Transfer game data from Store Downloaded Game

ratchet404

Hi,

I bought Ratchet and Clank 2 via the PSN Store on PS Vita but then i have gone out and bought the physical trilogy which has all the games on. I am able to use the same game data i had already created but i have read online that i cant delete the game without deleting the game data. 

I have downloaded the content manager for PC but its not letting me transfer the game saves only the whole game.

Is there anyway i can keep the game save data but delete the game i downloaded from the store?

Thanks for any advice or help.

3 minutes ago, Penguin_Alex said:

I have downloaded the content manager for PC but its not letting me transfer the game saves only the whole game.

That's weird, it should back up the saves on the PC. If you get PS+ you can also back them up in the cloud. Besides that, it's also possible to connect the Vita to the PS3 and create a backup.

• Like 1

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

That's weird, it should back up the saves on the PC. If you get PS+ you can also back them up in the cloud. Besides that, it's also possible to connect the Vita to the PS3 and create a backup.

Does the PS+ Backup system work on vita? i was unaware of this i might have to resubscribe?

Also do you need PS+ to play games online on Vita?

Sorry im new to the whole vita system!!

Just now, Penguin_Alex said:

Does the PS+ Backup system work on vita? i was unaware of this i might have to resubscribe?

Also do you need PS+ to play games online on Vita?

Sorry im new to the whole vita system!!

Yeah, PS+ cloud is shared between all your consoles, and no, you don't need PS+ to play online. That's only required on the PS4.

Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, PS+ cloud is shared between all your consoles, and no, you don't need PS+ to play online. That's only required on the PS4.

Don't worry about it.

thanks for the help man! got PS+ and got it all sorted :)

Thankyou

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Is there a way to back up only the save data and not all of the game's data? (without PS+)

Also, Is it possible to play a save from one region on another region of a game? (using a save from a JP version to a US version)

Yes, as dragon mentioned above, you can use the content manager on pc, or connect it to a ps3.

No, saves are almost universally only for the specific region of the game, the only exceptions I can think of are auto-pop games like Sound Shapes

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes, as dragon mentioned above, you can use the content manager on pc, or connect it to a ps3.

No, saves are almost universally only for the specific region of the game, the only exceptions I can think of are auto-pop games like Sound Shapes

This^

1: Without PS Plus, your only options are to backup your system to either a PC or PS3.

2: With a few exceptions, all saves are region locked so won't load if both them and the game aren't from the same place. There are a select few games with region free saves but they are the exception, rather than the rule.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've got loads of Vita games but not enough memory cards to play them all on and I don't want lose my progress, so for games I don't want to play for a while I just backed them up to an external hard drive. Use Content Manager to transfer all games to PC, then just copy paste your games into hard drive, making new folders with each game named to make life easier for you. This will save you the hassle of going though a massive download list cluttered with DLCs and PSP games, looking for an older game even if you have saves backed up with PS+. Just transfer your games back into any Vita you own as long as your account regions are the same as downloaded game.

• Like 1