that I do see an improvement over last year.

My brother is a fan of Liverpool

I sure hope we grab those much need 3 points. It has indeed been a very frustrating season, but we have had more than of our share of those over the last couple years. 

On the plus side we are building for the long haul, lots of young talent. Hopefully they don't get impatient and leave before the job is done. 

I not sure Philippe Coutinho is on loan from Espanyol or Inter Milan or have they sign him but do Liverpool fan think Liverpool should sign him permanently. Some said he too lightweight for Premier League, other said sometime he blow hot and cold and inconsistent perform at Inter Milan. Only watch him twice, especial last week again Aston Villa, the way he pass it to Jordan Henderson, great passes and vision. :yay:

Devils within me since 1984 :devil:

I not sure Philippe Coutinho is on loan from Espanyol or Inter Milan or have they sign him but do Liverpool fan think Liverpool should sign him permanently. Some said he too lightweight for Premier League, other said sometime he blow hot and cold and inconsistent perform at Inter Milan. Only watch him twice, especial last week again Aston Villa, the way he pass it to Jordan Henderson, great passes and vision. :yay:

Devils within me since 1984 :devil:

No we signed him permanently from inter for 8m I think it was. He looks very promising lately but still has a long way to go

Ah here I was hoping for a win and we hardly had any clear cut chances on goal :unsure:  Story of our season

We seriously need to buy some creative players in the summer, today when Sturridge came on early I was afraid we never had anyone else that could change the game if we needed something different. I miss those European glory nights.

I agree with you in terms of our youthful team. Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson and Shelvey all look promising and could very well be world class in 3-4 years time.

My brother is a fan of Liverpool

We do have a strong contingent everywhere it seems :lol:

Uh oh, alot of Manchester United fans here *hides* :ninja: I support Manchester City, been to see them afew times and can surprisingly say ive never seen them lose when i have (i guess i havent seen them enough then, hah).

But yeah, disappointed with them this season, theyve been pretty lazy as if they were expecting to sail through it this time...

Edited by Ohellyeahh

So glad Bale isn't as badly injured as he could have been *huge sigh of relief* Good point against Everton in the end but was hoping that Sunderland could have done us a favour at Chelsea but never mind.  Crucial games that will define our season will be against City and Chelsea in the next few weeks, as well as the return leg against Basel on Thursday.

So how do you guys see the Manchester derby going tonight, as an outsider looking on can't really look past United to win.  City this season don't really seem to play as a team with any togetherness and Mancini appears to be already rhyming off the excuses.

So glad Bale isn't as badly injured as he could have been *huge sigh of relief* Good point against Everton in the end but was hoping that Sunderland could have done us a favour at Chelsea but never mind.  Crucial games that will define our season will be against City and Chelsea in the next few weeks, as well as the return leg against Basel on Thursday.

So how do you guys see the Manchester derby going tonight, as an outsider looking on can't really look past United to win.  City this season don't really seem to play as a team with any togetherness and Mancini appears to be already rhyming off the excuses.

Considering the form of both teams I'd say that it's quite even, United have had a hard time scoring for a few games. You never know though, games like these are not like others and players can play completely differently. Like you said, Mancini is already making up excuses and that just makes it seem like they've already given up.

You never know though, we all remember what happened last time the noisy neighbours came for a visit...

Not gonna make a lot of people happy, but I was happy with the way the Manchester derby went. City looked better than they did for a majority of the season. That was really the only thing that was going to take a little bit of the sting away from not retaining the title. Both clubs had a chance to win it, but Aguero's strike was sublime! Doesn't matter if you are a fan of either team or just a neutral, you are always hoping for a great match and i was happy that someone came out a winner..

As for the Liverpool front, I can't say i was surprised by the result. We are so bloody inconsistent I wish i could say i am happy with 1 point, but i cannot. We can play great then awful then mediocre. You grow tiresome of it, but what can you do. As i said earlier, its a young squad and we just have to hope we are building for a great future.

Not gonna make a lot of people happy, but I was happy with the way the Manchester derby went. City looked better than they did for a majority of the season. That was really the only thing that was going to take a little bit of the sting away from not retaining the title. Both clubs had a chance to win it, but Aguero's strike was sublime! Doesn't matter if you are a fan of either team or just a neutral, you are always hoping for a great match and i was happy that someone came out a winner..

Agree as what you said, Manchester City make use of the ball far better than United, United alway flick the ball here and there, all the flick alway land on the opponent feet.

Two tough away match coming up, hope United can get at least four points, next stop Britannia Stadium and West Ham United.

Liverpool is still building for the future so must patient, United too take several year to build to what they are today but when SAF retire, i also don't know what will happen to United.

Devils within me since 1984

Edited by foot_ball_nut

Who do you guys think is gonna win the FA Cup? 

Wednesday is the rehearsal Match, then you will get the ideal who will lift the cup in May.

As United fan, I will root for Wigan Athletic to win but it is a Long shot, anyway the ball is round and you never know what will happen in the Final.

You have to expect City to come through it with some dignity left but you never know, i will personally be cheering Wigan on the whole way as ANOTHER United fan - sorry!!

Have to say the tackle by Aguero on Luiz was unreal, can't belive he got away with that!!!! Other way around would be different.

I too will be hoping for a result in Wigan's favor.

