MidnightCJ's Wall of Platinum Evidence

MidnightCJ

banneroflove.png

If you have seen my older thread as DetectiveCJ, I used to be DetectiveCJ. I was smart enough not to create a thread when I was NebbyLunala. So yeah, as you can probably tell, I have five accounts on PSNProfiles.com, but this is my true account, the one I won't change, I swear on my ancestors that I will never make another PSN account. It's getting to become too expensive and too troublesome. (I'm surprised the free e-mail server site I used doesn't check to see who is making the e-mail accounts to ensure protection against fraud! ?)

I was inspired by Midnight Louie, a fictional black cat who lives in Sin City and helps a woman he cohabitates with(he remains a stray cat and never stays at home, which helps the woman he lives with to solve murder mysteries - I really recommend the Midnight Louie series if you don't mind a little profanity and love The Cat Who books), and thus my current moniker. I have been playing Playstation for over ten years but have recently been serious about trophy hunting - when I saw how I got rewarded with a trophy when I did something special in the games I loved, I never looked back... and that's a problem as I have OCD, so I try to get 100% in everything. Hoo boy!

So here we go again with my new list of platinums and other milestones. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on them! ^_^

(NOTE: I mention a guy who wrote a bunch of platinum trophy guides for Youtube. You can check his videos out - which he is keeping up despite quitting Youtube - in the StayPationt link. Also, all games mentioned were played on the PS4 unless I state it being on the Vita or there is no PS4 version of the game, which is sort of rare.)

My General Goals:

1. Try to keep the completion as high as possible by getting 100% in each game I put on the account as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  2. Try not to kill myself just for a platinum and have fun despite the struggle.

My Goals for 2017:

1. Earn my 50th platinum. *DONE AND DUSTED!*
  2. Earn my 65th platinum.
  3. Get to game rank 20.
  4. Get 5000 trophies in total. *DONE AND DUSTED*
  5. Get over 30000 trophies in total.

Black-cat-marvelous-hd-wallpaper.jpgPlatinums 1-10

1L7f7c31.png#1: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (April 12, 2017)

Thoughts: I decided to start with this game as it was really a dramatic masterpiece for me. I did have some problems(a book and map glitched out on me and I was unable to get Bibliophile or Lost the first playthrough, so I had to get those and Completionist on my second playthrough after I got Radio Enthusiast, which meant a LOT of backtracking) but all in all it was a beautiful piece. Having earned the platinum of this game on my last account, this was a nice refresher. I had the help of a guide for this game. (The guide owner has dropped out of Youtube, sadly.)

1L93a7c4.png #2: N. E. R. O. (Earned April 13, 2017)

Thoughts: Another really touching masterpiece. There weren't as many things to do but the game had one nitpick in that the game had to be played on a Thursday for one trophy to be accessible. (I was lucky and a Thursday was coming up. ?) Even so, the game was very surreal and beautiful in its own right. A great game and the puzzles can be survived if you follow a guide. (Yes, most of the games in this first set had me follow a guide, but then again I have exhausted my exploration desires on Artifex Mundi's titles.)

1L9a0bce.png#3: Deponia (Earned April 14, 2017)

Thoughts: "It's kinda pathetic, how you get erratic..." I really think the songs that were sung between acts were really humorous. ^_^ Anyways, this game... it's a port of the first of a P&C(point-and-click adventure) series on the PC and I hope that the makers port the remaining games on the PC because I am very curious how Rufus plans to get out of the problems he created because his selfish ego conflicts with his good-natured heart. Seriously, check the game out! :D Again, I followed a guide by the same guy whose guides I followed for most of the games in this set, and he does a great job at guiding you through.

1L8d9407.png#4: Nubla (Earned April 15, 2017)

Thoughts:The easiest and fastest platinum I have earned so far. Actually created by a classroom of students in a foreign unversity as part of a school curriculum, this game showcases such Van Goghistic art that it really makes you feel like you are in the museum that the hero is trapped in! You'll probably need a guide to figure out the puzzles in this game, but StayPationt has a guide for this game as well. I hate saying "check out this guy's guides" so you don't have to check them out if you want to struggle through the game yourself, I just want to provide help if you can't get it. Not like this game needs any help unless you miss a collectible, which I did the first time I played this game on my old account.

