Rare Trophy Hunters League Revival! - On Hiatus

The scores are in!

Name Common Trophies Common Platinum Uncommon Trophies Uncommon Platinum Rare Trophies Rare Platinum Very Rare Trophies Very Rare Platinum Ultra Rare Trophies Ultra Rare Platinum Total Points
Danny_Johansen     1   7   1 1 23   606
Bojuka76 14   5   3   1   5 1 330
Teslacron_Prime 5       1   2 1   1 325

Everyone put up impressive scores this time around, @Danny_Johansen scoring more in a day than anyone had in a period. @Bojuka76's final push barely brought him past @Teslacron_Prime, so he and @Danny_Johansen are now competing in the final round. Good luck to both of you!

This is also the final day to vote in the poll (as if the winner hasn't already been decided yet). Once a winner has been officially announced, I will go more into detail about what's to come next season.

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bojuka76 said:

@jem12345 Yep, everything is up to date.

In that case, here are the scores!

Name Common Trophies Common Platinum Uncommon Trophies Uncommon Platinum Rare Trophies Rare Platinum Very Rare Trophies Very Rare Platinum Ultra Rare Trophies Ultra Rare Platinum Total Points
Danny_Johansen     2           5 3 702
Bojuka76 5   2   9   3   3   137

Congratulations @Danny_Johansen for being the first Champion of the Revival! Despite coming into the CWC in fourth place, you lived up to the rumors of being a rarity beast and took the competition by storm!

Thank you to everyone who participated. I hope most of you had a great time. Thanks also to @Kent10201 and @Psy-Tychist (especially @Psy-Tychist) for helping me run this league. A final update will be up in just a few minutes.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm back, and if you look at the front post, it looks a lot different than it did a few minutes ago.

The first obvious change is that RTHL Season Two is now officially confirmed for July 18th. The season schedule and countdown are at the bottom of the opening post. In the meantime, you can choose to retire and come back as many times as you please. Once again, you can sign up until the second the league starts, so don't feel obligated by signing up early. Speaking of,

On 6/21/2017 at 11:25 AM, gameoncomrade said:

Sign me up for next season! :yay:

Do you still want to sign up for next season? I thought I should ask again since it's been a while.

Next, there are four new rules for next season. If anyone has any questions about them, please let me know.

Spoiler
  1. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by the number of platinums, followed by number of ultra rare, then very rare, then uncommon, then common.

2. If someone earns no trophies in a period, he/she will earn no points (though having just common trophies can still potentially earn you points).

3. At the end of the season, first place will have 20 bonus points the first round of the CWC, 10 the second round, and 5 the third. Second will have 10 bonus points the first round and 5 the second round. Third will have 5 bonus points the first round.

4. If a player has an overall score less than 20, he/she will be unable to compete in the following season.

There's also now a Hall of Fame section for @Danny_Johansen and future winners of the league. I may add something to that section later.

Last, but not least, are the statistics pages. If you look at Season One, there is now a Hall of Fame tab featuring CWC scores, top ten season scores, and top ten period scores. I have also revealed the Career Statistics sheet with lifetime stats for league points, scores, and platinums. These updates were taken from the statistics tables from the Team League and were modified as needed. I hope everyone likes them.

That should be it for now. Now to wait for the next season!

• Like 2

I had a lot of fun competing in the league, especially during the CWC. It is my first time competing and didn't know what to aim for in terms of points during the CWC so I just popped as much as possible. I'm definitely returning for next season.

Thanks @jem12345, @Psy-Tychist and @Kent10201 for hosting and running the league.

I like the new rule of getting bonus points for the CWC as aiming for higher than 3rd place was mostly meaningless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jem12345 said:

Once again, you can sign up until the second the league starts, so don't feel obligated by signing up early. Speaking of,

Do you still want to sign up for next season? I thought I should ask again since it's been a while.

How unfortunate. I'm in California in this period of time. Sign me up for the next season after the upcoming! ?

2 hours ago, HcG Clawz said:

Sad I just fell outside of the top 4 even though I had more points than Danny. Pretty much shows you need to be pretty consistent .

Consistency mixed w brute force HcG. You came out the strongest, I was honestly gauging off you round 1, and was able to sustain it for 3 rounds. Even so, achieving 500 a round meant fuckall against 500+ a day. Constant pts during the regular season, strategy of saving up plats to start the CWC, and pure force to close it.. But I honestly feel the only way to defeat Johansen is to put her out of the CWC all together.  

5 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I like the new rule of getting bonus points for the CWC as aiming for higher than 3rd place was mostly meaningless.

The bonus points are worthless. There is no cheap advantage over your level of skill. And you put up so many points they would have been meaningless had our positions in the regular season been reversed, and you started the CWC +30. The only situation where these points apply is bt two ppl who are very very close in standing but don't know each others totals / strategy.  My brother and I were close on several occasions, but it was calculated. I guess they aren't worthless, to some.. time will tell.

Edited by Teslacron_Prime

3 hours ago, Teslacron_Prime said:

Consistency mixed w brute force HcG. You came out the strongest, I was honestly gauging off you round 1, and was able to sustain it for 3 rounds. Even so, achieving 500 a round meant fuckall against 500+ a day. Constant pts during the regular season, strategy of saving up plats to start the CWC, and pure force to close it.. But I honestly feel the only way to defeat Johansen is to put her out of the CWC all together.  

The bonus points are worthless. There is no cheap advantage over your level of skill. And you put up so many points they would have been meaningless had our positions in the regular season been reversed, and you started the CWC +30. The only situation where these points apply is bt two ppl who are very very close in standing but don't know each others totals / strategy.  My brother and I were close on several occasions, but it was calculated. I guess they aren't worthless, to some.. time will tell.

Yhea i think i was doing alright, there was one round where i just had very little time to play and ended up having like 160 points. That pretty much killed me. But i should have more time next season so should be able to perform better ^^

6 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

How unfortunate. I'm in California in this period of time. Sign me up for the next season after the upcoming! 1f62c.png

That sucks, but I understand. If we do immediately jump into a third season, it'll likely be late August/early September. Plenty of time to prep!

3 hours ago, Teslacron_Prime said:

The bonus points were originally much higher, but @Kent10201 talked me out of it, for better or worse. We'll see next season whether this actually makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

@jem12345 I had fun in season 1, but I'm going to have to drop out for the next one. 

Well, I'm glad you had fun at least. Feel free to join back anytime!