But when it is all said and done the FA cup does not hold the same weight as it used to.. And that is a shame.

Domestically speaking all that matters anymore is winning the league or securing a top 4 finish.

In order to bring back any dignity to the FA cup i feel that the top 3 should qualify for the C.L. and have the winner of the F.A. cup have a berth into it as well.

If the winner of the FA cup already has a spot in the C.L. then give it to the fourth place team. Teams will still strive for that fourth spot and it will revitalize the FA Cup that used to mean sooo much more to the players and supporters. Your thoughts?

It true is that F.A cup is overtake by Champion League. I start support United is because of the F.A Cup passion and glory and he way they went to the final and lift the cup in Wembley Stadium.

Now team can reach Wembley in F.A Cup semi-final, no more "Road to Wembley".

Team that reach the final should only play in Wembley Stadium.

Now finsih top 4 consider winning a cup too...

Another Welsh Club coming to Premier League, past few season not quite make it but...they done it this season with flying color.

Welcome to Premier League - Cardiff City

Edited by foot_ball_nut

Yea im pretty excited to see Cardiff City come up.. They are my favorite Welsh Club. There are some pretty attractive fixtures this weekend the match im most looking forward to is definitely the Liverpool vs Chelsea match. I know, i know big shock huh. lol. but the return of Rafa should make for some interesting action. chelsea supporters hate him, we love the guy. There should be a pretty big welcome for him. But also we usually play Chelsea pretty well so im hoping we can come out of our funk and go up early and set the pace at Anfield. We desperately need these 3 points. I've all but given up on a top 4 finish, so now it is all about making the fans happy that we fought till the end. Hopefully they do.

What matches are you looking forward to most? And what are your predictions? 

Rafa will have a warm welcome at Anfield but not the name Fernando Torres.

Chelsea need three points more than Liverpool, hope Liverpool win too so that Chelsea have the chance to miss the Champion League spot.

End of the seasons if Chelsea don't make it, don't know what Roman Abramovich will react to the teams...or whenever cause he got nobody to sack now.

Now watching Sunderland v Everton now, Sunderland now leading 1-0 (52min).

Update: Sunderland battles hard to win 1-0 great result, won two in the row now, look like I may have to "EAT" up my comment on 2nd April 2013.

Edited by foot_ball_nut

Agreed, nobody was on Man U's level this year and they are without question the deserved champions. That second goal by RVP was pure quality(even though he was offside when Rooney played him the ball). But the finishing of that volley was superb. I wish the ending of the season would have been closer, but lets face it we won't see a finish like last years again.

But something about yesterday really bothered me. After the match they showed Patrice Evra biting that fake bloody hand(not the part that bothered me) that instantly caused an uproar within my own camp of supporters.This is what baffles me, they were fuming at Evra calling him a vulgur slurs and calling him a disgrace. Now I don't much care for Evra in any sense, especially after the whole racial abuse incident of which there was no concrete proof and we were left without our top scorer for 8 matches, but we have to look at the bigger picture here. He is making light of a current event that is the headlines of every football website in the world right now. Suarez biting Ivanovic.

Now lets take a look at our once highly respected and accomplished club and face that fact that the man who did the actual biting is the disgrace. I'm dumbfounded how we have blindly supported a man who has tarnished the reputation of one of Europe's top clubs of all time just because he is a scoring machine(he is). I mean this isn't even the first time he has bitten somebody. He bit someone during the biggest game of the Dutch footballing year Ajax vs PSV. 

Despite his goal scoring prowess, the man has been a walking controversy ever since he arrived here. Biting, diving, racial abuse, giving fulham supporters the finger, booting scott parker in the stomach the day his first match back, these are not even all of them. I'm ashamed with myself for constantly backing him and saying he just out there competing and im sure he is a great guy. But I am fed up, he is no good to us when he is out for 10 matches a season due to suspension. Surely i can't be the only Liverpool supporter/football supporter to think this.

My rant is over.. Sorry for the novel...

• Like 2

I'm not a supporter of a premiership team but do support a lower league club as I'm a Crewe supporter, was at Wembley last year for the play-off final and a few weeks to win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, was a season ticket holder a few years but a lack of money since then means i rarely go anymore.

Final game of the season is on Saturday at home to Walsall and out manager Steve Davis has already said that the starting X1 for the game will all be academy graduates

Bale walks away with both Player and Young Player of the year.. I'm glad he won it. He deserved it in my book. RVP was solid this year, Suarez was immense for liverpool. But Bale carried Spurs this season and they have the chance for a C.L. spot. Carrick was another that deserved it. Glad it went to Bale though!

On another note, I was ecstatic with the way Liverpool destroyed Newcastle at St. James'! Putting up 6 without Suarez was a big statement for our young guys. But too little too late for us. 

Bale also got the Football writers award today the guy has been immense for us this season hopefully he stays around for at least one more so we can push for the title next season, first things first though we need that Champions League position

I'm not a supporter of a premiership team but do support a lower league club as I'm a Crewe supporter, was at Wembley last year for the play-off final and a few weeks to win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, was a season ticket holder a few years but a lack of money since then means i rarely go anymore.

Final game of the season is on Saturday at home to Walsall and out manager Steve Davis has already said that the starting X1 for the game will all be academy graduates

Well done to Crewe BTW with the academy graduates winning, you've always had a good youth system there and looks like another few coming through again