1Le737b9.png#5: Clockwork Tales - Of Glass and Ink (Earned April 15, 2017)

Thoughts: Ah, the first of many games I put my soul into. Curse you, Artifex Mundi! xD

This game is really fun, though. There are guides for the puzzles but the hidden-object puzzles are random and each of the games in the company's name has a trophy involving completing such a puzzle without making many mistakes, so it can be a bit frustrating, especially since the games auto-save at points, like during puzzles. Still, a great game, especially if you like steampunk adventures. ;)

1L7b0d30.png#6: Hitman GO - Definitive Edition (Earned April 16, 2017)

Thoughts: For the record, this is the only game in the Hitman series I will touch. I'm not into playing an assassin(which is why I avoided Assassin's Creed and its lineage like the plague), especially a modern one. Even so, this is a really easy trophy if you use a guide to find out how to complete each board and get all the challenges done, and it's cheap, so I put it on the list. If you love Hitman, you should try this out - it'll give you a break from murdering important dignitaries in the upcoming Hitman game. ;)

1Lf116e4.png#7: Lara Croft GO (Earned April 16, 2017)

Thoughts: Likewise, I have never played any of the Tomb Raider series. Still, I connect more with Lara Croft than Agent 47. What can I say? I love female video game main characters. ^_^ (To add in, I am a guy but I don't care much about Lara Croft's beauty. I have long since desensitized myself to sex so looking at any female in any state of undress more squicks me than arouses me.) This game is a lot more animated than Hitman GO and really fun to play. Again, it's easy to get all the trophies with a text guide, and unlike Hitman GO, you can abuse hints if you don't want to play at all and focus on the jars holding the collectibles.

1L611434.png#8: The Little Acre (Earned April 16, 2017)

Thoughts: Another P&C but the controls are a bit janky so some of the trophies are a bit hard to claim, especially since they are timed. Still, it's a cute cartoonish graphic adventure which might be fun for the kids. I used a guide for this game but I enjoyed seeing the animations and hearing the voices that were given. Props.

1Lf4cd41.png#9: Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Earned April 17, 2017)

Thoughts: I had played Maniac Mansion and beat it when I was a teen, so I was a little wary of the sequel. But when this game came out for free on PS Plus during January, I had to take it. The game wasn't as gross or squicky as I had thought and you can even enable developer commentary where the creators(Double Fine ported it from the LucasArts people after the latter was absorbed by Disney) chat and joke about the struggles and puzzles in the game. If you like tentacles(the talking kind, not the X-rated kind) then this is the game for you!

1L5a3915.png#10: LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4 (Earned April 21, 2017)

Thoughts:Having completed the above game, I took a break to play computer games and try to earn more trophies on harder games. Then I found the Legacy Collection of LEGO Harry Potter was on sale for 75% off! I had to get it. Thank goodness these two classics were remade into HD on the PS4 and everything else was kept except some game-breaking bugs. But why was it $60 when you can get both of the games on it for the PS3 for less than $30 used? *sigh*

Anyways, being a Potterman, I really enjoyed revisiting the games, although I was reluctant at first when people said that even worse bugs could corrupt your save data. But I was careful and managed to get through unscathed. I know Traveler's Tales is richer than Bill Gates(or so I think) because of our loyalty but that doesn't give them an excuse to put out collections that cost twice as much as their older versions are worth and not give a decent beta-test for it! Still, I am not too salty about that. This game was more favorable than the other one(which is three games down) because I enjoyed the first four Harry Potter books more. Chamber of Secrets will always be my favorite book in the Harry Potter series.

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 3

Black-Cats4.jpg Platinums 11-20

1Led4d24.png#11: Buff Knight Advanced (Earned April 21, 2017)

Thoughts: This is a fun mindless little game that can be seriously frustrating rage fuel for casual games but I managed to eventually get through it. It's an 8-bit style with cool 8-bit music and basically you walk to the right, monsters come in from the right, and you must kill them and complete stages to get artifacts and hopefully rescue a princess. Oh, and you will die. A lot. It's the Dark Souls of 8-bit rail shooters. But the only way you can improve your character is by dying as the shop is only available when you get a Game Over. Some of the trophies are painful but I am not going to be a quitter anymore and I found a video guide for getting the one trophy involving getting a fairy quiz right 15 times in five seconds.

1Lf759a2.png#12: Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (Earned April 23, 2017)

Thoughts: Now that I've sullied my name with a stacking trophy, I might stack this game now that it's coming out on the Vita. This is the PS4 version and it's pretty cool. It has vibes of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker with the sailing, bombs and heart pieces, but it tells its own story. The music is composed by the Final Fantasy meister, Nobuo Uematsu, so it's gonna be great. Seriously, don't diss this game because it's an easy platinum(all of the trophies that have to be earned are tied to in-game challenges) or short. In fact, don't count at it being TOO easy - the one trophy for catching each type of fish is the hardest trophy in the game because two of the fish are nearly impossible to catch! It took me hours to get them!

