Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - A PSNProfiles Continuous Multiplayer Gaming Event

Just now, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh my god, correct that mistake ASAP! What a classic movie. 

I actually obtained it on DVD a while ago, haven't gotten around to seeing it yet as I thought it would be fun to watch with the missus but it turned out she had seen it already and didn't like it at all; when I actually get some time to watch stuff on my own then I usually go for the horror she doesn't want to watch (American Horror Story, Penny Dreadful) or the humour she can't stand (Archer, Bojack) so slipping in a movie is tough.

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I actually obtained it on DVD a while ago, haven't gotten around to seeing it yet as I thought it would be fun to watch with the missus but it turned out she had seen it already and didn't like it at all; when I actually get some time to watch stuff on my own then I usually go for the horror she doesn't want to watch (American Horror Story, Penny Dreadful) or the humour she can't stand (Archer, Bojack) so slipping in a movie is tough.

I know what you mean, trust me! When we were dating we watched like 3 movies in an afternoon's date. Now we're lucky to watch ONE in a whole weekend (where Friday and Saturday nights shouldn't be a problem, and Sunday should be doable sometimes). I love movies, so it makes me sad sometimes. 

Thankfully I have my train commute in the morning and evening to get in a hour-ish show each way, but that still doesn't help us see movies. On Saturday I had to go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 by myself because the wife wasn't interested and she would rather stay with the babies. 

And I do know a few people that didn't like Princess Bride, so that's not too shocking to me. It was part of my childhood but it might not be as fun for somebody watching it later in life. Hell, on Friday I talked to a coworker who had never seen a Star Wars movie. And he's around my age, mid 30's. I was just... at a complete loss for words. 

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I know what you mean, trust me! When we were dating we watched like 3 movies in an afternoon's date. Now we're lucky to watch ONE in a whole weekend (where Friday and Saturday nights shouldn't be a problem, and Sunday should be doable sometimes). I love movies, so it makes me sad sometimes. 

Thankfully I have my train commute in the morning and evening to get in a hour-ish show each way, but that still doesn't help us see movies. On Saturday I had to go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 by myself because the wife wasn't interested and she would rather stay with the babies. 

And I do know a few people that didn't like Princess Bride, so that's not too shocking to me. It was part of my childhood but it might not be as fun for somebody watching it later in life. Hell, on Friday I talked to a coworker who had never seen a Star Wars movie. And he's around my age, mid 30's. I was just... at a complete loss for words. 

I wasn't talking about watching a movie together, we still do that often enough (though most of the time we go for a series instead), I was talking about watching a movie on my own. Most of the time when I watch a movie without her, I'm at the cinema with my brother-in-law, we both have an unlimited pass. Went for a day of movie watching yesterday (instead of Saturday, which is why I was home a bit later for Karting) - went to see Alien Covenant, The Circle and King Arthur.

33 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I wasn't talking about watching a movie together, we still do that often enough (though most of the time we go for a series instead), I was talking about watching a movie on my own. Most of the time when I watch a movie without her, I'm at the cinema with my brother-in-law, we both have an unlimited pass. Went for a day of movie watching yesterday (instead of Saturday, which is why I was home a bit later for Karting) - went to see Alien Covenant, The Circle and King Arthur.

I see, that's actually clear now that I re-read your last post. Well, now you have a nice anecdote about married life with kids and long commutes... there's not much time for spending time together (sometimes all we can squeeze in is a 30-minute show, nevermind an hour show or 90-minute+ movie). I'm not selling you on the idea of having kids, am I? :)

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I see, that's actually clear now that I re-read your last post. Well, now you have a nice anecdote about married life with kids and long commutes... there's not much time for spending time together (sometimes all we can squeeze in is a 30-minute show, nevermind an hour show or 90-minute+ movie). I'm not selling you on the idea of having kids, am I? :)

We have a dog, I think that's enough for now. At least the dog will just go hiking with us and won't complain that he wants to stay back at the camping with his game boy and his fake holiday friends he won't ever see again anyway even though they add each other on facebook.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Haven't seen it yet...

I'd suggest then that you and @cjshaitan do a session on 2300GMT on Saturday (so 9AM for cj), and we'll do 800 your time on Sunday (1200 GMT, 2200 for the Australians) if more people can join.

I'll add those two at least to the roster, with you and cj on the first and you and me on the second, let's see who else can join...

The 2200 time for me would work a lot better. Will mark it down. ?

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

We have a dog, I think that's enough for now. At least the dog will just go hiking with us and won't complain that he wants to stay back at the camping with his game boy and his fake holiday friends he won't ever see again anyway even though they add each other on facebook.

Somebody's been watching teenager movies! :P

I should point out that I was never that bad as a teenager. I pulled that crap once or twice but for the most part I was a family "team player". Self-centeredness isn't unique to teenagers, it's just that some of us (hopefully most of us) outgrow that trend. If my commute and working in a major metropolitan area has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of teenagers in 40-year old bodies. 

