Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - A PSNProfiles Continuous Multiplayer Gaming Event

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Cool, I added you.

P.S. Thank you for finding an icon, that's another new character of which the icon is not widely available!

... No I don't.

Thanks!

You're welcome, I reserved imaged searched the others since I figured it'd make your life easier.

pffffft.

• Like 1

Just now, DuckSwimmer said:

I reserved imaged searched the others since I figured it'd make your life easier.

Well, the images I have are from the Mario Kart wiki, which only has good icons of the Wii U characters. You'll notice that the Inkling Girl icon is quite a bit cruder than the rest, had to whiten that background myself.

1 minute ago, cjshaitan said:

I checked both the sessions but they are to early for me. couple of hrs later would work but no dramas. Just hit me up if we are on at same time and want to have a race or ten ?

Well on Sunday more than one hour later is not doable for me, on Saturday I don't really mind though. Does GMT 2200-2300 work for you?

Otherwise, just suggest a time yourself - that's the point of this event after all, that everybody finds someone to play with when they want to play.

By the way, to all Saturday players; I'll most likely have a second player joining me (my brother-in-law) for our session.

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, the images I have are from the Mario Kart wiki, which only has good icons of the Wii U characters. You'll notice that the Inkling Girl icon is quite a bit cruder than the rest, had to whiten that background myself.

This is the site I got Dry Bones from if you want to see if the quality is the same.

https://jp.samurai-gamers.com/m-cart8/character/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

This is the site I got Dry Bones from if you want to see if the quality is the same.

https://jp.samurai-gamers.com/m-cart8/character/

I was fishing for that, thanks a bunch!

Does look good so I'll replace that horrible home-made Inkling with the one from that site. Only thing is that those images are a couple of pixels smaller than the rest but that's an easy fix once I'm on a computer again.

P.S. @cjshaitan do you already know what character you'll be playing as, or are you still finding your way and trying things out?

Edited by BillyHorrible

On 5/18/2017 at 8:18 AM, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, icon suits me just fine (until they add SolidSnake/BigBoss DLC) thank you, and yes, I will play on the times posted.  

Sadly I think the Konami/MGS partnership with Nintendo is now deader than dead with Konami's stupid decisions of the past few years. 

Hell, maybe a port/remaster of SSB Brawl would have to remove Solid Snake. :(

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sadly I think the Konami/MGS partnership with Nintendo is now deader than dead with Konami's stupid decisions of the past few years. 

Hell, maybe a port/remaster of SSB Brawl would have to remove Solid Snake. :(

yeah, I know.  It's sad.  

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:

yeah, I know.  It's sad.  

My first encounter with MGS was actually Twin Snakes on Gamecube (which I played on my Wii), and I loved the little Nintendo touches like Otacon having a Yoshi toy on his desk. I'm terrible at fighting games, but I loved seeing Solid show up in the story campaign in SSB Brawl. 

1 minute ago, MosesRockefeller said:

My first encounter with MGS was actually Twin Snakes on Gamecube (which I played on my Wii), and I loved the little Nintendo touches like Otacon having a Yoshi toy on his desk. I'm terrible at fighting games, but I loved seeing Solid show up in the story campaign in SSB Brawl. 

I've never had the chance to play Twin Snakes.  I've heard it's a bit over the top but I'd still like to play it.  Hopefully (doubt it) it comes to VC at some point other wise I'll probably get a cube and find a copy as it is the only MGS game I've never played.  

20 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I've never had the chance to play Twin Snakes.  I've heard it's a bit over the top but I'd still like to play it.  Hopefully (doubt it) it comes to VC at some point other wise I'll probably get a cube and find a copy as it is the only MGS game I've never played.  

I'm one of those weirdos who never played the original. My MGS "mentor" correctly assumed that I'd have a hard time getting into MGS1 coming from PC gaming in the PS3/X360 era, so he found out I had a Wii and lent me Twin Snakes, and got me hooked on the series (which is what led to me getting a PS3, and the upcoming-at-the-time Ground Zeroes played a part in me getting a PS4). Anyway, he said there was a missile jumping scene in Twin Snakes that bugged him but everything else was fairly similar. 

Having played the entire series now (okay, I skipped the PSP "semi-canon" games but I did play Peace Walker HD on PS3), I think Snake jumping off a missile in flight is far, far from the most over-the-top thing in the series. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@angelgrievous @MosesRockefeller

Seeing as Moses is more into battle than into races and since I do enjoy some races, how does 5 battles - 4 races - 5 battles sound for the upcoming session?

That should work. 