1Leb7447.png#13: LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7 (Earned April 24, 2017)

Thoughts: This is the second game in the PS4 Legacy collection and it's pretty strong and dark like black coffee. As such I made it my unlucky #13(forming an avatar of a black cat, which is equally superstitious, I am not going to fear it *throws salt over his shoulder*) and it's quite a journey. There are more collectibles, more problems, and the game crashed a couple of times. Even so, I managed to make it through and get the platinum.

1Lcd4e46.png #14: Adventures of Mana (Earned April 29, 2017)

Thoughts: This is another HD remaster of a game, only one very old. It's a remaster of Final Fantasy Adventure, an old 8-bit Gameboy game that was the precursor of Secret of Mana. It was a gaiden spin-off of the Final Fantasy series and has a chocobo you can ride! This is a great game and not to hard to complete, but the last trophies you will get are the ones requiring you to get up to Level 99 and get 99 in each stat. However, it's not too hard and if you want to know how to get 99 in all stats at Level 99, PM me. ;)

1Lff7569.png#15 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Earned May 8, 2017)

Thoughts: Yes, you see it correctly - it took over a week for me to get another platinum because I have other games without trophies I like to play and I also wasn't sure what to hit next. Eventually, during my brief stint in the first Elite Olympics, I forced myself to play this game to get as many trophies as possible... and was stopped by what I thought was a bug in the game. xD

I have since dropped out of the Olympics but I am going to plan on doing better. In the meantime, I decided to just finish this off... and discovered I had missed a trophy right after the credits so I had to start from Chapter 1 and get to the point I needed to earn that final trophy. ?

This was still a fun P&C game for me and I enjoyed seeing the characters I control develop. Like Deponia, it's a port of a computer game, but as the name implies, it's a sequel so I was a bit confused by all the stuff characters talked about with their 'previous adventures' and when the big bad showed up and said "remember me?" I was like "who?" I wish that the people who put this on the PS4 had put the original Book of Unwritten Tales on the PS3 so I could have played that. *sigh* Que sera sera.

1L889b63.png#16: inFAMOUS Second Son (Earned May 10, 2017)

Thoughts: This is my 3rd and final time I am going through this game. I didn't mind the cutscenes but I wish that they could be skipped, and going through Expert difficulty was very difficult since you can't just rush in and go crazy or you'll die and be thrown back to a spawn point far away. Other than that the Secret Agent missions which require you to kill a spy were the hardest missions for me. I don't intend to play the first two inFAMOUS games, and I skipped on First Light a few times because I was a bit biased towards Fetch Walker, but this is a great game if you like being evil. (I didn't, which is why I won't ever play this game again, at least for the platinum.)

1Lcb2df6.png#17: My Name is Mayo (Vita) (Earned May 11, 2017)
1Lcb2df6.png#18: My Name is Mayo (PS4) (Earned May 11, 2017)

Thoughts: I had avoided this game for a long time as this is the most horrible cash-grab product ever designed to lure in trophy hunters - it's cheap(only 99 cents on the PSN store and you get two versions for the price of one), it's easy and it's simple - all you do is tap a jar of mayo a zillion times and click on the rewards to dress it up so you can earn trophies for tapping it while dressed up umpteen times.

However, this was before I resigned myself to re-subbing to GameFly and it was dirt cheap. I am ashamed of myself for having such a stupid game on my list in duet. But there are far worse platinums you can earn in this universe. (*coughcoughHannahMontanacoughcough*)

1L744064.png#19: Nightmares from the Deep - The Cursed Heart (May 14, 2017)

Thoughts: Before you say that I am a trophy whore, let me say that I have fallen in love with Artifex Mundi. They brought back the P&C genre in a way that makes it beautiful, with their amazing animated scenes and female protagonists. (Yep, every game from them I have consumed has you play as a woman main character... and I like it! Again, not from sexual lust, I like strong female characters!)

This time, you're a museum curator and bad things happen when you mess about with the corpse of a pirate who was executed ages ago, and you have to rescue your daughter from the undead pirates. I could quote Jack Sparrow but let's be honest, that's been done before. xD

This is a really great pirate adventure but I have one gripe - in place of the hidden-object puzzles, you can play a game of Mahjong. One trophy requires you to beat a game in under a minute and it's very hard to do that because the cursor controls are janky. Still, I strongly recommend this game if you love dealing with undead pirates. (Or are a Pirates of the Caribbean fan, since the whole game takes place in the Caribbean.)

