Premier League Football (Soccer) Thread

ille1234

Huge congratulations for Bale. He pretty much made the team play better and be much better when it came to defining matches. Really can't argue against him being the undisputed player of the season in the whole league - no other player had as much weight in their team.

Tottenham's season shall be remembered as Bale FC's season lol.

I agree.. My mates and I have been referring to Spurs as Bale FC since about week 12... Glad to see him win it.. And he is still young so i cant wait to see what is next in his career.. Hopefully he stays in England but when teams like Barca and Real come calling it is hard to turn them down..

Well Spurs against Southampton at the Lane this weekend hopeful of 3 points and with Chelsea playing Man Utd on Sunday a chance to claw back some points too, Hopefully Lennon will be back from injury to give us the pace back on the right wing which we have been noticeably lacking since he got injured

In other things who would you guys like to see out of Watford and Hull get the automatic spot, I've got to admit Watford have played the more fluent and exciting football so I would like to see them clinch it, but it will be a tight final day and whoever does get it will be thoroughly deserved.

Hello everyone!

I just thought that I can't possibly be the only one around here that watches Premier League football so I thought I'd create a thread about it. I myself am a Manchester United fan, always have been, always will be.

I'm absolutelly thrilled about how the season is going so far and I think it's one of the most exciting seasons in a long time.

How do you feel about the season so far? Has your team been performing or underperforming perhaps? Feel free to discuss it here! :awesome:

CHAMPIONS :D

• Like 1

soon playoff time for the up :) pity palace are in there :shakefist:

Wolves are doomed as I can't see them beating you guys in the slightest at the AMEX, Barnsley to win at Huddersfield and  got a sneaky suspicion that Leicester will squeeze into the playoffs by beating Forest with Peterboro beating Palace as well, as they looked awful against Millwall in midweek.  :hmm:

The 4 for the playoffs I think are:

Hull

Brighton

Bolton

Leicester

The relegation teams as:

Sheff Wed

Wolves

Bristol City

• Like 1

I would so mock palace supporters - but that's derbies for you :)

Wolves may have a chance as Brighton will 'probably' play second team at the weekend before the playoffs. Not sure we'd want to go up yet though - another season building the team would be good

Interesting article on the BBC website this morning that Tony Fernandes (QPR owner for those that don't know) thinks he has been 'exploited' by agents that made him pay premium prices for players and wages while probably true that's not the biggest problem in my eyes  :blink:

I think that the problem was the turnover of players (A whole new team last summer if I'm right) never allowed them to get momentum to get a team ethic going, when you look at the squad that they have it is a solid group of players, but they never played as a team all season

Interesting article on the BBC website this morning that Tony Fernandes (QPR owner for those that don't know) thinks he has been 'exploited' by agents that made him pay premium prices for players and wages while probably true that's not the biggest problem in my eyes  :blink:

I think that the problem was the turnover of players (A whole new team last summer if I'm right) never allowed them to get momentum to get a team ethic going, when you look at the squad that they have it is a solid group of players, but they never played as a team all season

I think your right with the player problem, they never did play as well as they could've (obviously).

i think the problem was though that they kinda took this season for granted, as if because of their huge investments in players was guaranteed to keep them in the league and when they finally realized that that wasn't the case it was too late.

They gambled on a lot of their players (Park, Bosingwa, Samba). I think they where to naive when it came to those guys, they just hoped they had some of the old spark left, which they really didn't. And with Granero for example they never really knew if he was good enough, they only knew that he had played for Real Madrid, which in itself sounds good but it's no guarantee.

In the end it turned into the Taarabt show, which was quite ridiculous to watch at times, he would literally try to dribble from the half way line, although he did suceed at times it was still crazy even trying.

I could go on and on listing reasons as to why QPR where relegated but I'm not going to, no one wants to read all of that :P

Great match earlier today with Stoke and Sunderland. Sunderland deserved the point after Stoke's timid second half display. I thought it was going to be curtains for Sunderland after the sending off of Gardner. But after that Stoke looked absolutly dreadful. Pulis look like he was fine with 1-0 and it ended up costing them. Adam Johnson was my man of the match for they way he inspired Sunderland's second half revival. Anyone else catch this match?

Great match earlier today with Stoke and Sunderland. Sunderland deserved the point after Stoke's timid second half display. I thought it was going to be curtains for Sunderland after the sending off of Gardner. But after that Stoke looked absolutly dreadful. Pulis look like he was fine with 1-0 and it ended up costing them. Adam Johnson was my man of the match for they way he inspired Sunderland's second half revival. Anyone else catch this match?

Sunderland showed alot of heart and desire (Just hope they don't on the last day of the season against Spurs :P ), I agree that when Sunderland went down to 10 men Stoke took the foot off the gas and it looked like they were expecting it to be a cakewalk after that, but ended up being the complete opposite.

Tonight I'm rooting for Wigan against Swansea, Wigan's just one of those clubs that's run correctly don't spend beyond their means and deserve all the success they can get, even if that is staying in the Premiership  B)

EDIT: Just spotted that Dean Saunders has been sacked by Wolves, they really haven't learnt their lesson have they  :facepalm:

Edited by Greenguy81

Well it's the end of an era and Alex Ferguson retires at the end of the season, I might not be a Man Utd fan but you can't have anything but respect for Ferguson, what a career and I hope he enjoys his retirement (Although he is going onto the board at Utd can you imagine if the next manager gets it wrong whomever it is and he gets the Fergie Hairdryer treatment  :P )

• Like 2

x76IUlb.png

Any news if Jose will be picking up the job? I remember reading somewhere a while back that he would be an ideal replacement

The 2 names that are being banded around at the moment are Morinho and Moyes, personally I think it will be Moyes as he and Ferguson have alot of respect for each other and I think Moyes fits the Ferguson mould IMO

If The Times is anything to go by then David Moyes will be manager next season - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/manchesterunited/article3759033.ece

Also The Times is a horrible website. Making you actually 'subscribe' (whatever that entails) to see full articles

Full article - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJvpZGOCMAAArZ5.jpg:large

Edited by Lee