I actually knocked out the first 50cc cup this morning to have a tiny bit of practice. 

Also, I forgot to mention before, but you may see me online playing MK8 i the morning over here on weekdays. It would be 7-8 EST so 11-12 GMT. That's not me, it's my neighbor's kid who comes over to hang out before the school bus comes to take him to school. Since I'm a nice guy, I let him play it even though I'm on the way to work by then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

That works for me.  

10 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sorry guys, I probably can't make today's session. I'm still onboard for tomorrow though. 

BOOOOOOO!

Some of my plans got delayed until tomorrow. Would you guys mind if tomorrow instead of GMT 2000, we'd start at GMT 2130?

I'll be busy this week and next weekend so I won't have as much time to update the OP or be active in the threads at all.

I wouldn't mind playing on the fourth of June, and I'm pretty flexible regarding time.

@cjshaitan, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, would you be able to game on June 4 or on the morning of June 5, and if so, what times?

@angelgrievous, @DuckSwimmer, @MosesRockefeller, would you be able to game on June 4 and if so, what times?

Also @all, you really don't have to wait for me to suggest sessions, you can suggest them yourselves as well. That would be especially handy for next weekend, when I'm not available.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll be busy this week and next weekend so I won't have as much time to update the OP or be active in the threads at all.

I wouldn't mind playing on the fourth of June, and I'm pretty flexible regarding time.

@cjshaitan, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy, would you be able to game on June 4 or on the morning of June 5, and if so, what times?

@angelgrievous, @DuckSwimmer, @MosesRockefeller, would you be able to game on June 4 and if so, what times?

Also @all, you really don't have to wait for me to suggest sessions, you can suggest them yourselves as well. That would be especially handy for next weekend, when I'm not available.

Sounds good June 4th would be better as a Sunday. I am free anytime from 9am AEST (GMT+10), happy with whatever works. I think that is Saturday evening in America right ?

Edited by cjshaitan

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Sounds good June 4th would be better as a Sunday. I am free anytime from 9am AEST (GMT+10), happy with whatever works. I think that is Saturday evening in America right ?

900at GMT+10 is 100 for me... later would be better, starting 800 GMT for me so 1800 for you, if that's okay. Will probably be later still if @angelgrievous and/or @DuckSwimmer want to join since 800 GMT is 400 for them... 800 for them would mean 1200 GMT, so 2200 for you, is that manageable?

Naturally you could play at your 900, which would be 1900 on Saturday for angel and Duck, but I won't join at that time.

11 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

June 4 probably won't work for me, there is a family get-together in the afternoon. 

BOOOO!

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

900at GMT+10 is 100 for me... later would be better, starting 800 GMT for me so 1800 for you, if that's okay. Will probably be later still if @angelgrievous and/or @DuckSwimmer want to join since 800 GMT is 400 for them... 800 for them would mean 1200 GMT, so 2200 for you, is that manageable?

Naturally you could play at your 900, which would be 1900 on Saturday for angel and Duck, but I won't join at that time.

BOOOO!

Every time you say "BOOOO!" I imagine the old lady from The Princess Bride. 

I probably could play on Saturday at 1900 or Sunday at 800, FYI. My family event is 1300-1500 on Sunday my time, so 1700-1900 GMT, and I wouldn't be available about 2 hours before or after that to account for driving time (it's a long drive). 

5 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Every time you say "BOOOO!" I imagine the old lady from The Princess Bride. 

Haven't seen it yet...

5 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I probably could play on Saturday at 1900 or Sunday at 800, FYI. My family event is 1300-1500 on Sunday my time, so 1700-1900 GMT, and I wouldn't be available about 2 hours before or after that to account for driving time (it's a long drive). 

I'd suggest then that you and @cjshaitan do a session on 2300GMT on Saturday (so 9AM for cj), and we'll do 800 your time on Sunday (1200 GMT, 2200 for the Australians) if more people can join.

I'll add those two at least to the roster, with you and cj on the first and you and me on the second, let's see who else can join...

On 18-5-2017 at 3:57 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

And I just heard the news about what they patched out. That thing with her arm, apparently was an F you gesture. I thought it was a cutesy reference to the "We Can Do It" pro-feminism poster from way back when and thought it was a really cool little nod honestly, but nope. And then they patched it out like little bitches anyway. God damn, who cares? The middle finger isn't even up. Damn.

Just saw more on this, hadn't noticed the gesture myself yet since I usually finish first myself, in those select few fails I wasn't checking out whoever finished before me and what their gesture was.

Definitely a culture barrier as in several countries here, that gesture is worse than the middle finger. Remember, little kids play this game too.