1L38105f.png#20: Engimatis - the Ghosts of Maple Creek (Earned May 14, 2017)

Thoughts: I had a lot of options for my milestone 20th platinum but I gave it to another Artifex Mundi title. This is a missing person mystery and you play as a female police detective searching a sleepy forest town to find out what happened to a missing girl. (Yes, there are a lot of female characters in Artifex Mundi titles.) This game is special in two ways:

• All of the trophies that you earn are gold, so it's a great way to boost your gamer score.
  • You really act like a detective on a case, putting evidence on a wall like gumshoes did in the old pulp fiction novels. (This is why I call this trophy thread my wall of platinum evidence. ;) )

This game has a lot more flashback sequences and when you boot up the game you're treated to a lovely CGI sequence that really sets the mood. Kudos to Artifex Mundi! :D

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

Adult-Bombay-Feline.jpg  Platinums 21-30

1L0d7a7b.png#21: LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham (Vita) (Earned May 16, 2017)

Thoughts: My third Vita platinum and the first game I 100% which I had rented off of GameFly. I do like LEGO games, and the PS4 version of this game was what got me really serious into trophy hunting and into the DC universe. I chose this version first as the PS4 version has DLC I needed to complete, though I don't know if the DLC is still available if I played the game on another account. I had to refer to a collectible guide but it wasn't as rage-inducing as it was the first time I got the platinum. I learned from experience. :)

1L7fab4f.png #22: Nightmares from the Deep 2 - The Siren's Call (Earned May 21, 2017)

Thoughts: I had to do this game since I completed the first. The story of Sarah Black, museum curator turned pirate paranormalist, is far too amazing to miss. And we get to see the treasure chest troll telling stories for doubloons (actually fish tokens this time) and a beautiful mermaid (no, I won't call it a siren - actual Greek myth depicts the Sirens as bird-creatures) who is being used to control a kraken. ^_^

1L882b09.png #23: Grim Legends - The Forsaken Bride (Earned May 21, 2017)

Thoughts: The fairy-tale setting wasn't really that impressive to me but the whole cursed bear and demon thing was really impressive. And you get to use a kitty to help you get things! AW! (I'm a big cat lover, as you can tell.) I did not like the dominoes alternate game but there was an exploit to make it so you could skip most of the game which saved my sanity in this case.

1Lb4e68e.png #24: FreezeME (Earned May 23, 2017)

Thoughts: At first I enjoyed the whole fact that it ripped off of Banjo-Kazooie, but then I got annoyed at the fact that you have to go to the final level and beat it to get an ability which is hard to control. I did not finish the game completely as the final boss battle is a cat's droppings annoyance to get to! Also, getting all of the Green Pig Coins is an exercise in mind-numbing blood-letting, don't do it. :(

1L4bd62c.png #25: LEGO Legend of Chima - Laval's Journey (Earned May 26, 2017)

Thoughts: I am glad that this, my second GameFly rented game, was not purchased. I've learned my lesson about spending money on games like this which only get the "wham, bam, thank you man" treatment. Worse, this LEGO entry doesn't have a trophy for getting 100%, though considering how much stuff you have to collect, I wasn't too surprised. Chima also isn't as popular in the original LEGO properties as Ninjago(which my nephew loves). A shame, some of the cartoon cutscenes were really more impressive than the ugly in-game cutscenes. ?

1Lb42a1c.png#26: Eventide - Slavic Fable (Earned May 27, 2017)

Thoughts: A charming one-shot story about a girl's grandma getting kidnapped by a mythical Slavic creature for its own wicked ends. I have yet to examine the breadth of Artifex Mundi's line-up to see if there is a sequel to this but if there is, I'd play it. I see these games as interactive fiction with puzzles thrown in to make you hooked. ;)

1L2ee2ae.png#27: Tales from the Borderlands (Earned May 31, 2017)

Thoughts: My (hopefully only) Telltale entry. The only reason I even bothered with this perfect storm of Telltale and Borderlands was because it was free on PS Plus(still is - PSN hasn't updated their PS Plus lineup for June) and I fell prey to a moment of weakness. Even so, while I suffered through the dialogue optio0ns and QTEs, I found myself caring for Rhys(who accidentally downloaded the soul of Handsome Jack into his brain) and Fiona(a con woman who found a yen for Vault Hunting) as well as Athena(gaming needs more homosexual characters - I may be Catholic in a society that treats gays as evil but the GLBS community is highly mistreated; if God really hates gays, he would have gone back in time and stopped the Devil from making the homosexual urges :P) and the cute little robot called Gortys(I want to make a plushie of her! :D); doesn't mean I'll play Borderlands any time soon.

