Reaching Legend Rank 250 - Farming EXP Method

LordPickleweasel

Whether this is the best method or not, can be debated.

So I have been running the "Stuffed Turtle" quarantine zone, on normal difficulty, for the past 4 hours, and I was able to farm 600 Disaster Relief Packages.

After I quit out and put the game on Nightmare Difficulty, and returned to the "Quartermaster", and return all the DRP (Disaster Relief Packages). Which would give me 120,000 EXP per DRP.

Now, I know if you are really into the game, the DRP will not be worth 120,000 EXP. I believe, a person must pass a certain point in the story so they become more valuable.

So, I would acquire 72,000,000 EXP within a 4-hour span. Keep in mind, I was watching movies at the same time, to keep me from losing my mind. 

Now, it may vary per person. What I was specifically doing is...

• Use the grappling hook to the switch, and turn it off. (Thus removing the electric current that is on the floor)
  • Grab all the DRP in the main area.
  • Lockpick, and open the door.
  • Run through the zombies, and jump over the obstacles into the first room, and kill the zombie on the floor.
  • Grab the package, leave the room the room, but remain on the obstacles (shelves) until the "Bloater", exploding zombie, goes off. (9 times out of 10, if you are on top of the objects, it will not kill you)
  • Quickly dash into the room, and grab the package.
  • Run through the zombies again, through the main area, and out the front door.
  • Repeat the process.

If you have any questions, or better yet improvements, please feel free to post.

This is the Spoiler in the story, where I believe the DRP become more valuable.

Spoiler

Once you have passed the part where DRP are no longer being dropped, I believe, they become more valuable on Nightmare difficulty.

Edited by XSVForce19
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Weren't people just duping DRP's?  Wouldn't that save a lot of time? 

Possibly, but I do not know the duplicating trick, and if you someone wanted to do it, legitimately, this is a way.

Yes, it would take a lot longer than duplicating, but I like a bit of a challenge, and a grind once in awhile.

This is just another method if people want to actually grind to 250.

you can just easely duplicate it, jsut get like 10 packages to strart with then do the following thing.

1. Join any online person.

2. Go to your stash and put your packages in there

3. close your stash but keep looking at it so you still see the ''press square to acces stash'' message.

4. press start/options and choose dropout, then quickly press square once.

5. if all goes well you should now be back in your own game with the stash open, drop the packages directly from your stash onto the ground (R3)
6. exit the stash, pick up the stuff and repeat

All your packeges shouls double each time. the game might crash on you if you take to long being in your stash once ur back in your own game. so do it fast.

Hope this helps, (author from the Dying Light Parkour Fever DLC Guide)

23 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

you can just easely duplicate it, jsut get like 10 packages to strart with then do the following thing.

3. close your stash but keep looking at it so you still see the ''press square to acces stash'' message.

5. if all goes well you should now be back in your own game with the stash open, drop the packages directly from your stash onto the ground (R3)

All your packeges shouls double each time. the game might crash on you if you take to long being in your stash once ur back in your own game. so do it fast.

I do appreciate the explanation for duplicated DRP's. I will do it legitimately, only because I have time to waste. Again, also thank you for your guide. It did help me a lot with the Sweaty Hands? Trophy.

So, there you have it people, two methods for your grind to Legend rank 250. Whether it's be farming quarantine zones, or duplicated. 

12 hours ago, XSVForce19 said:

I do appreciate the explanation for duplicated DRP's. I will do it legitimately, only because I have time to waste. Again, also thank you for your guide. It did help me a lot with the Sweaty Hands? Trophy.

I made the Parkour Fever Guide, not the following. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 20/5/2017 at 1:53 AM, gamesfourever said:

it still works? I can't do it :S

2 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

@Cleggworth was able to do it the other day, but it wouldn’t work for me. I can exit the other person’s game with my stash open (though have to disconnect in settings rather than dropping out in-game, guess I’m too slow) but my packages are never in there. After hours of attempts I gave up and just farmed stuffed turtle till about level 90 to max out the more important skills. Good thing I don’t mind grinding. :P 

The guide you quoted says to store the packages when you’re in the other person’s lobby whereas the other guides I’d been following said to do it before you joined. But I’ve just tried both and neither worked, so not sure what the issue is. But it definitely still works for some people.

