IamSub0

Mad Pelicans

4 posts in this topic

Does getting the Mad Pelicans trophy also grant the Pelicans In Your Pocket trophy if you didn't already have it? I missed the first coin on my first playthrough, and didn't want to grab the coins on my speedrun (I was also going for the item box trophy at that time), so I was hoping that collecting all the coins on my madhouse run would cross both off my list. I'm not seeing any simultaneous unlocks on the list of achievers here, so I'm guessing that the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.

I doubt it would since they're a completely different set of coins and there's a different number of them. The lack of simultaneous unlocks seems like pretty convincing evidence too.

It's not that bad to grab them on the speedrun though. Most of the coins are not really out of the way and the time you get is pretty generous.

On normal or easy playthrough there are one set of coins to collect and there is a completely different set you need to collect on madhouse. There are a lot more coins on madhouse than normal/easy. You need to collect them on both difficulties. You have well enough time to collect them on your speedrun if you missed them as the time to complete it is pretty generous. 

I knew that there were more on Madhouse to grab, but I was thinking that they were normal set plus some extras, but if they're completely different I can see why they would require separate runs. I've already done my speedrun and now I'm on my third (Madhouse) play, which will give me everything but Pelicans in Your Pocket. Bummer. I wish I'd followed a coin guide from the beginning, that first one is so easy to miss. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by IamSub0