Rare Trophy Hunters League Revival! - On Hiatus

Sorry to interrupt the sh*t talking ;), but I am unclear about a few things. (Noob to this forum / competition, apologies):

Main Rules:

Rankings will be updated a total of four times, the final score having a maximum of four times the number of participants.
^/This last part. If there are 11 people, then is 44 the max points I can earn per session? (100ppl/400pts?)

Point Rules:

A game with the same trophy list will not be counted twice (different region/system).
^/To mean during the competition, or ever? Specifically on a repeat game I got plat some years ago, but now there is a PS4 version.
Edited by Teslacron_Prime

Just now, Teslacron_Prime said:

Sorry to interrupt the sh*t talking ;), but I am unclear about a few things. (Noob to this forum / competition, apologies)

Main Rules:

Hide contents
Rankings will be updated a total of four times, the final score having a maximum of four times the number of participants.
^/This last part. If there are 11 people, then is 44 the max points I can earn per session? (100ppl/400pts?)

Point Rules:

Hide contents
A game with the same trophy list will not be counted twice (different region/system).
^/To mean during the competition, or ever? Specifically on a repeat game I got plat some years ago, but now there is a PS4 version.

Your math is correct.

You can play any game (within the parameters) when the season starts. You just can't play the same game twice in the same season.

Hey jem couple additional questions. The 1 x 4 ratio of participants only counts toward player rank right? Or does is also count toward max points one can earn per period? Slightly confused about your wording. Lets say a game had 23 ultras, and I planned to divide their completion between period 3 and 4, saving the plat for CWC round 1.  That is 220 points per session 3, 4 (11 trophies x 20pt ultra multiplier).  Does each period require 55 people for all 220 points to count? Or am I overthinking this..

Second, and more critical, who does the counting for these competitions? Is it a third party or do we confirm each other's progress? The rarity leaderboard suggested above only tracks overall, doesn't allow screening based on your criteria. 

Finally, you listed the contest as Season 1,  would the next Season be this fall or next year?

4 hours ago, Teslacron_Prime said:

Hey jem couple additional questions. The 1 x 4 ratio of participants only counts toward player rank right? Or does is also count toward max points one can earn per period? Slightly confused about your wording. Lets say a game had 23 ultras, and I planned to divide their completion between period 3 and 4, saving the plat for CWC round 1.  That is 220 points per session 3, 4 (11 trophies x 20pt ultra multiplier).  Does each period require 55 people for all 220 points to count? Or am I overthinking this..

Second, and more critical, who does the counting for these competitions? Is it a third party or do we confirm each other's progress? The rarity leaderboard suggested above only tracks overall, doesn't allow screening based on your criteria. 

Finally, you listed the contest as Season 1,  would the next Season be this fall or next year?

The 1x4 refers to your rank, not points. The amount of points you can earn per period is more or less infinite.

The admins will count the scores every five days. As of right now, this event has no connection with the rarity leaderboard.

Towards the end the season, I will put up a poll for which league to go to next. We could immediately go to a Season 2, or we can have the Team League revived for a Season 6 or even a new league revived. It's all up to the crowd. If we don't immediately go to Season 2, we'll just have to wait until this league is voted for again.

Edited by jem12345

Just now, Hemiak said:

This is tempting since I've always had more success here than the THL. When is the latest we can sign up, as I don't know how much time I'll have that far away?

You can sign up until right when the event starts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

I'm in too, im still playing Yakuza now, so not  a lot of common trophies, but time consuming rare ones.

You've been added!

It's great to see some players I haven't competed against in a while come out from the shadows.

1 hour ago, Rach said:

@jem12345 I wanted to ask, if this is as successful as anticipated, could we see a longer season in the future? :)

Do you mean longer as in it being a full month or longer as in more frequent?

I'd say if the same league is voted on twice in a row, we can make it longer. I just went with the format of the Team League and made the main season twenty days. If a season's too long, people might not be able to commit for the entire time and choose not to participate.

5 hours ago, jem12345 said:

Do you mean longer as in it being a full month or longer as in more frequent?

I'd say if the same league is voted on twice in a row, we can make it longer. I just went with the format of the Team League and made the main season twenty days. If a season's too long, people might not be able to commit for the entire time and choose not to participate.

I was thinking longer with being a full month :)  

Purely selfish motivation as most of my rare games are 80+ hours -_-

• Like 1

UPDATE: I forgot to add a very important rule regarding points.

8. If a game is less than a month old, it won't count (because getting UR Telltale trophies is pretty ridiculous).

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that a game has an inflated rarity when it first comes out. If a game's rarity hasn't "stabilized" yet, then I don't think it's fair to play it for this league. I checked, and this was thankfully the only rule I forgot to include, so there will be no more surprises before the start of the season. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

• Like 1