1L476839.png#28: Enigmatis 2 - The Mists of Ravenwood (Earned June 4, 2017)

Thoughts: I wanted it to be June 3, but I had to go through the game four times because I missed a butterfly near the end. :( Anyways, great sequel to the original though I could have done without the raven in my face. I had to use hints for the hidden objects puzzles in Expert Mode, as they are harder than before. But I got through it okay. Great creepy stuff, including the giant fog raven with red eyes. Nightmare Fuel! :o

1Ld7dd9a.png#29: Her Majesty's SPIFFING (Earned June 4, 2017)

Thoughts: $20 of my candy money is going to have to go to groceries or bills because I had to buy this game to get a trash plat. Not to say that the creators of this short comedic piece of blatant Euro-racism is god-awful, but it's really dumb jack@$$ comedy at its lowest brow. :P

1L295ac2.png #30: The Deadly Tower of Monsters (Earned June 6, 2017)

I really didn't expect to get so into this game that it caused me to earn the plat before the game I wanted to get this plat in, but what can ya do? ;) This is really a hilarious comedy plat. Sadly, I never cleared the game because there is no trophy for beating the final final boss, but hey, the director's commentary was silly. Sadly, I was not born before the great era of trash B-movie sci-fi. :D

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

birmanskaya_koshka_svyashhennaya_birma_AMy Current Backlog

Here are all the games I own which I have not completed yet.

Games w/ Platinums I Have Started:

32S2e88bb.png Yooka-Laylee

15S8e955b.png Persona 4 Golden

2Sdf1a0e.png World of Final Fantasy
1S294080.png Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (1.5+2.5 Remix, Summer Backlog Challenge 2017)

1S950dec.png Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix (1.5+2.5 Remix, Summer Backlog Challenge 2017)

1Sb4c851.png Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (2.8 FCP, Summer Backlog Challenge 2017)

1Sb2f273.png Dokuro

1Sd478fe.png Typoman: Revised Edition

1Sced77c.png Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

1S4aaccb.png Ratchet and Clank

1S89e4ad.png Dark Cloud 2

1Sb3aea8.png Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

1Sbc6a9a.png Rogue Legacy

2S960959.png Psychonauts (I have platinumed it on one account)

Games I own, but have not started yet:

6S001df1.png Dragon Quest Heroes II (double point game for the upcoming platinum race in July)

3S00c948.png Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (1.5+2.5 Remix)

2S064e2b.png Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (1.5+2.5 Remix)

36Sf0c974.png Persona 5 (double point game for the upcoming platinum race in July)

Games I owned, but got rid of and want back:

22S14e14b.png Digimonstory: Cybersleuth

45S40d98e.png Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

Games I have never owned but want to try:

20S05b9e2.png Horizon Zero Dawn (my gym trainer paints it in a nice light)

Games I am going to buy and plat:

33S02be19.png Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (when it comes out, I will buy it)

17S573f47.png Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

31S3649b9.png Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Congrats on your list! What are you working on next? Looks like you have some fun ones to look forward to~

Working on Dragon Quest Builders now, got it rented on GameFly for PS4. (I'd gladly buy it but I am saving the money I earned for FFXII: The Zodiac Age.) Also doing some of the Kingdom Hearts games for my Summer Backlog challenge. ^_^

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

@MidnightCJ I see you got the Spiffing plat...I've been thinking of getting this, but can you explain what you mean by Euro-racism?

I meant the blatant British and French stereotypes thrown about showing the characters the main characters to be so gayly British(spot of tea, Alec Jones looking like a rip-off of Harry Potter, etc.) It was insinuating that the creators did this to mock the misinterpreted stereotrypes about British and French people. It's a goofy game if you aren't offended by the stereotypes, and it's very short. In fact, I got the platinum in under an hour.

Edited by MidnightCJ

• 3 weeks later...

