Pavani_

I have 2 questions about renting a server

6 posts in this topic

Game is pretty much dead (on dlc), so i was planning on renting a server and do the trophies with a friend.

- Is it possible to unlock trophies on rented servers?

- If i rent a server, can i start a game with only 2 players?

i believe you can only start with 4 player (make a session on the site to get extra players) and normally you get the custom/ranked option on your server so as long as you run ranked matches im preatty sure trophies pop :) but i havn't played on the dlc but i know i got some base game multiplayer trophies on unofficial server so guess it's same for dlc 

You can unlock trophies in rented servers as long as it isn't password protected from what I remember. You need 4 to start a game unfortunately 

I have 0 problems finding any game mode on any maps.

I am assuming since you don't know you can earn trophies on rented, that means your search filter is set improperly. (e.g. no custom)

Renting to boost is a waste of money.

29 minutes ago, A12 said:

I have 0 problems finding any game mode on any maps.

I am assuming since you don't know you can earn trophies on rented, that means your search filter is set improperly. (e.g. no custom)

Renting to boost is a waste of money.

The filters are set to the 4 dlc maps, north america and my region, that's all.

ive rented servers before on bf3 and bf4. the dlc wasnt dead for me at all it was full every match last i played bf1. your settings might be wrong. but renting a server is kind of a waste unless you have 3 others to boost with you. ive rented them before trying to get dlc trophies on i think bf4 and i couldnt get the server to fill with anyone i literally did not use the server at all and wasted my money because nobody joined. at most i would get one person to join and they would leave waiting to long. but that was when the game had been out a long time. so ive rented them before when bf3 was fairly new and they filled up pretty quick. so relaly what im trying to say is its gonna go like this usually, your either going to sit in a dead server waiting forever for someone to join if u have nobody to invite. and if your trying to boost with just 4 people once that server sees it has a few people in it its going to be bumped up and fump a bunch of people in it making it hard to boost in. so its usually either completely dead or full. your best bet for boosting with 4 people would be playing at like 1 or 3am when most people are asleep during a weekday. since the game really isnt that old its prob not going to be to dead. also when you rent a server and you tinker with its settings lets say you set the match up wrong and u wanna change it, you have to wait until the entire round is done its not going to let you just close a match so you could be waiting a hour to see your new settings, and then if you do it wrong, another hour and etc lol. there really shouldnt be anything to boost in that game though i plattted that game and its dlc in one week. and i didnt even play it that much really. its super fast.