Righteous cause trophy

JanFranSwan

I'm stupidly paranoid, but is the righteous trophy glitching for a lot of people? Also if you kill a non-combatant can you just reload a save or do I need to start a new game? cause I think that's the only thing that could have prevented me from getting it other than a glitch.

I am wondering the same myself about the reloading save part. I know weapon kills carry over even if you reload a save so non-combatant kills might also. Almost done with my Medium playthrough and I don't think I have killed anyone but I have reloaded my save.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-19 at 5:32 AM, skateak said:

I am wondering the same myself about the reloading save part. I know weapon kills carry over even if you reload a save so non-combatant kills might also. Almost done with my Medium playthrough and I don't think I have killed anyone but I have reloaded my save.

Same here, I guess I'll find out soon...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

This might be a stupid question but how do I advance in this game? I'm trying for the righteous cause trophy. Don't kill any non combatants. I'm stuck in a med bay type room with a medic that just keeps running around saying "don't kill me.. I'm unarmed" I don't want to kill him because that would void the trophy. (I think) I've read if you aim your gun at him the key card will appear in the room. I've been chasing him for about 15mins now and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

aksj.hgaskj.hgzd;gq

I've done a playthrough on each difficulty and not killed any non-combatants and didn't get the trophy.

I've just finished a 5th playthrough, on easy again, and barely killed anyone at all, I just ran through everything. Still no trophy... I didn't kill the three 'mutants' that could've been miners in the zoo, didn't kill the hospital staff for the key card or the area to drop the boat or to stop the tram engineer.

I didn't use explosives or the railgun.
I'm at a loss....

Edited by OpenScars

• 2 months later...

I just got the trophy a few days ago after my 4th playthrough , what I did was:

1. I erased all my saves, to start a fresh playthrough.

2. Start a new game on easy difficulty

3. Only use the pistol, submachinegun, assault rifle cause you might get an accidental kill with other guns.

4. On my playthrough I killed an non combatient and I just reload my save and the trophy still pops

And this: I make the playthrough on 1 go (2 hrs)

Dont know if it's gonna work, but that's what I did, hope it helps anybody

Edited by TWarrick90

• 3 months later...

There is nothing wrong with this trophy. I got it first try and I used every weapon. It doesn't have to be in one run and if you think you accidentally shot someone feel free to reload your last save file.
It's simple. Don't kill any unarmed character by yourself. If you don't get the trophy by the end of the campaign you have killed someone somehow. Period.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This thread got me anxious, and seeing the trophy pop at the end of my 2nd playthrough was a huge relief. I was borderline paranoid about it and reloaded even when a non-combatant got anywhere close my line of fire.

Just my guess, but I think the biggest offender is the rail gun. This thing seems to have unlimited range and will go through absolutely any surface. I did use it but was super cautious.