12598627_f520.jpg  Platinums 31-40

1L472e3f.png#31: Dragon Quest Builders (Earned June 10, 2017)

Thoughts: I really really love this game. I had platinumed it on the PS Vita in my last two accounts but sadly, I couldn't afford to buy it on the Vita again so the PS4 version was rented from GF(the only version available). That doesn't matter because this is a shared list so it doesn't matter which version gets the trophies, the entire platinum is yours no matter what. This also means there are no platinum stacks, you get only one platinum for the game in the US Version, but I don't care as this game is too good to platinum twice. Not like I couldn't do it for two plats; I used a great set of guides by a Youtuber called CVSPPF who gives a walkthrough for completing the worst of the challenges you have to do, the speed-run challenges. I've put a link in this text wall to the playlist for those videos for those eager to earn this platinum. :)

An alternate aftermath to the Dragon Warrior story ending, this game really harps on the building aspect and is claimed to be a Minecraft clone, but this is more in line with Terrraria. Either way, the building mechanics and crafting mechanics are really simple.

1L87c244.png #32: Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (Earned June 17, 2017)

Did you expect this again? This is actually the PS Vita version. Yes, they finally ported this indie game to the PS Vita for cheap($12.47 on PSN) and I bought it and got 100% on it again, despite how I forgot how much I hated the Fish Sticks trophy. ?

Regardless, everything I said about the PS4 version is true here, so there's no need to repeat myself. If you need something to keep you in rage-check while taking transit, pick this up. It's still as beautiful on the Vita as it was on the PS4. :D

whatif.png #33: Life is Strange (Earned June 23, 2017)

Thoughts: OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! That is some creepy f'ked up sh't right there! And with the power to rewind time, I felt bad for poor Maxine, she was trying to save her friend... oops, sorry. No wish to spoil plot if you want to go ahead and trip the light fantastic in that story-driven game.

This was a free-to-play title in PS Plus on June and I was on the fence with it for a long time, but like I did with Tales of the Borderlands, I digested it slowly and eventually got used to the weird stuff going on. And yet another fable in why humans should not be allowed to change history. *sigh* I need an adult. ?

1Lf16eae.png#34: Dark Cloud (Earned June 24, 2017)

Thoughts: This game was platinumed on my last two accounts and it's easy to earn most of the platinums. The hardest trophy is Sticky Fingers because it's totally based on RNG - you have to be lucky enough to get a weapon that has the Steal ability, which only two people can get on initial weapons. And you only get new weapons from big chests, which are very rare. Over all, though, this is a nice classic game ported from the PS2. While I got interested from its sequel, Dark Cloud 2, this game is still a great game.

1L055d5c.png#35: Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (Earned June 28, 2017)

Thoughts: Having gotten the platinum for this on my old accounts on the Vita version, I didn't expect much more from the PS4 version, and it delivered. Other than some silly psychedelic intro of the characters like they did in Final Fantasy VI, the game was pretty much the same thing. The story is silly and the combat is pretty decent, and you can capture monsters which really help you out - the Skeleton and Snowman were probably my go-tos for most of the mid-game. It's a fun 16-bit indie game created by Muteki and deserving of their support. ;)

1L824eaf.png#36: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Earned June 28, 2017)

Thoughts: My third GameFly rental. I decided to just get it over with. The Vita version of the game was less interesting and the duels were boring. The dueling club was a stupid grind that I didn't like much. But all in all, it's an easy trophy.

1Le32c6c.png#37: Dark Arcana - The Carnival (Earned July 1, 2017)

Thoughts: My first platinum for the big platinum race with Kochiya, Kent and a few others. I popped this a half-hour after midnight. In hindsight, I should have realized that doing the bonus chapters in these games takes a lot longer than it seems. Yes, it's another new Artifex Mundi point-and-click but the story of an alternate dimension and some guy who kidnaps a woman to save his wife is reminiscent of Nightmares from the Deep and the undead pirates.

The music was also deliciously creepy.

1L3ae4a7.png#38: Catlateral Damage (Earned July 1, 2017)

Thoughts: I love cats. In case you didn't notice, I based this account of a fictional black cat called Midnight Louie. So the cat to play as a cat was awesome.

Sadly, the platinum was not so much. The last trophy I got took a lot of RNG manipulation and many many objective runs to get the right stage to spawn so I could clear it in under a minute and thirty seconds. Do not try to platinum this - the Time Trial challenge is the most bullocks RNG-based trophy ever. :(

1L7fcd34.png#39: LEGO The Hobbit (Earned July 5, 2017)

Thoughts: My first encounter with LEGO-ified Tolkien was LEGO Lord of the Rings for the PS3, which I rage-quit the first time through because of Isengard. But eventually I got over it and earned the platinum on my third account. I have never fully read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I HAVE read The Hobbit, the first story that kicks it off, and I even saw the goofy animated movie made in, oh, 1977? This game wasn't as BS in the trophies and challenges.