4 hours ago, alexhardstyle said:

I did the method slightly differently

1. Drop the packages you want to dupe in the stash

2. Face the stash so the open prompt is visible

3. Find a game which is on the same map as you with a poor connection, you may have to wait a moment as the game populates the list with good connections first

4. When the game is loading wait until the loading icon disappears then disconnect from the network via settings and immediately turn it back on again (I found the best way was to navigate to the necessary menu first so a double tap of the ps button will take you there and back quickly)

5. Return to the game to find the disconnection messages

6. hammer square to open the stash box as the game returns to your solo game

7. scroll to the packages, r3 to drop ∆ all, O immediately as the game will crash

8. Pick up packages

I wonder if this method works, at least for me anyway, because you don't actually join anyone's game? You can't drop DRPs for other players anymore maybe that's why it doesn't work by joining someone and dropping out

36 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

@Cleggworth was able to do it the other day, but it wouldn’t work for me. I can exit the other person’s game with my stash open (though have to disconnect in settings rather than dropping out in-game, guess I’m too slow) but my packages are never in there. After hours of attempts I gave up and just farmed stuffed turtle till about level 90 to max out the more important skills. Good thing I don’t mind grinding. :P 

The guide you quoted says to store the packages when you’re in the other person’s lobby whereas the other guides I’d been following said to do it before you joined. But I’ve just tried both and neither worked, so not sure what the issue is. But it definitely still works for some people.

:/ I'll try then if something works. If u find any duplication glitch that still works quote me please! 

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, alexhardstyle said:

:/ I'll try then if something works. If u find any duplication glitch that still works quote me please! 

This is super late, apologies-- but I can confirm that the outlined method above your post does still work, with occasional crashing if you move too quick. I was able to do it less than a week ago to gear up and get the frickin' Bozak trophies out of the way.

It works better if you're able to hardwire, as all you'd have to do is unplug the ethernet cable from your console immediately after you confirm joining someone else's game.

Edited by Xannic
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 20/5/2017 at 0:38 AM, LordPickleweasel said:

So I have been running the "Stuffed Turtle" quarantine zone, on normal difficulty, for the past 4 hours, and I was able to farm 600 Disaster Relief Packages.

After I quit out and put the game on Nightmare Difficulty, and returned to the "Quartermaster", and return all the DRP (Disaster Relief Packages). Which would give me 120,000 EXP per DRP.

Now, I know if you are really into the game, the DRP will not be worth 120,000 EXP. I believe, a person must pass a certain point in the story so they become more valuable.

So, I would acquire 72,000,000 EXP within a 4-hour span. Keep in mind, I was watching movies at the same time, to keep me from losing my mind. 

• Use the grappling hook to the switch, and turn it off. (Thus removing the electric current that is on the floor)
  • Run through the zombies, and jump over the obstacles into the first room, and kill the zombie on the floor.
  • Grab the package, leave the room the room, but remain on the obstacles (shelves) until the "Bloater", exploding zombie, goes off. (9 times out of 10, if you are on top of the objects, it will not kill you)
  • Repeat the process.

If you have any questions, or better yet improvements, please feel free to post.

Reveal hidden contents

Once you have passed the part where DRP are no longer being dropped, I believe, they become more valuable on Nightmare difficulty.

It must be done on highest difficulty right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

It must be done on highest difficulty right?

If they haven't patched it. You only have to turn in the DRP on nightmare difficulty, the stuffed turtle mission can be done on an easy difficulty if one chooses. Keep in mind this post is a few years old and I haven't played the game in a while. Things might have changed.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:09 PM, LordPickleweasel said:

If they haven't patched it. You only have to turn in the DRP on nightmare difficulty, the stuffed turtle mission can be done on an easy difficulty if one chooses. Keep in mind this post is a few years old and I haven't played the game in a while. Things might have changed.

For all the users: I've delivered them on Nightmare and it worked perfectly. 

They're even giving 2X XP even in day-time with new update 1.15, not only at night 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 06/02/2019 at 7:28 PM, Cleggworth said:

I did the method slightly differently

1. Drop the packages you want to dupe in the stash

2. Face the stash so the open prompt is visible

3. Find a game which is on the same map as you with a poor connection, you may have to wait a moment as the game populates the list with good connections first

4. When the game is loading wait until the loading icon disappears then disconnect from the network via settings and immediately turn it back on again (I found the best way was to navigate to the necessary menu first so a double tap of the ps button will take you there and back quickly)

5. Return to the game to find the disconnection messages

6. hammer square to open the stash box as the game returns to your solo game

7. scroll to the packages, r3 to drop ∆ all, O immediately as the game will crash

8. Pick up packages

I wonder if this method works, at least for me anyway, because you don't actually join anyone's game? You can't drop DRPs for other players anymore maybe that's why it doesn't work by joining someone and dropping out

The "Drop out" method mentioned in the guide does not work but this still does even today. Thanks a lot, this is a huge time saver. ?