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Somebody's been watching teenager movies! :P

I should point out that I was never that bad as a teenager. I pulled that crap once or twice but for the most part I was a family "team player". Self-centeredness isn't unique to teenagers, it's just that some of us (hopefully most of us) outgrow that trend. If my commute and working in a major metropolitan area has taught me anything, it's that there are a lot of teenagers in 40-year old bodies. 

Teenager movies? I was talking about my little brother ?

Personally I enjoyed staying at the camping from time to time as well, going to the swimming pool and playing table tennis or whatever with others. But most of the time I would go along with my parents as well, especially hiking was something I never protested about.

31 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Yo I'll join in. :D I've only played races myself so far, but I used to enjoy battle on the other Mario Karts. I play as Princess Peach <3 and my time is GMT+1 atm. 

Welcome! You've been added. Can you join one or both of the two planned sessions, and/or have you thought of some times/dates that work well for yourself?

@cjshaitan at some point, it'll get weird that you haven't chosen a character yet...

58 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Welcome! You've been added. Can you join one or both of the two planned sessions, and/or have you thought of some times/dates that work well for yourself?

I can do the one from 12:00-13:00 gmt

I'm off work from May 26th for 2 weeks, so any sessions then will probably be fine for me. Unless it ends up being in the middle of the night or something due to time differences.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 8:19 AM, BillyHorrible said:

900at GMT+10 is 100 for me... later would be better, starting 800 GMT for me so 1800 for you, if that's okay. Will probably be later still if @angelgrievous and/or @DuckSwimmer want to join since 800 GMT is 400 for them... 800 for them would mean 1200 GMT, so 2200 for you, is that manageable?

Naturally you could play at your 900, which would be 1900 on Saturday for angel and Duck, but I won't join at that time.

BOOOO!

I'll have to see if I'm working that day. I should know by next week.

Current planned sessions:

Sunday 2017-06-04, GMT 100-200.

Participants: @cjshaitan and @MosesRockefeller

Sunday 2017-06-04, GMT 1200-1300.

Participants: @cjshaitan @MosesRockefeller, @zajac9999 and myself.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy, @angelgrievous, @DuckSwimmer, want to join in either session or both? Sorry if you already said you couldn't, I just @'ed everyone who hasn't signed up for at least one of the sessions.

@all, remember you can just suggest a session time of your own if you want to. Personally, if it's between 2000-2200GMT on any day I will definitely try to join.

Note to all the events I'm in: you'll notice I will be a lot less active on the threads. Nothing dramatic, just need/want to spend more time on other stuff (like actual gaming, and planning my next holiday). I will keep doing events though and I will keep updating the events I run at least once a month, probably at least once a week.

3 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

I'm up for a session or two between 20:00-22:00 gmt over the next couple of weeks. Could do this Thursday if you can @BillyHorrible?

Shouldn't be a problem for me, though it's probably better for the nerves to just do one hour. 2000-2100 sound alright to you?

Thursday is definitely the best day for me to play in the next few days, so good choice.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Shouldn't be a problem for me, though it's probably better for the nerves to just do one hour. 2000-2100 sound alright to you?

Thursday is definitely the best day for me to play in the next few days, so good choice.

Oh yeh, an hour is fine. I meant more playing for an hour between those times but 20:00-21:00 is fine/ Hopefully a couple of others can also join. :)

2 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Oh yeh, an hour is fine. I meant more playing for an hour between those times but 20:00-21:00 is fine/ Hopefully a couple of others can also join. :)

I've added it to the OP. If someone wants to join but can only manage a bit later, it's good to know that we both are available 2100-2200. Personally I prefer 2000-2100 because 2200 is midnight for me and I have a long day on Friday, but I don't mind going on later if it means more people will join and I probably won't mind going beyond the planned session time.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've added it to the OP. If someone wants to join but can only manage a bit later, it's good to know that we both are available 2100-2200. Personally I prefer 2000-2100 because 2200 is midnight for me and I have a long day on Friday, but I don't mind going on later if it means more people will join and I probably won't mind going beyond the planned session time.

I'm pretty much available for the next couple of weeks, or at least can move my schedule around and make myself available as I'm off work. So if people need to do a bit earlier or later then it's fine for me. 

On 5/30/2017 at 1:59 PM, BillyHorrible said:

My friend code for switch is 3198-1447-4798.

I don't really mind who adds me, but if people from here do that'd be good. :)

13 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sorry all, I don't think I'll be able to make the sessions for this weekend. In the future I won't commit until closer to the weekend. 

That's too bad.

@cjshaitan @zajac9999 we still on for today, GMT 1200? It's still doable for me I think, almost had some plans that would have ruined it but I rescheduled.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy @angelgrievous @DuckSwimmer are you able to join today? (I'm just blindly @'ing people who are not in the session again)