The problem? IT IS INCOMPLETE. Traveler's Tales, in their infinite wisdom, decided to put it out BEFORE they got info on the third movie. Yep, The Hobbit book was filmed into a three-part movie series. I understand that there was lots going on but three movies? Sadly, this game ends after the end of the second book, where Smaug attacks the lake-town. We never see the Bard kill the giant lizard and that is a shame. But even so, this game did some new things which probably angered a lot of fans; the loot and crafting system was really only there to drain your studs and not much else. Meh.

1L961a63.png#40: X-BLAZE LOST - MEMORIES (Earned July 6, 2017)

Thoughts: My only VN of the list and only because there were some interactive parts in the first half. I did like the main character. Sadly, this game spoiled the plot to X-BLAZE CODE: EMBRYO so it's not worth doing that for. I don't intend to make a habit of platinuming Japanese VNs. That's Kochiya-Shana's department. :P

Edited by MidnightCJ

1Lf16eae.png#34: Dark Cloud

At long last, one of the backlog is struck down. This is a really great classic from the Playstation-2 days and it keeps all of its warts, so you can use a glitch to power up everyone's weapons to ultimate level. To be fair, I didn't know about this glitch when I beat the game on the original PS2.

1L055d5c.png#35: Dragon Fantasy - Book of Ice

I platinumed the Vita version of this 16-bit RPG Maker-made madness which spoofs FF6 and Chrono Trigger, and it didn't lose its charm in the PS4 version. The grinding is still pretty much there but once you get the +1 Sword, you can pretty much grind Ogden to Level 99 and cheese the game. Not even the end-game enemies do more than 1 point of damage at max level. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Platinums 41-50

1L47879f.png  #41: Teslagrad (Earned July 11, 2017)

Thoughts: Another game I wasn't expecting on this list again. Still, it came through GameFly so they are footing the bill. ;)

While getting the platinum is easy(you do not even have to fight the final boss) and the game's trophies are all based on the collectibles, getting these 36 items is not easy; you have to use literal magnetism to solve puzzles. The bosses are pretty tough too and I only got deathless on the first boss because he's a chump. There is also a sequel to this game called World to the West which involves controlling four characters, one of them is also a master of electricity(teslamancer) and since that game has three trophies starting with X, I will need to play it to get the trophy for my Alphabet Challenge. ^_^ EDIT: Can't afford World to the West as of the typing. :(

1La1fbfb.png #42: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Earned July 17, 2017)

Thoughts: This is the Vita version of the game. I had platinumed the PS3 version on my third account but I gave up on my PS3 which I regret doing as there are a lot of games I wish I could go back to(Mugen Souls Z for one) and you can't stream on PS Now.

The Vita version is pretty easy to get through though and it's not too bad. If you like Lord of the Rings, you might check this out. The trading in treasures for Red Bricks is pretty nice.

1L3d80f0.png #43: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus (Earned July 21, 2017)

Thoughts: Platinumed this while baby-sitting my parent's dogs. It isn't too hard - you just complete the story and get all of the vaults cracked. You do have to beat the final boss to open the last vault but it's a small setback. The game is pretty short unlike its sequels, which are mission-based. I probably will platinum the rest of the series, even Honor Among Thieves(even though I hate the Master Thief challenges). Oh, and this is the Vita version as it's easier to complete the final levels on the Vita version than the PS3 version due to frame-rate issues.

1L60ddf2.png#44: LEGO Batman 2 - DC Superheroes (PS3) (July 25, 2017)

Thoughts: So I said most of the games in this list wouldn't be PS3 since I sold my PS3 a long time ago. Well, I discovered Playstation Now, a streaming service that lets you stream games that are exclusive to the PS3. That includes a few LEGO games I played when I had a PS3. I platted this game on my more ancient accounts and loved it to bits. Still love it but it shows its age. This game actually is probably the first LEGO game that did an overworld right, making Gotham City a giant behemoth to explore. That was also why it took so long to plat, but it was just under the seven days for the free trial. I definitely have considered a permanent sub to Now despite the $20/month price tag. I would not be subbed too long, just long enough to plat the games I was interested in.