You can also use "Friends only" game with other friend. They can just AFK in the slums tower and that will speed up things significantly as well.

@Charizarzar Just FYI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

The "Drop out" method mentioned in the guide does not work but this still does even today. Thanks a lot, this is a huge time saver. 1f44d.png

You can also use "Friends only" game with other friend. They can just AFK in the slums tower and that will speed up things significantly as well.

@Charizarzar Just FYI.

Thanks for letting me know. With all the updates it’s hard to keep on top of what’s no longer working. I’ll update it when I get on my PC.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I went back playing on Dying Light. I really love this game and wanna get the 100% before playing the second one :)

I have to come to use the glitch method to get EXP with the relief packages. To be ready for the Bozak challenges obviously. I didn't try it yet but after searching a lot on websites and Youtube, I feel like it's still working but wanted to have your feedback first :)

Anyway, I will definitely try this glitch and will come back to you with my own feedback. At the moment, I've been picking up the relief packages from the quarantine zone Stuffed Turtle to reach 99 items. Then I will be ready to try the glitch.

On 28/02/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mystic_Snake said:

Hi guys, I went back playing on Dying Light. I really love this game and wanna get the 100% before playing the second one :)

I have to come to use the glitch method to get EXP with the relief packages. To be ready for the Bozak challenges obviously. I didn't try it yet but after searching a lot on websites and Youtube, I feel like it's still working but wanted to have your feedback first :)

Anyway, I will definitely try this glitch and will come back to you with my own feedback. At the moment, I've been picking up the relief packages from the quarantine zone Stuffed Turtle to reach 99 items. Then I will be ready to try the glitch.

I can confirm it still works. I did it just the other day so I could do the Bozak Horde myself. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 4:43 AM, KLLMx said:

I can confirm it still works. I did it just the other day so I could do the Bozak Horde myself. 

Thanks for your reply and I can also confirm that it works like a charm on PS5!

So I did it yesterday night for like one hour on PS5 and it's really easy to do it. I've been doing it from the DLC The Following because the stash is really close where you spawn again after you get kicked out because you turn off your internet connection. 

To resume how I do it compared to the guide, here is it :

1. Obtain exactly 99 relief packages from the quarantine zone Shuffle Turtle
  2. Just put all your 99 relief packages in your stash
  3. Go to the first safe zone in the DLC The Following and face the stash and making sure that the open prompt is visible
  4. Search for another player's game from the quick game's option (your session should be public)
  5. Accept the popup message and while this game is loading, wait for the loading icon to disappear. Immediately hold the PS button to go back to Settings then Network Settings, then uncheck and recheck the box you were hovering over.
  6. Go back to the game which should show a disconnection message. Spam Square around 5 times or more to open the stash box (just spam the square button to be sure to not get to the right side of the menu because it will crash automatically) before you're returned to your solo game. If you've done this part correctly, you should see the menu pop up just before the screen turns black.
  7. Use the left analog stick to get to the right side of the menu. Drop the DRPs using R3 and immediately press Circle to close the menu. 
  8. Pick up the DRPs. Your original DRPs should still be in your single-player stash. Don't need to put your duplicate package in your stash yet, you can keep it and repeat the process from step 1
I think I have enough relief packages so tonight will sell all of them on Nightmares mode and will tell you if it was enough to reach legend rank 250 :)

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, LordPickleweasel said:

• Repeat the process.

Reveal hidden contents

hey man thanks this helped alot. i got everything legit but the legend level meter barely even moves. i played th entire buggy dlc and didnt even get 1 legend level. handed in 50 packages on normal and only got 1 level. handed in 50 packages on nightmare and got 7 levels. makes things a hell of alot faster.

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

hey man thanks this helped alot. i got everything legit but the legend level meter barely even moves. i played th entire buggy dlc and didnt even get 1 legend level. handed in 50 packages on normal and only got 1 level. handed in 50 packages on nightmare and got 7 levels. makes things a hell of alot faster.

You need about 4000 drops on Nightmare to reach Legend 250.