Need Rogue Kills Advice

So I need rogue kills, but I'm looking any advice to get them.

If your friend goes rogue, and you spawn near them without joining there group, does that count as a rogue kill? What tips can you give 1) trying to  find a rogue player and 2) whats the best way to kill another player and 3) do you have to have to be the one to get the final blow for it to count, or can you be just one of the people to damage him before he heals?

My PSN is BMJ2K7, feel free to message me on there, reply to this topic or however you want. Just looking tips, maybe find other players who need the same and we work together or give each other pointers, anything really to speed up the process since the player count in the DZ seems to be dwindling .

You need to get the final blow, not just "down" them but actually kill them.

I will also advise caution if you see a gang of rogues running in packs, they become rogue to attract you and then actually team up and kill you if you take the bait (this was the reason I gave up on the trophy - the community was pretty shitty in the DZ). Also be careful if there are other people trying to kill a rogue agent with you, if they run in front of you while you are shooting then you will become rogue.

Tbh, it's probably quicker and easier to just boost this with somebody. This trophy won't come easy if you try it naturally.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's pretty easy in the lowest-level DZ against randoms.

Get close to the max level (14?) to give yourself a power advantage against most opponents, who will generally be ill-equipped noobs. Most rogue attacks will happen on extractions, so hang around and wait for opportunities to take out rogues. Watch out for the level 99 guys, they're there to farm you!

If you take time to mix-max your low-level character by completing all of the medical missions and encounters to unlock skill points and little else, you can get the Recovery Link signature skill before levelling beyond the first DZ. Also take First Aid and Support Station to improve your chances of survival.

In terms of load-out, SMG and Shotgun would be advisable as most rogue encounters end up as short-range chicken dances. Take some time to farm purple gear from chests in infected zones and it shouldn't be overly difficult to solo the trophy.