1L5d8f49.png #45: Lost Grimoires - Stolen Kingdom (July 25, 2017)

Thoughts: On the tail end of the above trophy is this one, another Artifex Mundi title. This one is also a gold mine(sic) with 10 gold trophies, but unlike its brethren, there is no bonus chapter. The alchemy system is really cool even though the alchemy is more just story-related fetch questing with stone-rotation puzzles to cast the spells. All in all, it's a pretty nice game with a deep story, like all the other titles. ;)

1Lc0aa32.png#46: LEGO Jurassic World (PS Vita) (July 26, 2017)

Thoughts: Pretty much par for the course. The only boring trophy is Hold Onto Your Studs, which requires you to grind 2 billion studs, which is made worse by the lack of a 2x multiplier, the only 2x multiplier missing from the entire LEGO series. But if you love the Jurassic Park movies, you might check this out. ^_^

1L12c265.png #47: Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4/Vita) (July 27, 2017)

Thoughts: I wasn't as fond of this entry in Tim Schafer's addled mind as I was Psychonauts but it has its place. Taking control of a Mexican Grim Reaper as he tries to uncover the corruption behind his agency is something that certain people might appreciate. Me, I don't fear Death, just try to keep him out of mind. Regardless, if you follow a guide, this shouldn't take you forever. I got stuck in Year 2 because I was giving the ticket to the wrong booth, but that was a small thing. (I got this for free on PS Plus and decided to play it while dog-sitting.)

1L78e2ce.png#48: Ratchet and Clank (PS4 remake) (July 29, 2017)

Thoughts: This is based off of the animated film, not the original property but I really enjoyed it - Insomniac took everything from their PS3 titles and brought it home here in a re-imagining of the original origins of the Dynamic Duo. While I have platinumed the original game on my old accounts, this game has its own charms that make it more than a mere remaster of an OP. I could have watched the film, but I don't do movies nowadays. :P

Surprisingly, I got both race time trial trophies in only a couple of tries. The grinding was the worst part.

1L9e1b04.png#49: Goosebumps the Game (July 30, 2017)

Thoughts: I had read a few paperbacks of the Goosebumps series back during my days before gaming, when I was spending my money on paperback kid's novels. ^_^ I did enjoy the TV show adaption's theme song a lot. I had seen this game around but didn't touch it until it went off for $5.42 at the local PSN Store sale.

So this gets a point-and-click adventure. I've played other games in its ilk based on fiction, like the PC game based on Demons Don't Dream, a Xanth novel by Piers Anthony, but this game really has a lot going for it. The trophies required three playthroughs for me because I messed up on the 100% inventory trophy in my second game and I didn't follow the walkthrough on this site because I am an obsessive save-hound, but it isn't too hard to retrace your steps. There were a couple of jump scares(gnomes, man!) but the surprise ending was hilarious.

If you are a big fan of Slappy the Dummy and the monsters in R.L. Stine's works, I suggest you check this out. Only that and trophy whores should bother with this game, though - it's not really my favorite point-and-click.

1Le3e8cd.png#50: Shantae - Half-Genie Hero (Vita) (July 31, 2017)

Thoughts: My last platinum of July and it also took three plays because I don't have the platforming skillz to avoid taking a ton of damage and I ended up at Risky's fight at over three hours. :(

Still, I was willing to play it a third time; this is one of my favorite games. WayForward had published this, Goosebumps the Game, and A Boy And His Blob, not to mention Shovel Knight. Starting as a GBC occult sleeper hit about a half-genie girl and her arch-enemy, the pirate queen Risky Boots, Shantae had a few games of fame until people stopped caring about her... until Kickstarter arrived and WayForward decided to kickstart her revival in this beautiful PS4 adventure which got a Vita port.

I had platinumed the PS4 version on my last account but decided to go for the Vita this time as my Vita library was sadly lacking. So I sacrificed Yooka and Laylee to the fires of the Genie Realm xD and got enough PSN cash to buy it digitally. This game is just as beautiful on the small screen as on the big screen and I want everyone reading this who doesn't have the game to play it in my highest recommendations. Yes, there are a couple of speed run trophies but that's what Hero Mode is for - once you unlock that, you can play without having to earn the five major transformation dances which means you can be a monkey, elephant, crab, mouse or harpy at any stage of the game, which makes getting 100% in under four hours so much easier.

Edited by MidnightCJ

6 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Great start on your checklist, I recommend doing Grim Fandango next. It's a fun and short title. Provided you use a guide, you'll get all the trophies in one go.

I'll give it another roll once I plat the Sly Collection - my SD card is at its limit. I rage-quit the last time because I wasn't used to the necessary tank controls you have to activate for a trophy.

11 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I'll give it another roll once I plat the Sly Collection - my SD card is at its limit. I rage-quit the last time because I wasn't used to the necessary tank controls you have to activate for a trophy.

Wouldn't it be easier to play on console?